Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Megadeath tonight. Some good old mid 80's thrash metal. Will be there with my son. Should be fun.

I had a chance to meet them when I came in this morning. They were pretty cool. Didn't really know who they were though lol. I work at louies. I'm the one in the bills hat.

Megadeth.

Have fun!

:doh:

Funny stuff at the show last night. Between the opening act and the main event the lady standing next to me elbowed me, pointed at the stage, and asked "is that a drug dog working on stage?". Sure enough, there was an LEO and a police dog sniffing out all of the equipment. We exchanged you gotta be kinding me's and I have never seen that before's. Then, the LEO and the dog began working the pit and the area around the front of the stage. Another round of you gotta be kidding me's and it hit me that I am with two 17 yr old boys, one of whom I don't know real well. I suppose this is as good a time as any to have another father - son conversation so I walked over to the boys and said, "you two see the dog sniffing the crowd, right? I don't want any surprises. If there is something I should be concerned about I need to know now so we can deal with it before that dog gets wind of it". Both boys said they had nothing and I returned with "if you do, you don't want that dog to find it". They said no and I was satisfied that they were being honest.

The lady next to me asked a security guard what was up and he said it was an explosives sniffing dog. he said that every tour in the United States now has an explosives sniffing dog assigned to the tour. Huh.

The dogs checked the stage, the pit, and under the stage. It's good to know that the band was protected, but the crowd wasn't. :P

Funny stuff at the show last night. Between the opening act and the main event the lady standing next to me elbowed me, pointed at the stage, and asked "is that a drug dog working on stage?". Sure enough, there was an LEO and a police dog sniffing out all of the equipment. We exchanged you gotta be kinding me's and I have never seen that before's. Then, the LEO and the dog began working the pit and the area around the front of the stage. Another round of you gotta be kidding me's and it hit me that I am with two 17 yr old boys, one of whom I don't know real well. I suppose this is as good a time as any to have another father - son conversation so I walked over to the boys and said, "you two see the dog sniffing the crowd, right? I don't want any surprises. If there is something I should be concerned about I need to know now so we can deal with it before that dog gets wind of it". Both boys said they had nothing and I returned with "if you do, you don't want that dog to find it". They said no and I was satisfied that they were being honest.

The lady next to me asked a security guard what was up and he said it was an explosives sniffing dog. he said that every tour in the United States now has an explosives sniffing dog assigned to the tour. Huh.

The dogs checked the stage, the pit, and under the stage. It's good to know that the band was protected, but the crowd wasn't. :P

Awesome. It's also good to know that they still don't care about pot.

:lol:

Nuts. Explosive sniffing? Aren't there supposed to be explosives on stage at a MegaDeth show?

Cool that you took your son and extra points that he was smart enough to smoke up before hand! :P I had that show penciled in, but we did the scrimmage instead. Phish was at CMAC last night too. Blah to all the "well there is nothing else to do" goofs, in response to 8.5k at the scrimmage.

they come every week and search most of the grounds.

Nuts. Explosive sniffing? Aren't there supposed to be explosives on stage at a MegaDeth show?

Cool that you took your son and extra points that he was smart enough to smoke up before hand! :P I had that show penciled in, but we did the scrimmage instead. Phish was at CMAC last night too. Blah to all the "well there is nothing else to do" goofs, in response to 8.5k at the scrimmage.

My son and I hit a bunch of concerts every Summer. We are looking forward to Darien Lake announcing their date for the Uproar Festival. Godsmack is the headliner.

And no pyrotechnics last night.

Edited by weave

My son and I hit a bunch of concerts every Summer. We are looking forward to Darien Lake announcing their date for the Uproar Festival. Godsmack is the headliner.

And no pyrotechnics last night.

I've seen Godsmack 4 times now, and unfortunately they get worse every time I see them. Sure I keep going, I like the band and they usually have good opening acts, I don't know, I'm rambling now....I just think they used to put on a better show.

• 8 months later...

Concert season is starting to shape up.  Lots of venues announcing their Summer lineups.  I'm in for 4 shows already.

I've got tickets to see Godsmack next month in Rochester,  The following week we're headed to Niagara Falls to see Mastodon and Clutch.  Going to see Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard with a friend from high school, Tesla being the prime attraction.  And the wife and I will be at CMAC to see Cheap Trick this Summer as well.

If Mayhem Festival at Darien Lake looks promising I'll add that one to the list.  Can't wait for the outdoor shows in downtown Buffalo to be announced.

Who is everyone looking forward to seeing this year?

I'm definitely in to seeing Godsmack again. I had no clue they were coming to Rochester. I saw them at Darien a few years ago at the Uproar Fest. Sully is an unbelievable all around musician. Btw, do you have any clue why the Uproar stopped coming to Darien Lake? I know it made a stop in Syracuse during the State Fair last year. Think it may be heading there again this year.

I'm definitely in to seeing Godsmack again. I had no clue they were coming to Rochester. I saw them at Darien a few years ago at the Uproar Fest. Sully is an unbelievable all around musician. Btw, do you have any clue why the Uproar stopped coming to Darien Lake? I know it made a stop in Syracuse during the State Fair last year. Think it may be heading there again this year.

No idea why it skipped Buffalo last year.  Godsmack headlined it last year and we waited all Summer for them to announce the Darien Lake date and it never happened.  I assumed there were date conflicts but I really don't know,

Edit:  Now that I think about it, was it Uproar or Mayhem that skipped Darien Lake?  One was there and the other passed.  Whichever one didn't happen was the one Godsmack headlined.

Edited by weave

No idea why it skipped Buffalo last year.  Godsmack headlined it last year and we waited all Summer for them to announce the Darien Lake date and it never happened.  I assumed there were date conflicts but I really don't know,

Edit:  Now that I think about it, was it Uproar or Mayhem that skipped Darien Lake?  One was there and the other passed.  Whichever one didn't happen was the one Godsmack headlined.

It was Uproar that skipped Darien Lake. I was waiting for an announcement as well, it was an awesome lineup. Mayhem did stop there. Avenged Sevenfold and Korn were the big two. I really wanted to get there for that one but couldn't make it. I hope they aren't skipping Darien to perform at the Fair instead. DLPAC is a much better venue for a big show like that.

Concert season is starting to shape up.  Lots of venues announcing their Summer lineups.  I'm in for 4 shows already.

I've got tickets to see Godsmack next month in Rochester,  The following week we're headed to Niagara Falls to see Mastodon and Clutch.  Going to see Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard with a friend from high school, Tesla being the prime attraction.  And the wife and I will be at CMAC to see Cheap Trick this Summer as well.

If Mayhem Festival at Darien Lake looks promising I'll add that one to the list.  Can't wait for the outdoor shows in downtown Buffalo to be announced.

Who is everyone looking forward to seeing this year?

Come early, drink whiskey with me.

First concert of the season coming up on the 25th at the Waiting Room in Buffalo. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band. One of the best live acts you'll ever see. 

http://www.waitingroombuffalo.com/event/765473-reverend-peytons-big-damn-buffalo/

Ugh now I'm in the rabbit hole of videos. Rev just shreds that dobro. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.