Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I've seen them at least three times over the years and they are consistently one of the best bands to see live.

Best band to see live though? Gogol Bordello. You don't listen to the music, you experience it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_XX52-Xdw

Yes. The Gogol Bounce. Been through it twice- nearly broke my ankle the first time. Be prepared to get bathed in sweat not your own and crowdsurf against your will. The people watching alone is worth admission price. Easily my favorite band to see live.

Glad I dragged you to one, eh D4rk?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've got an unexpected addition to our concert plans. A good friend called this evening to give me 4 tix to the Shinedown, Papa Roach show in Canandaigua tomorrow evening. It's a bit of a ride, especially after a day at work, but a free show with good bands is a pretty damned nice way to kick off the weekend.

Anyone here gonna be there? Can anyone tell me anything about this venue?

Going to the Matt good concert at Canalside on Aug 31. I'm from Erie, and am looking for a decent hotel within walking distance to the concert that doesn't cost over 200 dollars a night. Any suggestions??

Does this work? Should be Hyatt downtown. It's the only 3 1/2 star downtown.

http://www.priceline...xz40.hl1qdts0.1

I've seen a ton of concerts the last few years. The music has been mostly rock but all over the map. From Allman Bros, to Nugent, Slipknot to Iron Maiden, Santana to Seether, Last night may have been the best set of music I've experienced in years. Shinedown absolutely killed it in Canandaigua last night. I enjoy alot of what I've heard of their stuff on the radio, but I was not expecting to be wowed. Stage set was simply but creative. No over-reliance on pyro, lights or gimmicks. Just straight up play and entertain. Great musical set. And the band was simply on.

First time I've been to CMAC. What a terrific venue. Small enough to feel like an intimate venue, large enough to be big time. Built into a hill. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house, even on the lawn. And concessions were noticeably less expensive than Darien Lake PAC. Our seats were 8 rows from the stage on the right side. I was about 20 feet from the bank of speakers. My ears are totally fecked this morning. I guess keep that in mind if you are going there to see a band that plays it loud.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really plan on it, but my wife and I saw the Dead Milkmen on Saturday. They were playing a free concert to benefit Rally for Rock, which is a Philly organization to provide music education to kids. DM are one of those bands I like, but I never managed to see. As soon as they started playing, it was like I was transported 25 years into the past. Incredible.

https://www.facebook...42972512574744/

My house is just down the road (a mile or two) from where they went to high school. I have a whole new appreciation for their music, and understand what it would be like to be bored enough (as a kid) to drink bleach. :)

Edited by MattPie

I'm in for the geriatric tour. Bought tickets to see Alice Cooper in November. Wouldn't normally go in for this kind of concert but a good friend got tickets and asked if I'd go . You only live once. Used to love Alice as a teen.

Apparently he still rocks. Unlike poor Roger Daltrey.

• 4 weeks later...

On a last minute whim I caught Gaelic Storm last night at a club in Raleigh, and what a fantastic show they put on. If you are a fan of gaelic influenced rock music I highly recommend catching one of their shows, and even if you aren't a fan of this genre I still highly recommend going to see them as the fiddle player in her short dress is very easy on the eyes.

On a last minute whim I caught Gaelic Storm last night at a club in Raleigh, and what a fantastic show they put on. If you are a fan of gaelic influenced rock music I highly recommend catching one of their shows, and even if you aren't a fan of this genre I still highly recommend going to see them as the fiddle player in her short dress is very easy on the eyes.

Never seen them but you are right about the fiddle player.

post-2716-0-69984400-1379694847_thumb.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers tomorrow in Atlanta. Should be fun.

Red Hot Chili Peppers tomorrow in Atlanta. Should be fun.

...if they don't start a riot where the audience/mob/acid dropping putz's set the venue on fire like the last time i saw the chili peppers.

...but they were great up until that point!

...if they don't start a riot where the audience/mob/acid dropping putz's set the venue on fire like the last time i saw the chili peppers.

...but they were great up until that point!

Ummm I hope not... Also gonna see imagine dragons, weezer, Kendrick Lamar, the neighborhood and capital city. Music midtown, a whole day of concerts!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.