GDT: Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2/16/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

10 Points out and can't watch the game anyway. I've said it for the Bills a number of years but I NEVER thought I would say it for the Sabres - I hope they lose as many games as possible from here on out. I have 8 sets of tickets left so if anybody has any games they want to buy for face value or less, I am happy to sell (except for this Tuesday as that is the one game my 5 year old is going to). What a crappy year this turned out to be. I hope the Sabres don't turn out to be the Redskins of the NHL......

Goals for rest of the season in my book:

Lose

Darcy gone - let new GM decide on Lindy

Roy, Stafford and Gaustad gone

MSG back on air by next October

Roy, Pommers and Leino made up the #1 line in practice, that's fine with me, as long as you get Vanek away from Roy. I would rather see the #1 line be Ennis, Pommers and Vanek, then put Roy between Stafford and Leino, but what I like and what Lindy does usually don't coincide.

I expect to see Enroth in one of these next 2 games, do you play him tonight at Philadelphia or start him at home vs the Habs tomorrow night ? I think it will be Miller in the nets tonight.

I'd play Enroth.. Philly has owned Miller this year.. especially in the top right corner.

Haven't decided if I am stupid enough to turn the game on tonight. I was done with them after the NJ game..

I think every team has owned Miller when going top right.

A game tonight meh, can't say I have ever been as nonplused about them playing and me watching as I feel right now. Just the thought of seeing Lindy behind the bench when the camera pans his dumbfounded looks is more than enough to keep me away.

Will likely start watching and see how they come out tonight but more than likely will watch one of the more entertaining hockey games going on tonight on CI and occasionally peek in to see how their doing with the scoreguide. If it's not a total blowout at any point I will switch back to see how they or more importantly who is really playing tonight.

Interesting thing this CI package when you can switch back and forth between high energy well played hockey to what the sabres are doing you really get too see just how bad they often are. I just do not get how this current front office and or owner can't see that as clearly.

Like always, I'll have the game on the tube. Whether I pay any attention to it or not will be very dependent on the effort I see.

How bad has it gotten that games against Philly (of all teams) are games that people debate whether they are going to watch or not?

Like always, I'll have the game on the tube. Whether I pay any attention to it or not will be very dependent on the effort I see.

How bad has it gotten that games against Philly (of all teams) are games that people debate whether they are going to watch or not?

I was thinking the same exact thing.. then realized I had to log in to respond.. really? It must be bad all the way around... just sayin

For better or worse I'll have it on. However I have learned to be intelligent about these things--I am strategically leaving my data collection work to do at home since I can do it while watching TV, and using the office time to get my reading out of the way. So if the game sucks I can work during the game, and if it's good I still have a few hours afterwards to get my stuff taken care of.

I think every team has owned Miller when going top right.

Well, sure.. but not every team hits it as consistently as the Flyers seem to.

And every team owns Enroth going 5-hole. Not saying you're wrong. Just saying. Every goalie has a weak spot.

See above.. and I've not, as of yet, swore up and down at Enroth for a 5 hole shot.

Im on call tonight, usually Thursdays in Buffalo mean a lot of drunken shenanigans, so im guessing that ill end up working in the e.r. if not, ill try and catch an online feed. But if my bookmarked sites are shut down, I wont go looking too hard. The last two losses have killed the slight glimmer of hope for the season.

I also listened to Ted Black this morning and I gotta say that im not impressed. He is very vague (which I understand why) but he seems to lack male fortitude, its just an impression that I get. Hopefully im just cynical and wrong .....

Im on call tonight, usually Thursdays in Buffalo mean a lot of drunken shenanigans, so im guessing that ill end up working in the e.r. if not, ill try and catch an online feed. But if my bookmarked sites are shut down, I wont go looking too hard. The last two losses have killed the slight glimmer of hope for the season.

I also listened to Ted Black this morning and I gotta say that im not impressed. He is very vague (which I understand why) but he seems to lack male fortitude, its just an impression that I get. Hopefully im just cynical and wrong .....

I can't complain about Blacks responses, What do people expect him to say when the majority of the questions are just drawn out whining about Ruff and the team not being goons like the bruins, or about Regier not making a deal yet.

Didn't hear the interview and have no desire to.

He does work for the Sabres now so maybe he has been ... ya know, snipped too.

I'm not sure what people really expect Black to say. I know they WANT him to come out and say this is unacceptable and a house cleaning is going to occur, but guys in his position just don't come out and say that, especially so close to the deadline where you're trying to leverage everything. Even if the season was going as well as many expected, I still wouldn't expect anything other than "If we can make a move to improve the team we're going to, Darcy has complete freedom, etc etc etc."

I'm not sure what people really expect Black to say. I know they WANT him to come out and say this is unacceptable and a house cleaning is going to occur, but guys in his position just don't come out and say that, especially so close to the deadline where you're trying to leverage everything. Even if the season was going as well as many expected, I still wouldn't expect anything other than "If we can make a move to improve the team we're going to, Darcy has complete freedom, etc etc etc."

Black did say that he would fire Brian Burke if he were his GM. I got a kick out of that.

I guess we found Hockey Heaven's breaking point. A bold GM who is honest about not wasting his time and resources with a few unrealistic peers in a pool of 30 is a bad thing.

I don't hate the guy and im sure he's in a tough spot. And I realize in that position you have to be tight lipped especially on the radio. I guess I can't put my finger on it, im just not sold on him. I guess I don't have much more to add or even any rationale on a reason why.

Regier on the other hand.......

Black did say that he would fire Brian Burke if he were his GM. I got a kick out of that.

I guess we found Hockey Heaven's breaking point. A bold GM who is honest about not wasting his time and resources with a few unrealistic peers in a pool of 30 is a bad thing.

Ah yes I forgot about that comment, that was pretty funny. He did make the statement politically correct as well.

Roy, Pommers and Leino made up the #1 line in practice, that's fine with me, as long as you get Vanek away from Roy. I would rather see the #1 line be Ennis, Pommers and Vanek, then put Roy between Stafford and Leino, but what I like and what Lindy does usually don't coincide.

I expect to see Enroth in one of these next 2 games, do you play him tonight at Philadelphia or start him at home vs the Habs tomorrow night ? I think it will be Miller in the nets tonight.

I couldn't agree more with Roy and Vanek. When Roy is with him he turns into Thomas Vanish. Think of how much hate this guy got over the years, and maybe Roy was to blame all along.

I'll watch. Like an addict. Dammit ! this team kills me. GO SABRES !

You're not the only one. I'm seems like a job after a bad career change at this point.

When I Dish last year I was fine not watching the games, but now that I have DirectTv, I'm back on the crack.

Archived