Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I just want to thank you for this. I had never heard of Steven Wilson before, but for the past 10 days, I've been on a very enjoyable SW/Porcupine Tree Pandora ride. :thumbsup:

Cool. Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson are criminally unsung artists. Wilson's next solo album "The Raven That Refused To Sing" is due out next week. Also, it probably showed up on the PT/SW Pandora channel, but if not check out Blackfield, another Wilson side project.

And if anyone actually pays attention to WGR's bumper music, I've heard them use this PT tune frequently.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Rush Clockwork Angels at PNC in Raleigh, May 3rd!

I'll be there!

sweet! This will be my 7th show for Rush!

This will be my sixth, but first time in almost nine years.

1991 Roll The Bones Buffalo

1994 Counterparts Buffalo

1996 Test For Echo Buffalo

2002 Vapor Trails Raleigh

2004 R30 Virginia Beach

It's been eleven years since Rush has been to Raleigh. I had tickets to the Time Machine tour in Greensboro, but Rush had to postpone the concert by one day which did not work for me.

Rush saved my ass with this announcement. My wife was going to make me go to an Olivia Newton John concert in Durham this month. So told her..I go to ONJ, then you go to Rush. Suddenly I'm no longer being pressured to see ONJ..amazing how that happens! I'm thinking about taking my eight year old to the Rush show, but he might not be ready for it yet, we'll see.

Rush dropped their second leg tour date announcements yesterday. Just got lawn seats to the July 31st show in SLC. Taking my 8 year old daughter. She's beyond stoked. I've been playing CA, VT, and HYF a ton lately. She's starting to sing along, knows the band members' names ... it's seriously a dream come true, raising another generation of Rush fans.

• 2 months later...

The Hold Steady and Hollerado show to kick off thursdays is great. I'll probably be at every one unless I'm out of town. I like the free shows on the weekends now, too. Might go see The Wailers, even if it is sans Marley.

Also going to Grace Potter/Tragically hip and Lowest of the Low/Flogging Molly out at the Outer Harbor.

Can we get this thread fired back up? Maybe even modify the title to reflect 2013?

Because I am funking FIRED UP to see these fellas at Canalside.

http://youtu.be/JV7doEGU380

Agree. THS will put on their usual great show. Hope they are still touring with the extra guitarist, really punches up the sound. Also hoping for some new material which is long overdue. Wifey and I return that morning from a 10 hour red eye originating in Alaska and we'll be there with bells on. Every year I have crossed my fingers that they would be booked for the square/canalside shows as they are just an absolute good time. Can't wait.

Love the Hold Steady, that will be a good one. I'll be in Buffalo from July 23-30 and miss The Hip and Lowest of the Low by a few days on either side. Very bummed by that bad luck.

I have tickets to see The Avett Brothers at Red Rocks. Saw them there last year and it was great, looking forward to going back.

The Hold Steady and Hollerado show to kick off thursdays is great. I'll probably be at every one unless I'm out of town. I like the free shows on the weekends now, too. Might go see The Wailers, even if it is sans Marley.

Also going to Grace Potter/Tragically hip and Lowest of the Low/Flogging Molly out at the Outer Harbor.

I'd heard the Hip and Potter show is sold out? Izzat true? I was all over seeing Grace Potter until their last album came out. Didn't like it at all. LOVED their earlier stuff. I'm torn about seeing them given the direction of their current stuff.

There are a few interesting shows that I see. Nowhere near as many as last Summer though.

Gov't Mule is a must see at Artpark for me. I'll make sure I get to Lockport to see Johnny Lang. Maybe see Theory of a Deadman and Puddle of Mudd at Lockport too. Maybe Joan Jett at Artpark too. I'd really like to see Blue Oyster Cult again but I don't care to see 38 Special with them.

Alice in Chains at the Uproar Festival at Darien Lake in August. Hmmmmm...........

Damn. All of those shows are on weekdays and are Loooooooong drives.

I'd heard the Hip and Potter show is sold out? Izzat true? I was all over seeing Grace Potter until their last album came out. Didn't like it at all. LOVED their earlier stuff. I'm torn about seeing them given the direction of their current stuff.

You go to see the Hip!!!

Only show on the schedule for me right now is Southern Culture on The Skids here in Raleigh in June. At each and every show they play it states in their rider "if we can't throw fried chicken, there will be no show". That alone is worth the price of admission.

I'm not sure, I bought my tickets pretty early. I wouldn't be surprised, but call the box office if it says its sold out online, whatever they use sucks, haha.

And I kinda agree, I really only discovered her a couple years ago, and I love her as an organist/guitarist/bitching blues singer, but they've been heading a little too far into the pop stuff for me. However, I saw her last year at the Harbor and it was a really good show regardless. She's got pipes that just won't quit.

I am glad to see this thread come back...

We took our daughter to Green Day in April; it was her first concert. She was a little apprehensive at first, but she knows all the songs and had a great time.

My buddy and I have tickets to see the Guns n Roses show at the Outer Harbor; plus have tickets for the Mayhem Festival as well as Kid Rock this summer at Darien.

rolling to artpark with a crew of urban hillbillies to see that show next weekend -- they're among the best things going.

Nice, they give you your monies worth too. Played near 30 songs at close to 2 1/2 hours. Brought their sister on stage to sing an old Southern spiritual and a shooting start went right overhead, great moment.

I haven't seen a show at Artpark since...gulp...Air Supply in the late 80's. I was in high school and my girl was a big fan. Awful show.

Nice, they give you your monies worth too. Played near 30 songs at close to 2 1/2 hours. Brought their sister on stage to sing an old Southern spiritual and a shooting start went right overhead, great moment.

I haven't seen a show at Artpark since...gulp...Air Supply in the late 80's. I was in high school and my girl was a big fan. Awful show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty nice score for me. Just got a call from a friend. Looks like I'm going to the Mayhem Festival on Sunday. Tix on the VIP deck right next to the main stage. Isn't going to cost me a cent.

Looking forward to seeing these guys.

I hate the circus. Pearl Jam just announced a fall tour on monday. They usually play multiple shows in Boston on each tour, but the damn circus has the arena booked. They have to go to Worcester instead. I've been told the acoustics are great in that building, but I just don't want to do it. My other option would be to head home to Buffalo on Columbus day weekend, which I would love, but I've got two weddings that day. So no Pearl Jam for me this year. I have to leave the show counter stuck at 5. Hopefully their announcement later today makes up for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.