Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

First concert of the season coming up on the 25th at the Waiting Room in Buffalo. Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band. One of the best live acts you'll ever see. 

http://www.waitingroombuffalo.com/event/765473-reverend-peytons-big-damn-buffalo/

Ugh now I'm in the rabbit hole of videos. Rev just shreds that dobro. 

This, as well. But no video will do him justice, and just listening to the music doesn't do a lot. They're one of those acts you just absolutely have to see live to get.

Also, Kerfuffle this summer. Decent lineup, but the big draw will be Cake.

I was thinking about going to the All Good festival this summer.  Cake and Primus are the big draws for me, but I think I'm going to go to Firefly instead.  Paul McCartney, Sublime, Cage the Elephant, the Kooks, and Matt&Kim.

Saw Matt & Kim in Columbus Ohio once. They were absolutely wild. I didn't expect it. They opened for Spoon, and by the time Spoon came on, everyone was partied out and just wanted more Matt & Kim! So so so so so much energy. It was about 6 years ago, but it remains one of the most fun concerts I've been to.

Saw Matt & Kim in Columbus Ohio once. They were absolutely wild. I didn't expect it. They opened for Spoon, and by the time Spoon came on, everyone was partied out and just wanted more Matt & Kim! So so so so so much energy. It was about 6 years ago, but it remains one of the most fun concerts I've been to.

I don't even remember where I saw Matt & Kim.  Bonnaroo maybe?  'twas nuts.

This, as well. But no video will do him justice, and just listening to the music doesn't do a lot. They're one of those acts you just absolutely have to see live to get.

Also, Kerfuffle this summer. Decent lineup, but the big draw will be Cake.

Planning on going to kerfuffle as well. A nice day at canalside with some friends - sounds good to me. I like a few of the bands coming (Cake, Mowglis, New Politics) and the price point is nice. 

Reverend Peyton is the man. Great call out, Dark.

Sabills, you’re right that video doesn’t really do his talent justice, but here’s him describing and demonstrating what he’s actually doing. Not too shabby.

Been to Garth Brooks at FNC (was great) and Neil Diamond at FNC for the wife this year and surprisingly had a good time. Also have a Shania Twain concert coming up in London.

But the highlights for me this season is old geezer celebration. Back to back Saturdays with The Stones at the stadium and then The Eagles at FNC. That is a great seven day stretch.

I can't make it cause we're hosting a party the night before but continuing in the good for old geezers tours Bonnie Raitt at UB August 2nd will be a highlight show. Sold out in minutes and last time she was here ten years ago UB says was the best show they've ever hosted. I've seen some great shows there since then like Joe Cocker and Susan Tedeschi so that is some high praise.

Pretty sure the crowd won't be quite the same at the stadium for The Stones as it was last time I saw them there in 1981! Rules have changed. Then everyone was allowed to bring one gallon of the liquid of their choice.

In addition I think everyone that went also brought in a sheet of acid and an ounce of weed lol ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got tickets for the Grateful Dead in Chicago.. That my only concert planned. But I usually see a few shows in Seattle every year when they pop up

One of my favorites is Railroad Earth

Anyone ever see Widespread Panic live?

I have a nephew that wants to go. I need to know what I'd be in for. 

Panic is a pretty damn good band. They are a good throw back to 70''s rock and roll styles and do lots of improvisation. Its a pretty good party scene, but fans are pretty kind and pleasant

Edited by ddaryl

I've got tickets for the Grateful Dead in Chicago.. That my only concert planned. But I usually see a few shows in Seattle every year when they pop up

One of my favorites is Railroad Earth

Panic is a pretty damn good band. They are a good throw back to 70''s rock and roll styles and do lots of improvisation. Its a pretty good party scene, but fans are pretty kind and pleasant

I just might have to make that trip to Chicago for the Dead...just too hard to pass up with Trey

Interestingly, Matt & Kim are kicking off the Canalside Thursday concerts this year, and Spoon is a couple weeks later. 

Free Thursday lineup:

• June 4: Matt and Kim with Bearstronaut and Made Violent
  • June 11: Arkells with Robert DeLong and Milo Greene
  • June 18: Everclear with Fuel and American HiFi
  • June 25: Spoon with July Talk
  • July 2: The Sheepdogs with Yonder Mountain String Band
  • July 9: Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • July 16: The BPO “Buffalo’s All-Star Tribute to Stevie Wonder”
  • July 23: Bad Fish “A Tribute to Sublime” and Reel Big Fish
  • July 30: Iron and Wine with Ben Bridwell
  • August 6: Umphrey’s McGee and Aqueous
  • August 13: Get The Led Out “The American Led Zeppelin”
  • August 20: EnVogue

Good lineup this year. D4rk, I assume you're in for Bosstones and Reel Big Fish? haha

Interestingly, Matt & Kim are kicking off the Canalside Thursday concerts this year, and Spoon is a couple weeks later. 

Free Thursday lineup:

• June 4: Matt and Kim with Bearstronaut and Made Violent
  • June 11: Arkells with Robert DeLong and Milo Greene
  • June 18: Everclear with Fuel and American HiFi
  • June 25: Spoon with July Talk
  • July 2: The Sheepdogs with Yonder Mountain String Band
  • July 9: Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • July 16: The BPO “Buffalo’s All-Star Tribute to Stevie Wonder”
  • July 23: Bad Fish “A Tribute to Sublime” and Reel Big Fish
  • July 30: Iron and Wine with Ben Bridwell
  • August 6: Umphrey’s McGee and Aqueous
  • August 13: Get The Led Out “The American Led Zeppelin”
  • August 20: EnVogue

Good lineup this year. D4rk, I assume you're in for Bosstones and Reel Big Fish? haha

Man, y'all making me wish I could easily get to Buffalo on Thursdays. A lot of fun shows in that lineup. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time seeing Godsmack at the Main Street Armory in Rochester last night.  First time for me at that venue.  Acoustics aren't really all that good, but the size and layout of the venue makes it a great place to see a concert.  Parking wasn't as bad as i feared.  And it was the first time I've ever been frisked before entering a show.  The opening acts were so-so, but godsmack more than made up for it.  Had a great time.

Next week The Boy and I will be in Rapids Theater to see Clutch and Mastodon.  Looking forward to that one!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.