GDT: Buffalo at Toronto (3/31/2012, 7:05PM)

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Never took "Aderol" in my life. And you really have no idea who you're talking to. One should probably take a look at my Twitter feed to see just how passionate I am about the teams I root for. Or the hole thats in my wall that came from when I punched it after the Texans lost to the Jets in 2010 in mind-numbing fashion.

Look, you don't know me and that's cool, but because I'm not going crazy on a board that I'm still learning the ropes and becoming more comfortable on does not mean I'm some zombie fan.

You are right, I don't know you. But don't sit there and accuse fans of being bipolar when many of us have consistently criticized the Sabres for inconsistent play. They are close to being in the playoffs, but they should be comfortably in given their talent level. Still Roy is a problem and the fact that they still do not have a number 1 center. Leino is underperforming and only recenlty has Stafford been hustling. So if you hear a large dose of skeptism in this crowd that is the reason. Bipolar it isn't.

30 minute of regulation played against the Leafs and no goals yet for Buffalo? c'mon, guys, let's go!

Hey, they heard me! The Stafford line came through - great work by the big three - Stafford, Ennis and Foligno

I think I lost a lot last night after the loss. The outcome of the season just seems like it is going to turn into something a lot different than what I thought before that Washington Boston game. Something just feels VERY off.......

OK, a LITTLE different now....

They are close to being in the playoffs, but they should be comfortably in given their talent level. Still Roy is a problem and the fact that they still do not have a number 1 center. Leino is underperforming and only recenlty has Stafford been hustling.

I agree.

He's better than Kassian.

Totally agree and I think Hodgson has played some very sound hockey. People around here continually forget that Cody Hodgson is a ROOKIE. He looks pretty damn good for a rookie. Personally I look at this way, would you rather have Tim "don't hurt me" Connolly or Cody "must keep working" Hodgson? I'll take CoHo

Tyler Ennis is magic.

You are right, I don't know you. But don't sit there and accuse fans of being bipolar when many of us have consistently criticized the Sabres for inconsistent play. They are close to being in the playoffs, but they should be comfortably in given their talent level. Still Roy is a problem and the fact that they still do not have a number 1 center. Leino is underperforming and only recenlty has Stafford been hustling. So if you hear a large dose of skeptism in this crowd that is the reason. Bipolar it isn't.

FTR, I was the one who brought bipolar into the discussion, and might be a poor choice of words (somewhat) but it has been bandied about in the past by others about how the GDT is basically an emotional roller-coaster ride.

I think Hodgson has some jump tonight and has had some great chances. He's thisclose to getting one tonight.

Yeah, he is playing hard. The Leafs announcers mentioned he is playing at home and bought a ton of tickets to the game tonight... so maybe a bit of extra motivation for him...

Not to use an injury excuse because I think we should beat the Leafs either way, but we have no transition game without the Hoff and Myers on the back-end.

I think the word "excuse" should not be used here. Whenever people want to talk about injuries, they should refer to them as a "weakness".

It's apparent that the Sabres are a much weaker team when certain regulars are out of the line-up.

Now, to put on my Dr. Jekyll hat, I'm glad to see a goal. I hope they turn it on and win this game. Otherwise, all of that effort these past several weeks will have been for nothing. I mean, really? They want to sit back against the Leafs and blow their shot at the playoffs?

Archived