Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I'm pumped for the flogging molly/tragically hip reschedule next friday. Last friday was my first exposure to Gord in person and he was amazing.

Also, Grace Potter did not dissapoint, she's still a rocker/hippie chick at heart. I might go see her at the Town Ballroom in September.

Don't forget The Lowest Of The Low. I was coming to town to see the Low, now I get to see the Hip as well. Should be awesome.

Tonight it's Southern Culture On The Skids in downtown Raleigh. They are sure to play at least some of the following 'hits'.... so how could it be anything but a big party?

Put Your Teeth Up On The Windowsill

My House Has Wheels

Liquored Up and Lacquered Down

Cheap Motels

Chicken ###### Farmer

Dirt Track Date

and my personal favorite... The Fly That Rode From Buffalo

They closed the show with this one tonight. I've probably seen these guys in concert 25-30 times, but it's been probably five years since I saw them last. A better live straight rock band you will not find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAm0YQMEcEs

Don't forget The Lowest Of The Low. I was coming to town to see the Low, now I get to see the Hip as well. Should be awesome.

I don't know them as well, but I've heard they're really good live. I'm going to listen to some of their stuff over the next week here to get ready, same thing I did w/ the hip a few weeks ago(though I knew some of their stuff before hand).

I don't know them as well, but I've heard they're really good live. I'm going to listen to some of their stuff over the next week here to get ready, same thing I did w/ the hip a few weeks ago(though I knew some of their stuff before hand).

You really only need to familiarize yourself with Shakespeare My Butt as 90% of the songs they play will likely be from that incredible and nearly perfect album. They are only widely known from Toronto to Buffalo, and you couldn't find a WNY bar in the mid to late 90's that didn't have this CD in their jukebox.

an added bonus is that women in general absolutely LOVE this band. I personally benefited from this fact a few times back in the day.

Edited by Claude_Verret

You really only need to familiarize yourself with Shakespeare My Butt as 90% of the songs they play will likely be from that incredible and nearly perfect album. They are only widely known from Toronto to Buffalo, and you couldn't find a WNY bar in the mid to late 90's that didn't have this CD in their jukebox.

an added bonus is that women in general absolutely LOVE this band. I personally benefited from this fact a few times back in the day.

my benefitting to ladies loving a particular band is really limited to lady in particular at this point, but I'm still pretty ok with that, haha.

Got free tickets to the Under the Sun Tour. Two problems. It's probably going to be Under the Rain Concert and do I really want to drive 40 minutes to see Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, Smashmouth, Fastball and vertical horizon. Hmmmm....

I feel like I would ruin the innocence of my childhood if I went to that show and it sucked.

Apparently I'm going to the BNL concert in Raleigh tomorrow night. My wife claims that she told me weeks ago, but I don't remember and frankly I'm not all that enthused about it. I loved the Ladies in the early Gordon / Maybe You Should Drive days, but they jumped the shark with the commercial success of the Stunt album IMO and it's been downhill from there. Oh well our first date was a BNL concert at Shea's...so as they say happy wife, happy life...

This little stretch is going to be like my concert going days of my 20's. SCOTS, BNL, Ben Folds, The Hip, The Low and Flogging Molly within 8 days.

In town for the big concert tonight and its raining cats and dogs in Williamsville. Hopefully it's not another hip rain out tonight.

Now with the hail...wtf is this, NC?

Isolated T-storms all evening, but nothing like what we had a few weeks ago, haha. % precip is all about 20-30. Looks like most of the action will be to the north, though. Here's hopin' for the best.

How was BNL?

Edited by sabills

Isolated T-storms all evening, but nothing like what we had a few weeks ago, haha. % precip is all about 20-30. Looks like most of the action will be to the north, though. Here's hopin' for the best.

How was BNL?

My hopes were not high for BNL and they met expectations. I think they only played Brian Wilson and Yoko Ono from the early albums. They played a bunch of new stuff that I didn't know and their set as a headliner was only an hour. My wife was extremely disappointed.

Hope the forecast gives us some dry Hip.

Stumbling drunk Canadians galore...still the Hip rule.

And we got rained on in Lockport for the Jonny Lang concert. I don't know if it got called off. We left 2/3 of the way through the last opening act when the skies opened up.

And we got rained on in Lockport for the Jonny Lang concert. I don't know if it got called off. We left 2/3 of the way through the last opening act when the skies opened up.

We left right after the New Orleans is Sinking / Nautical Disaster medley to try to beat the traffic. Right as we got to my brothers truck the rain started coming down pretty good. Its a great venue, but if we hadn't left when we did I could see getting bogged down in traffic for awhile no doubt.

Hadn't seen Flogging Molly before and I really enjoyed their set. High energy.

I've seen them at least three times over the years and they are consistently one of the best bands to see live.

Best band to see live though? Gogol Bordello. You don't listen to the music, you experience it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_XX52-Xdw

I've seen them at least three times over the years and they are consistently one of the best bands to see live.

Best band to see live though? Gogol Bordello. You don't listen to the music, you experience it.

They're on my list of acts I really want to see. although I never get to concerts these days, so I may never get the chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.