NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

My god. I don't even want to imagine how the Sabres would look in this series against Philly. I'd be embarrassed to be a Pens fan right now. That Flyers team if they are kept together will have a solid core of difference makers for years to come. Built for the playoffs. One can only dream.

Holy ######. I just got done watching the Philly - Pitts game from my DVR ... WTF was that mess?

I don't even know where to begin. Asham punching Schenn in the back of the head when he's down on the ice after a beautiful check was cringe-worthy. Watching Adams punch Hartnell in the back of the head while Hartnell's being held by Crosby = cringe-worthy. Adams performing a hairpull mid-fight = cringe-worthy. Man that was tough to watch.

I feel a little dirty rooting for the Flyers though.

Finally, you two can defend Crosby all you want. I don't care if he makes Miller his bitch or whatever (I wasn't even watching hockey back in the Olympics so that's not my hater-reason) but Crosby is a punk. If he had been putting up some good numbers this game I would be fine with this "gamesmanship" I guess, but he and Malkin are almost invisible aside from Crosby being a bitch in all these little scrums.

See what I mean? You don't even have to say anything nice about the guy and they come after you! :lol: Oh and Hartnell had Adams in a choke hold trying to push his head into the dasherboards. I wish Adams had ripped a good chunk of those ugly locks right out of the goon's head. Asham, yeah, that was a mugging. He deserves 5 games at least for that. Nice uppercut by Crosby on Giroux, though, no? :w00t:

They should make a rule that says "no matter who wins the Fla-NJD series, both of these teams are automatically eliminated and can't play in the 2nd round because they have sucky fanbases and are crappy franchises."

lol yeh, it's the only series I'm not even watching right now.

See what I mean? You don't even have to say anything nice about the guy and they come after you! :lol: Oh and Hartnell had Adams in a choke hold trying to push his head into the dasherboards. I wish Adams had ripped a good chunk of those ugly locks right out of the goon's head. Asham, yeah, that was a mugging. He deserves 5 games at least for that. Nice uppercut by Crosby on Giroux, though, no? :w00t:

Sadly, the hairpulling was the only thing ball-washing McGuirre saw (or at least commented on).

I'm not very big on machismo but hair-pulling reeks of cowardliness to me ... even if it is the easiest target on a person. It's not who is involved to me. It just looked like Pittsburgh in general sunk very low in that game.

Interesting attitudes. :bag: (on the FLA/NJ series and fanbases, I mean)

I'm not very big on machismo but hair-pulling reeks of cowardliness to me ... even if it is the easiest target on a person. It's not who is involved to me. It just looked like Pittsburgh in general sunk very low in that game.

Neal and Asham, yeah. But the rest of them have just been defending each other, and just being generally frustrated at their defense and goalies, who obviously had their brains sucked out and replaced by rice pudding. How I see it, anyways.

Interesting attitudes. :bag: (on the FLA/NJ series and fanbases, I mean)

Neal and Asham, yeah. But the rest of them have just been defending each other, and just being generally frustrated at their defense and goalies, who obviously had their brains sucked out and replaced by rice pudding. How I see it, anyways.

Got a good chuckle out of that. Sums up the goalie performances rather succinctly.

I got a chcukle out of this.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

PIT's Craig Adams assessed instigator final 5 mins of PIT-PHI. That's auto 1 game suspension for him and $10K fine for Bylsma...UNLESS...

...NHL Hockey Ops chooses to rescind the instigator if NHL doesn't feel it was violation of spirit of anti-message-sending intent of rule.

He grabbed his shoulder pads at the same time to get leverage and grabbed hair at the same time, which is hard to miss on that ass clown.

He grabbed his shoulder pads at the same time to get leverage and grabbed hair at the same time, which is hard to miss on that ass clown.

That's the way I saw it. It didn't look intentional to me - seemed like he let go pretty quick.

They should make a rule that says "no matter who wins the Fla-NJD series, both of these teams are automatically eliminated and can't play in the 2nd round because they have sucky fanbases and are crappy franchises."

That's nice...............

I got a chcukle out of this.

PIT's Craig Adams assessed instigator final 5 mins of PIT-PHI. That's auto 1 game suspension for him and $10K fine for Bylsma...UNLESS...

...NHL Hockey Ops chooses to rescind the instigator if NHL doesn't feel it was violation of spirit of anti-message-sending intent of rule.

Wanna put a buck on it? Because I don't.

Back to hockey: I can't believe that Florida went into "Alamo mode" with nearly 17 minutes left. Luckily, a couple of TV timeouts got them some time with the coach, who very obviously instructed them to press for a fourth goal.

If they had kept it up the way they did right after the 2d Jersey goal, it was a definite loss. Theo isn't withstanding that kind of pressure.

Hagelin gets 3 games for the Rags. Carkner gets 1 game for the Sens.

Can;t imagine what the fallout from Pitt-Philly is gonna look like.

Like the Rags, I really don't understand the logic there - not at all. (I know I am assuming a lot, looking for logic with the NHL, but...) Three games for the elbow, but one game for Carkner jumping and pummeling a player who never got his gloves off or fought back? Really?

I'll give Buffalo (as a community) this: there is a Sabres blog on the Buffalo News site, and it is updated after every game, win or lose. There is NOTHING on either of two Pittsburgh newspaper sites (yes, for some reason, Pittsburgh still has two when much larger cities are down to one) about today's game. Vogl/Harrington would have had something up about a press conference, or at least about the game. The Pits have nothing, at least as far as I can see.

I understand that we're the best pro hockey community in the US, but come on, something out of Pit?

(Edited to add the word "pro.")

Second edit: yeah, they both have links to AP stories. Not the same thing.

Like the Rags, I really don't understand the logic there - not at all. (I know I am assuming a lot, looking for logic with the NHL, but...) Three games for the elbow, but one game for Carkner jumping and pummeling a player who never got his gloves off or fought back? Really?

It's simple: Alfredsson was injured, Boyle was not.

Yes, that's retarded, and injury should have nothing to do with punishment...punish the act, not the result! But that's what matters to the NHL, so it is what it is.

Archived