GDT: Buffalo at Toronto (3/31/2012, 7:05PM)

Ghost of Dwight Drane

And these whole sale changes when the Sabres have possession going into the other teams zone. One at a time at least get another guy in to support. Kaleta does it all the time, but it happens way to often and then the Sabres lose puck control. A turnover in my book that is not related to hustle but just stupity.

If someone goes on and on and on and on about how the team sucks and this and that and whatever, to the point of being a broken record, then they absolutely shouldn't just hop back on when its convenient for them. Unless, of course, said person doesn't have a shred of integrity whatsoever, in which case it's okay I guess.

Look. You're free to post what you want. But its open to criticism. I think hopping on and off at someone's convenience based on team's success at the moment is a sign of extremely fickle behavior. No you don't have to be a blind homer or anything, I'm far from that but good Lord, just sit back and watch the damn game and stop re-assessing feelings after every single action.

Some people went from "omg, world beaters!" after we rocked Washington to "fire everyone, get rid of everyone" after 1 period here in Toronto.

Agree completely but you know it will never happen around here. 90% of the board is bipolar during the GDT.

I don't get to see many games but I don't recall ever seeing us do that. Nor Detroit, for that matter.

The sabres have tried this quite a bit this year, usually it hasnt faired too well, which is why Im shocked to see them still attempt it

Detroit is known for this drop pass, I believe they started and perfected it; I only see a few wings games per year, but I typically see this from datsyuk, lindstrom, etc and they typically look much faster and smoother

Or what? You wont give them any green pluses?

Or nothing. They can do whatever they want but they're hypocrites and lack integrity if they do so. Sick of fair-weather, fickle BS from fans of teams I root for.

Don't be pessimistic, don't be optimistic, be REALISTIC. We have a good shot to work our way into the playoffs. We're not the worst team in the world. We're not the best team in the world. Let's just deal with it and watch what happens.

The sabres have tried this quite a bit this year, usually it hasnt faired too well, which is why Im shocked to see them still attempt it

Detroit is known for this drop pass, I believe they started and perfected it; I only see a few wings games per year, but I typically see this from datsyuk, lindstrom, etc and they typically look much faster and smoother

I've seen Detroit do drop passes but not with the other four guys standing completely still and the puckhandler just leaving the puck dead on the ice like the Sabres did on that one. If Lindy drew that up for tonight, someone needs to smack him in his head and tell him IT'S NOT WORKING. Guys standing around is never a good thing.

Or nothing. They can do whatever they want but they're hypocrites and lack integrity if they do so. Sick of fair-weather, fickle BS from fans of teams I root for.

Don't be pessimistic, don't be optimistic, be REALISTIC. We have a good shot to work our way into the playoffs. We're not the worst team in the world. We're not the best team in the world. Let's just deal with it and watch what happens.

That my friends is "fan apathy."

Agree completely but you know it will never happen around here. 90% of the board is bipolar during the GDT.

How about you people who can't distinguish between game-time reactions and long-term fan-dom quit trying to force people to behave and react the way you want them to, and simply accept people the way they are.

If game-time criticism bothers you then perhaps you shouldn't open game-time threads, and, instead, wait to post your thoughts after the game and spare the rest of us the unnecessary reprimands.

I've seen Detroit do drop passes but not with the other four guys standing completely still and the puckhandler just leaving the puck dead on the ice like the Sabres did on that one. If Lindy drew that up for tonight, someone needs to smack him in his head and tell him IT'S NOT WORKING. Guys standing around is never a good thing.

Well yeah, thats what the Sabs are TRYING to do lol; but clearly it hasnt worked most of the season; Id be OK with smacking Ruff, for that among other things; however, im not the biggest Ruff supporter here....

40 minutes to despair, shape up or start golfing

Do you want people not to post then? What exactly should we talk about in the game thread?

Roy when the net is open hit the net.

Looking like we're gonna make Scrivens look like a modern day George Vezina.

Roy sucks!

watching derek roy play is pretty much exactly like a wart

it's not nice to look at.

and the best thing you can do is just get it removed.

Archived