NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Anyone else watching CBC in regular definition rather than NBCS in hi-def just because of the PBP & commentary? Because I am.

Nope, I really can't watch regular anymore, it's almost like watching a black and white movie to me. Maybe that sounds low brow, but I'm a very visual person. Just can't do it when I have a choice.

I'm thinking the rags are playing like the bruins of the 2011 playoffs by design. Hell, why not ? It worked for the B's to play with a chip on their shoulder. The Sens are making a fight of it but I'm thinking over 7 if it goes that long they'll be hurting.

I'm thinking the rags are playing like the bruins of the 2011 playoffs by design. Hell, why not ? It worked for the B's to play with a chip on their shoulder. The Sens are making a fight of it but I'm thinking over 7 if it goes that long they'll be hurting.

I don't think the Sens can hang in over 7 games either, but they did give the Rangers fits in the regular season and I would no longer be surprised to see it go 7. Hagelin might get suspended too, and he's been real good for the Rangers...although that's balanced out by Alfredsson possibly being out with a concussion. Reading Ranger forums is pretty amusing though....fire Tortorella! They're just going to choke! Season over!

Hmmm Christ Stewart scratched tonight for the Blues. The past couple years he looked like he was on his way to becoming a real good 55ish point power forward, then this season he fell off the world with 30 points in 79 games. Maybe he doesn't fit Hitchcock's system well? He's an RFA...could be a decent buy low option to upgrade Vanek's RW if Brown is off the market.

want.

I don't understand the logic of the "white out" in Phoenix with all/most fans wearing white (obviously a carry-over from the Winnipeg roots of the franchise) yet the Coyotes are wearing all red uniforms and the Hawks are wearing white. It kind of looks like the fans are supporting the road team...

I hear ya. Heck my wife even said the same thing!

My question is, what do you call the fans wearing yellow in Nashville? I call it the piss out, or the sea of piss.

Goal by Kevin Klein... he NEVER scores. 2-0 Preds!

I hear ya. Heck my wife even said the same thing!

My question is, what do you call the fans wearing yellow in Nashville? I call it the piss out, or the sea of piss.

The team decided that they wanted a unique uniform that really stood out... so they went with the mustard colored home jerseys this year and give out those yellow t-shirts at each playoff game. I like it better than the white out, but "sea of piss" is probably accurate!

You guys really need to be more positive about the "sea of piss"....why can't it be the bowl of beer?

And watching Kyle Quincey play thus far in the playoffs, I can't help but wonder if Leopold would have been a better addition for Detroit. In fact, I'm pretty positive Leopold would have been better.

Hasn't Kaleta fought enough to not warrant these types of comments anymore?

Maybe if you are a mongoloid

Oh, OK. I see how it's gonna be. Get back to that Family Section and your brie and soda crackers, then, Chet. Leave the front row seats to the real fans.

Archived