NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

I'm a 40 year old man. I don't need to act like I'm 4 years old to have fun.

I see now. The crazies embarrass you, don't they? They shout at the ref and scream at the players, bang on the glass and make faces at the other team as they skate by, and you tuck your head into your turtleneck and admonish them under your breath to your pretty wife, busy cleaning nacho cheese off her hands with a wet-nap. Home ice advantage is created by the fans acting like crazy adolescents. With an arena full of people who feel they're above acting silly, home ice advantage is a nonentity.

No goal. Oh well. Datsyuk goal was NICE!

As for yesterday. If you havent seen the video of Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes taking an elbow to the head then I highly suggest it. Was ugly. Playoffs are extremely violent this year... seems to me if the Sabres we're playing we'd have a mostly injured lineup already... we're not build to handle these types of games.

As for yesterday. If you havent seen the video of Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes taking an elbow to the head then I highly suggest it. Was ugly. Playoffs are extremely violent this year... seems to me if the Sabres we're playing we'd have a mostly injured lineup already... we're not build to handle these types of games.

NHL officiating is obviously out of its element now. They're basically begging teams to just come off their benches and bash the other guys over the skulls with clubs. Face it, NOBODY is built to take flying elbows to the head. Imagine if this kinda crap happened when helmets were optional.

No team is built to handle a bunch of flying elbows to the head, or sucker punches, or hits from behind. To me, a lot of these games haven't been about physicality, it's about which team can out-goon the other. It's embarrassing, and the NHL is fully responsible since it continues to rely on half-assed "discipline" enforcement.

NHL officiating is obviously out of its element now. They're basically begging teams to just come off their benches and bash the other guys over the skulls with clubs. Face it, NOBODY is built to take flying elbows to the head. Imagine if this kinda crap happened when helmets were optional.

Exactly.

No team is built to handle a bunch of flying elbows to the head, or sucker punches, or hits from behind. To me, a lot of these games haven't been about physicality, it's about which team can out-goon the other. It's embarrassing, and the NHL is fully responsible since it continues to rely on half-assed "discipline" enforcement.

Exactly.

Are you my long lost twin? :lol:

I see now. The crazies embarrass you, don't they? They shout at the ref and scream at the players, bang on the glass and make faces at the other team as they skate by, and you tuck your head into your turtleneck and admonish

them under your breath to your pretty wife, busy

cleaning nacho cheese off her hands with a

wet-nap. Home ice advantage is created by the

fans acting like crazy adolescents. With an

arena full of people who feel they're above

acting silly, home ice advantage is a nonentity.

The only thing I care about is my ability to watch the game. Cheer, scream, stand, jump up and down. Just down do stupid ######...like banging on the glass.

The only thing I care about is my ability to watch the game. Cheer, scream, stand, jump up and down. Just don't do stupid ######...like banging on the glass.

I'm having trouble with that logic. You're saying that all of those other things don't occasionally impede your view of the ice, but banging on the glass somehow hinders your ability to see the game? Is it because you close your eyes in fear that the glass will somehow come detached and hit players on the noggin? Preposterous!! :P

The crew in this Filly-Pitt game is getting something right by punishing the aggressors and not the retaliators, IMO. If that was done every game, there would be a lot less nonsense.

EDIT: How many goals has Danny Briere scored from that precise spot in his career? 30? 40? He owns that shot.

I can't believe that the Pens are this undisciplined. LaViolette has his team in their heads like Ruff did to the Flyers in 2006. Bylsma has a lot of work to do to settle his team down--and should have done it before this game.

Oh, and does MIlbury get to retract his apology now?

So much for that train of thought. WTF was Asham thinking with that response to a legal hit? Another Pen to the dressing room.

You called it Eleven. Undisciplined play. Pens are going nowhere with that sort of play.

WTF did Schenn get a penalty for? Looked like a clean hit to me.

So much for that train of thought. WTF was Asham thinking with that response to a legal hit? Another Pen to the dressing room.

You called it Eleven. Undisciplined play. Pens are going nowhere with that sort of play.

WTF did Schenn get a penalty for? Looked like a clean hit to me.

Agreed on Schenn. I think the ref just wanted to give a little something to both sides to try--again--to calm things down.

Archived