Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Kind of upset I'm missing Rob Zombie at Darien Lake this weekend. But I'll be playing paintball instead so it's ok. Hoping he comes round again later in the year. Last concert was Gogol Bordello last year and I'm getting the itch again...

Kind of upset I'm missing Rob Zombie at Darien Lake this weekend. But I'll be playing paintball instead so it's ok. Hoping he comes round again later in the year. Last concert was Gogol Bordello last year and I'm getting the itch again...

That is the concert I am attending on Sunday. Mastadon is one of the opening acts.

The clubs in B-Lo have been booking some awesome shows recently. Here are 4 that I will be attending:

8/1 - Jason Isbell

8/26 - Titus Andronicus

11/3 - Drive By Truckers (w/ Old 97's opening)

11/23 - Frank Turner

Just posted one of Isbell's songs in the can't get out of your head thread. That show is the day before the Low concert I'm coming to town for...I might need to change my flight.

I forget that Dethklok is a real thing now.

I had no clue what to expect. It was Brendon Small and the rest of the guys who make the music in front of a big screen that was playing Metalocalypse videos/synced up animations. I was up against the rail and got the bass player's pick/covered in Small's sweat and beer. Was better than I thought it would be.

I had no clue what to expect. It was Brendon Small and the rest of the guys who make the music in front of a big screen that was playing Metalocalypse videos/synced up animations. I was up against the rail and got the bass player's pick/covered in Small's sweat and beer. Was better than I thought it would be.

Was that the show with Chimaira? That was like 4-5 years ago...

The clubs in B-Lo have been booking some awesome shows recently. Here are 4 that I will be attending:

8/1 - Jason Isbell

8/26 - Titus Andronicus

11/3 - Drive By Truckers (w/ Old 97's opening)

11/23 - Frank Turner

I saw Titus in a tiny club in Denver in the fall. It was really fun. They are coming back in September, think I may go again.

Hey Josie. the Rob Zombie show was a blast! Fantastic stage show. Mastadon was a bit of a disappointment. Their sound was off badly. I'm not sure what it was, the other bands all sounded great, but their set was echo-y. Didn't sound well at all.

I spent almost 10 hours at that show. Man was I beat when I got home. But it was a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight it's Southern Culture On The Skids in downtown Raleigh. They are sure to play at least some of the following 'hits'.... so how could it be anything but a big party?

Put Your Teeth Up On The Windowsill

My House Has Wheels

Liquored Up and Lacquered Down

Cheap Motels

Chicken ###### Farmer

Dirt Track Date

and my personal favorite... The Fly That Rode From Buffalo

The Fix at Canalside tonight.

Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

wait. the fixx didn't sing wang chung -- that was the song wang chung, by wang chung, off the album wang chung.

well, that's probably not true. but my siblings and i, in the early days of mtv, used to inventory the rare band/song/album trifecta. the only one i can recall: icehouse, by icehouse, off their album icehouse.

I'm pumped for the flogging molly/tragically hip reschedule next friday. Last friday was my first exposure to Gord in person and he was amazing.

Also, Grace Potter did not dissapoint, she's still a rocker/hippie chick at heart. I might go see her at the Town Ballroom in September.

I'm pumped for the flogging molly/tragically hip reschedule next friday. Last friday was my first exposure to Gord in person and he was amazing.

Also, Grace Potter did not dissapoint, she's still a rocker/hippie chick at heart. I might go see her at the Town Ballroom in September.

Flogging Molly and the Hip sound like a logistical nightmare crowd control wise. That's basically doubling the tickets that are available.