2012 Development Camp

Eleven

I admit, I read that as rump.

And a fine post to make your reappearance with. Good to see you again.

I'll be in my Myers jersey maybe I will see some fellow sabrespace members down there, gotta say I am pretty excited to watch some hockey.

Just keep your pants on if you see Chz. Remember -- you have zero chance if you can't be cool about it.

Hmm so if buffalo signs Roy and wise could they both play for the amerks?

Also would be a big shocker if Girgensons makes the team and not grigorenko?

Despite what I said in the Girgensons thread about wanting him to develop more, it would not shock me. Physically he just seems more ready, even if his talent level isn't in the same ballpark. Grigorenko's hands are as incredible as they were supposed to be, but what Patrick Roy said definitely rings true--the kid has to get stronger, he just gets moved around too easily. That said, it's July...there's a LOT of time between now and the season for Grigorenko to get stronger. His game is ready (offensively, anyway) and if he puts in the requisite work in the gym, I still think he makes it. How crazy would it be if they both made it (although in this scenario I'd expect Girgensons to start out in Rochester)?

had absolutely amazing seats. not sure if they opened it up later or what but I got up to the 200 level about 15 minutes before everyone else.

Foligno was a force physically and he has potential but I'd like to see more from him

Wise was getting good goals and working hard, would be nice to see him get a chance in Rochester. Same thing for Roy, he played well and seemed to work very hard.

Armia has skill but he seemed to float a lot. Has a good shot and good hands.

Girgensons goal was just beautiful. He seems to need another year or two but he showed flashes of high level skills

Grigorenko sees the ice well but he seemed hesitant to back check very hard. In the offensive zone he was making things happen and would take a hit to make a play so thats a good sign. He definitely has the potential to make this years roster but if he did not, I don't think we should panic or anything. He has skills, mad skills.

CoHo seemed solid but he didn't really show anything special. Defensively sound and can still make crazy accurate passes but he has some growing to do.

Cat Nasty was fast and showed good hands but he has a little more seasoning before he is NHL ready. Feisty kid though.

McNabb was good but he needs to move the puck faster and hes on the edge of NHL ready.

Other players of note would be Leduc was slick and Adam looked pretty good. Lieuwen was very solid and Knapp made some great saves, their flexibility and ability to cover the bottom of the net was impressive.

Archived