NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Dustin Brown is quickly climbing my list of favorite players.

The Flyers are up 2-0, I hope the series goes the full 7 games.

The Devils came out swinging against the Panthers than sat on the lead for two periods. They were lucky to get away with sitting on the lead.

Looking forward to today's games.

I'm guessing whatever willingness LA had to deal Dustin Brown this coming offseason has all but evaporated, eh?

Well, they might need to make some room for Quick's contract (pretty sure he'll be a FA next year). I imagine he'll get a pretty nice contract. So, maybe a slight chance he'll be available.

Unfortunately. Although if there really is serious clashes with Richards, they may still move him...... at what is now an elevated price tag.

As much as I'm enjoying that series, and particularly Brown, I really wish the Kings missed out on the 8th spot. Here's to hoping the Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter trade was a sign of irreparable damage, in favor of a future Mike Richards captaincy.

Well, they might need to make some room for Quick's contract (pretty sure he'll be a FA next year). I imagine he'll get a pretty nice contract. So, maybe a slight chance he'll be available.

Brown has two years left at a super friendly cap hit of $3.5mil--- but the point about Quick is a good one. They will have $10,000,000 in cap space next year with 20 players signed. I assume they won't be re-signing either Jarrett Stoll or Dustin Penner. They have some flexibility but will need to make tough choices.

To me, this Boston/Washington series looks like two mediocre teams fighting it out. I don't see either one getting past the next round.

Agreed. Boston sucked in October, was stupidly great for November and December, and then played .500 hockey from January through April. Maybe they were never as good as most thought? And I don't think anybody is particularly surprised that Washington looks mediocre.

although, that happening to a bruin, inflicted by their own fans is hilarious in a sick and twisted way. :angel:

Might have been the happiest I've been in a while watching something sports related in a while. Nothing is more stupid than the apes at hockey games banging on the glass. What's the point? Are these super fans trying to distract players so they can feel like they made a difference in the game. The NHL should never have allowed this stupid behavior. Maybe this incident will make them think twice about it.

Might have been the happiest I've been in a while watching something sports related in a while. Nothing is more stupid than the apes at hockey games banging on the glass. What's the point? Are these super fans trying to distract players so they can feel like they made a difference in the game. The NHL should never have allowed this stupid behavior. Maybe this incident will make them think twice about it.

wow

I hate how this Rangers vs Senators game was scheduled to air at 7:00. Meanwhile, there have been 3 commercials breaks before the puck dropped.

And when it finally begins, it becomes an instant turd-fest. I don't know whether to insult Carkner for cold-cocking Boyle, or laugh at Boyle for turtling like a giant Kaleta.

This incident should make them very happy that the glass didn't come loose with a hard check and send the players onto the first row of fans, seriously injuring them. Banging on the glass is fun.

What was this "bench incident" that caused a delay in the St. Louis game? I flipped the channel and there's equipment guys carrying a players bench. lol

If there's an equipment malfunction on the bench in St. Louis I'm hoping it doesn't mean Ken Hitchcock accidentally "slipped a nip".

The NHL completely forgets about the 3rd man in rule, until now? Are you serious? Of all the opportunities to call a 3rd man in penalty they decide to use it when Boyle was getting pummeled and wanted no part of the fight while the ref sat there and watched as Carkner was taking kidney shots at Boyle while he was on the ice? This league lacks consistency in a big way. If you're not going to use it at all during the regular season, why the hell would you use it when Carkner pulled that stunt? Are the Rangers supposed to sit back and watch?

Hmmm Christ Stewart scratched tonight for the Blues. The past couple years he looked like he was on his way to becoming a real good 55ish point power forward, then this season he fell off the world with 30 points in 79 games. Maybe he doesn't fit Hitchcock's system well? He's an RFA...could be a decent buy low option to upgrade Vanek's RW if Brown is off the market.

And when it finally begins, it becomes an instant turd-fest. I don't know whether to insult Carkner for cold-cocking Boyle, or laugh at Boyle for turtling like a giant Kaleta.

Hasn't Kaleta fought enough to not warrant these types of comments anymore?

Banging on the glass is fun.

Maybe if you are a mongoloid

Archived