GDT: Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2/16/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

I'm not sure I should take your word for it....

Just to address your metaphor, if I'm planning a vacation, is the weather channel really going to help me? Don't I have to make my own educated guess about whether or not it's going to be sunny the first week of July?

You can vent all you want and we are all pissed, but you don't impress me with your lame name-calling of TP.... Call me crazy, but it appears you are the one acting like a crybaby. Give the guy a chance to retool after this s###show of a season is over. My $$ has some surprising changes on the way.

If you've listened to Ted Black these past few months.....I believe Hamilton, and I don't have much faith that Pegula knows what he is doing. I won't call the guy names. Clueless is better than corrupt I guess??

Ted Black has not only dug in to defend Regier and Ruff, he has been condescending to those who dare claim either are not capable of doing a terrific job. I think what Pegula is all about is Tony Robbins positive thinking schtick. I forget the name of the book he and Ted Black were pimping when he first bought the team....but Pegula credited it for his success....and it was a bunch of feel good bologna.

I think this franchise is what it is. I have accepted that fact and thanks to Time Warner, it has been much easier to put the Sabres on the backburner for me. Perfect timing to wean many critical fans who still gave a crap.

First time this year i didnt DVR the game as i work nights. Im glad because this team rediculously shameful. Pegula continues to let fans down and the vodka only takes you so far. I cant think of a better thing to do right now than to stay away from the sabres, They are sickening to watch.

Maybe we can start a thread on treacherous coworkers, or the greatest ass in the world?

Wow people, reel it in a bit, it's not like you couldn't see it coming. This season was over a while ago (even though many, including myself, held on a little longer than should have). The venting should not be spewed now, it should be a time to accept the reality that surfaced months ago. This team has SERIOUS problems that are getting exposed more and more as time goes on. It's like getting mad at the Bills when they were 0-8 last year. At least this is happening now, before the trade deadline and with plenty of time to evaluate the excess fat on this team.

These are the players as I see being on this team 100% next year and as you can see, there is only one Center on there. I can see Ennis being packaged with Miller for an upgrade somewhere but for the most part, there is a LOT of work to be done. I have a feeling Miller is getting pretty fed up with this team and is going to be on his way out. Look no further than the Philly series last year. Talented forwards are far more valuable than solid goaltending. Sabres have a defense to build on so it is time to step it up BIG TIME on O.

Myers

Adam

Pommer

Vanek

McNabb

Kassian

Ehrhoff

Regher

Leino

I'll buy that as wishful thinking. But I might add Ennis and Gerbe.

I agree 100% with these players. Add Enroth. All the rest can go. I might go as far as to add Sekera.

You can vent all you want and we are all pissed, but you don't impress me with your lame name-calling of TP.... Call me crazy, but it appears you are the one acting like a crybaby. Give the guy a chance to retool after this s###show of a season is over. My $$ has some surprising changes on the way.

Well that's what I was doing, venting. And I think Terry Pegula is a big boob. Just because you disagree, maybe because you're still swooning from his theatrics upon his arrival, does not mean you get to attack me for my feelings about him. I'm not attacking you for being obviously too soft on the big boob, now am I? Try and be more like me. Don't wait for one of the most maddening games of the season to come in and find angry people to poke. That's ###### lame.

I agree 100% with these players. Add Enroth. All the rest can go. I might go as far as to add Sekera.

Yes, but I think there has to be SOME talent that is not retained in order to upgrade and those players in my mind are a combination of below. I honestly would not care if the only thing coming back were draft picks (besides Miller trade) in order to give a whole new look to 2012 opening day. It looks like sabres should be getting one of the top 2 players in the world from the draft so that's not too shabby either.

Roy

Stafford

Ennis

Gerbe

Gaustad

Miller

Sekera

Leo

If you put the facts of this season together, the only real conclusion is indecision at the helm. Therefore, to suggest the future is certain, is folly of the most uncertain kind.

I think just the opposite. Leadership made a decision this group was good, and are sticking to that. Just becuase thats a decisiion you, me, reorters etc may nat agree with, it is the oposite of not making a decion. Indecision was defined by Snyder in DC...

Yes, and in Myers's case, you haven't given him enough, if you think he has failed expectations. Look at the careers of the two whom I mentioned. Or don't bother, and blather on. Your call.

What is that TLC song? "Don't go chasing waterfalls."

If other teams want to chase Myers' "potential" and are willing to give up a player that has already realized their potential than make the deal.

Isn't it great that our top line Center got his 1st assist in 16 games last night, also it's his 3rd assist in the last 24 games. Maybe he needs a little more ice time.

Its abysmal. Yet if Hamilton is correct and HE(Roy) knows they have been trying to trade him since last year(and I'll refrain from the debate on Hamilton which raged earlier) there has to come a point where he's diconnected and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yes, and before someone jumps on that, I get the point that he should be working really hard in order to get moved.

Well that was pityful. It was the back breaker for a fools hope, so now I'm looking forward to a big sale at the deadline and a high draft pick. If that doesn't happen... Well then get a new GM and coach!

I agree, but would prefer the reverse order. New Gm and coach for an independednt assessment and then player movement. I have little hope of that happening, Instead history tells us Darcy will do little at the trade deadline. I would expect something along this line from Black: "We had so many injuries early, coupled with the influx of new players, things have been just too disjointed. We are getting healthy, but things have just transpired against us to get a true read on this group. Trust me, Darcy is exploring all means to make us better." Don't forget, he is a lawyer by trade.

God, I'm glad I sold my tickets for tonight.

If you've listened to Ted Black these past few months.....I believe Hamilton, and I don't have much faith that Pegula knows what he is doing. I won't call the guy names. Clueless is better than corrupt I guess??

Ted Black has not only dug in to defend Regier and Ruff, he has been condescending to those who dare claim either are not capable of doing a terrific job. I think what Pegula is all about is Tony Robbins positive thinking schtick. I forget the name of the book he and Ted Black were pimping when he first bought the team....but Pegula credited it for his success....and it was a bunch of feel good bologna.

I think this franchise is what it is. I have accepted that fact and thanks to Time Warner, it has been much easier to put the Sabres on the backburner for me. Perfect timing to wean many critical fans who still gave a crap.

I agree with your take, there seems to be an attitude of "we know what we're doing, so don't question us", so this attitude coupled with the horrific on-ice performance is leading to a pretty po'd fan base.

Well that's what I was doing, venting. And I think Terry Pegula is a big boob. Just because you disagree, maybe because you're still swooning from his theatrics upon his arrival, does not mean you get to attack me for my feelings about him. I'm not attacking you for being obviously too soft on the big boob, now am I? Try and be more like me. Don't wait for one of the most maddening games of the season to come in and find angry people to poke. That's ###### lame.

I get that you're venting, and I suppose we all do it in different ways. I happen to be pissed because there is nothing to look forward to playoff-wise, and this team is making me indifferent. I don't care what you think about TP - that's your deal; and. no, I'm not still "swooning" from his theatrics upon his arrival - THAT is lame, as it implies I am some mindless twit who believes everything the Sabres' brass has spoon-fed us. Quite the contrary - I am as critical as anyone on this board.

And I'm not trying to find angry people to poke...it's obvious we all have different ways of analyzing this situation. You have every right to voice your opinion, however it appears to me.

Some random thoughts on the game-

-I really want to know what went on between Stafford and Ruff during that exchange in the 2nd (13:03)

-I have to question Ruff not playing Enroth for so long and then choosing Philly to give him the start. :blink:

-The flu, too much booze, and a bad loss just don't mix (sorry Doc)

I guess it's a short list today.

I'd love to hear the content of that exchange as well.

oh yeah, I'd pay money for that - not sure what happened, but Stafford's blank stare looked like he was completely tuning Ruff out.

another observation from last night's disaster: you know things are bad when you get penalized for Too many men while on a PP.....that is just inexcusable & pathetic.

Some random thoughts on the game-

-I really want to know what went on between Stafford and Ruff during that exchange in the 2nd (13:03)

-I have to question Ruff not playing Enroth for so long and then choosing Philly to give him the start. :blink:

-The flu, too much booze, and a bad loss just don't mix (sorry Doc)

I guess it's a short list today.

Whatever Lindy said Stafford's answer was "I know, I know".

Random thought: Can you imagine if the Sabres still had the suggestion box up on their website?

HA! I forgot they did that. Can you imagine???

I have your back when your throwing your poo. OK - actually I'll be behind you so I don't get hit - but it is kinda the same thing. :)

:D Sorry I meant no offense by that. I was poking at d4rk for his comment that we should all "think for ourselves" rather than listen to anyone else about anything when forming opinions.

Archived