Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I've never seen it but heard of folks who have. A good freinds wife got pissed on during a Def Lepard concert on the lawn at Darien Lake awhile back.

That's rude as ######. Use a ###### portapotty in deference to all the sandal wearers in the crowd. Of course it would be rather helpful if the venues actually rented enough potties for the size of the crowds. That tends to be a problem at most venues with resonable beer prices.

Don't wear sandals to any type of concert, whether indoors or out.

Simple as that.

Saw Alice Cooper and Iron maiden last night. Great show. The old timers can still bring it and sound terrific doing it. I was "working" the show but it wasn't really work. The venue shares concession profits with not-for-profit organizations that provide volunteers for the concession stands. I was volunteering for a non profit last night and ended up selling beer out of wheel barrels in the lawn area. Nothing quite like diving into the raucous part of the crowd to do your sales. Had a great view of the stage and while the music is playing beer sales is kind of slow so I got to enjoy a great show for just a bit of work. and a not-for-profit benefited as well. Win-win.

Next up for me is Allman Bros and Santana this weekend. I'm a paying customer for that show though.

Saw Alice Cooper and Iron maiden last night. Great show. The old timers can still bring it and sound terrific doing it. I was "working" the show but it wasn't really work. The venue shares concession profits with not-for-profit organizations that provide volunteers for the concession stands. I was volunteering for a non profit last night and ended up selling beer out of wheel barrels in the lawn area. Nothing quite like diving into the raucous part of the crowd to do your sales. Had a great view of the stage and while the music is playing beer sales is kind of slow so I got to enjoy a great show for just a bit of work. and a not-for-profit benefited as well. Win-win.

Next up for me is Allman Bros and Santana this weekend. I'm a paying customer for that show though.

I was there, too. My highlights were "The Prisoner" & "Wasted Years". I also enjoyed Alice Cooper. The last song sung with a Sabres jersey on was a nice touch (him being from Detroit and all).

I was there, too. My highlights were "The Prisoner" & "Wasted Years". I also enjoyed Alice Cooper. The last song sung with a Sabres jersey on was a nice touch (him being from Detroit and all).

Alice still puts on a great show. Plenty of energy in the performances last night.

Oh, and if you bought beer in the lawn area from a vendor working out of a wheel barrel it may have been me.

Alice still puts on a great show. Plenty of energy in the performances last night.

Oh, and if you bought beer in the lawn area from a vendor working out of a wheel barrel it may have been me.

I like Alice & I have seen him several times in the past. I am never disappointed. This was my 3rd time for Maiden, but not since 20 years ago when I was in high school.

Only bought one beer & that was up front.

I like Alice & I have seen him several times in the past. I am never disappointed. This was my 3rd time for Maiden, but not since 20 years ago when I was in high school.

Only bought one beer & that was up front.

First time for both those bands for me. Maiden never was my first choice in music. Didn't mind listening to their stuff but didn't like them enough to pay for a ticket. Now that I've seen their show I can safely say I was missing out on something by choosing not to go in the 80's. They looked and sounded great and had a very entertaining stage show so I can only imagine that they'd have been terrific back in their prime.

Edited by weave

Not planing to attend one this year but I forgot to add that I would like to go to a Bon Jovi concert one day. I am usually more a hard rock/metal fan but I would like to see one of their shows as I think they can put up a great one.

Am I the only one who cringes a bit when bands come out with local sports gear on? Unless they're actually from the area it seems a bit patronizing. No judgment Cooper's part, plenty of acts do it, just not my favorite.

It doesn't bother me one way or another but I got a couple of good pictures and sent them home to my wife & daughter because I knew they would get a kick of it.

I'll be heading up to the DC area this Sunday to catch the Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead, and Slipknot show before heading up to Buffalo to catch the same show that next Wednesday. I'm stoked.

I've got box seats up front with VIP access for that show at Darien Lake. Should be a good time.

I've got box seats up front with VIP access for that show at Darien Lake. Should be a good time.

Sweet. We got the lawn tickets because they are way cheaper, plus I just can't see the point in sitting down for a metal show, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to smoke where the covered seating in, even in Viriginia as I've caught some shows in the Norfolk and VA Beach areas where that was the case in the past. I was glad I held off on tickets initially too. Originally you could get a 4 pack of lawn tickets for about 32 dollars a head but the price for both shows dropped to $68 for a 4 pack so we got tickets for $17 a head.

Edited by Drunkard

I'll be heading up to the DC area this Sunday to catch the Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead, and Slipknot show before heading up to Buffalo to catch the same show that next Wednesday. I'm stoked.

One of these bands is not like the other ones, one of these bands in not the same.

Sweet. We got the lawn tickets because they are way cheaper, plus I just can't see the point in sitting down for a metal show, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to smoke where the covered seating in, even in Viriginia as I've caught some shows in the Norfolk and VA Beach areas where that was the case in the past. I was glad I held off on tickets initially too. Originally you could get a 4 pack of lawn tickets for about 32 dollars a head but the price for both shows dropped to $68 for a 4 pack so we got tickets for $17 a head.

Well, my seats were free (to me) so if I'm not actually planting my ass in them I'm OK with it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Always nice to have connections. Enjoy the show, and if you get to meet Slipknot in person, tell'em their 3rd album was gayer than 8 guys blowing 9 guys.

So did you get to the Buffalo show?

Two days later and I am still blown away by the performance Slipknot put on.

I'm taking my best girl to see her patron saint, Cheryl Crow (sic? Is it Crowe?), at Ahht Pahhk in a couple weeks. I love the venue, love Lewiston. The artist? Meh. I reckon I'm making a deposit into the marital capital account. I trust there'll be plenty of beer available.

So did you get to the Buffalo show?

Two days later and I am still blown away by the performance Slipknot put on.

Oh yeah, man. We stayed up in WNY an extra day to do some stuff and enjoy the area, left yesterday afternoon and got back home around 3 am. Had a blast at the show despite missing Anthrax because we showed up late and for some reason I had it in my head that it started at 6:30 instead of 6:00. The show was great though, although I didn't get in the pit because I was still a little sore from letting my drunkenness get the best of me and getting in the pit during Slayer's set in DC. My girlfriend even joined in and did some moshing and some crowd surfing at the DC show as well so I can't complain about either show whatsoever. Good times.

It was definitely a drunken good time.