NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Goose beats Datsyuk on two offensive zone up by one and then gets in a shoving match with Holmstrom after he bumped Rinne in the final 22 seconds. Combine that with him scoring the 1st goal in the game and I'd say Nashville doesn't mind losing that 1st round pick.

Weber should get suspended for trying to crack Zetterberg's head open on the glass. Completely uncalled for.

Let's go Kings!

Quick gets beat when he gets tripped up outside the crease. Welcome to the playoffs Johnny.

Absolutely has to be a suspension coming for Weber, that was ridiculous.

Kesler sprays Quick and gets called for Unsportsmanlike. About damn time the refs remembered that was a penalty!

Strange though you see that every other game yet they wait until the playoffs to finally call it.

Wow. Nashvilles fans are wound up. They will not sit down. I'm impressed.

Nashville fans are well coordinated. Just heard a "Howard! Howard! Howard! You Suck! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!"

What is this, a college game?

Been a crazy crowd down here in Nashville for years. The chants have been around for years as well. The best tradition in Nashville is something you won't see unless you're in the building. Once a game, every game, there is a standing ovation throughout the entirety of one (occasionally more) of the TV timeouts. I've never seen it anywhere. It really fires up the team. Honestly, the crowds in Nashville put Buffalo crowds to shame in terms of energy and enthusiasm... and it pains me to admit that, but it is true.

...I was at the game tonight and will be there on Friday! Nothing like playoff hockey!

Been a crazy crowd down here in Nashville for years. The chants have been around for years as well. The best tradition in Nashville is something you won't see unless you're in the building. Once a game, every game, there is a standing ovation throughout the entirety of one (occasionally more) of the TV timeouts. I've never seen it anywhere. It really fires up the team. Honestly, the crowds in Nashville put Buffalo crowds to shame in terms of energy and enthusiasm... and it pains me to admit that, but it is true.

...I was at the game tonight and will be there on Friday! Nothing like playoff hockey!

Nice, sounds like a good time. Although the Philly / Pitt series is the talk of the NHL, this has the makings of a fun series as well.

Well shoot, I had no idea. Guess I'll have to get to a Preds game one of these days!

Any idea how all those cheers and traditions got started? It must have come organically from the fans.

Strange though you see that every other game yet they wait until the playoffs to finally call it.

It was pretty obvious that he was trying to spray Quick though.

Lot of penalties getting called in these first few games that we didn't see all season. What are the refs going to do when Boston is playing?

Byron Bitz should be suspended for that hit to the head. I don't think the 5min major is nearly enough.

Yeah, he mashed his head into the glass there pretty good. At least it cost Vancouver a goal!

Forslund calling the Canucks-Kings game? Come on, man. NBC needs some better broadcast personalities.

This.

Weber should get suspended for trying to crack Zetterberg's head open on the glass. Completely uncalled for.

Let's go Kings!

Quick gets beat when he gets tripped up outside the crease. Welcome to the playoffs Johnny.

Bull-ony. Zetterberg was just begging for a call he never got hit. No suspension.

Richards charged Burrows near the end of the third period in the Van-LA game. No call, but he might get some attention from Shanny. All in all a pretty lame effort by the Canucks. On that second goal they were really dominating play, and I thought they were going to take charge of the game, but the second intermission stymied their momentum.

Canucks lose. Refs call snow showering penalty on Vancouver and then they take 2 over the glass penalties. Seriously, snow showering is a penalty? This is the friggin playoffs! It's hockey!

Terrible officiating both ways but the Kings deserved the win. The players had no clue what to expect. This series is a trap for Vancity and I wouldn't be shocked if LA upsets the Canucks.

Mike Richards is an arshole and gets away with murder. He purposely speared luongo in a scrum and got nothing. He speared him in the neck. He's a good player but gets off all the time. He slew footed Burrows at the end and nothing.

Archived