2012 Trade RUMOR Thread. (Keep the deadline thread for substantiated stuff).

Eleven

Regehr and Boyes not at practice this morning. Hmmmmmm.... :o

Do hockey players not get their flu shots?

No other real good place for this so I'll comment here. I like these line combos. I hope Lindy actually uses them in a game (for a whole game) :

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres lines: 21-28-36/42-63-26/23-9-29/37-54

No other real good place for this so I'll comment here. I like these line combos. I hope Lindy actually uses them in a game (for a whole game) :

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres lines: 21-28-36/42-63-26/23-9-29/37-54

Still waiting for the inevitable 26-63-29 line. I don't care that every other line would be a crap sandwich, at least we'd have one (potentially) line of filet.

What could we possibly get back for Brad Boyes? A 5th rounder maybe? Boyes is the poster child for overpaid under-performing forwards.

I'll take it!

No weay in Hell does Regehr get traded after Pegula flew out there to talk his family into moving.

I doubt he'd turn down any trade just because he moved his family last summer. If the Sabres were trying to move him to Detroit (or to another contender) so that he could try for a Cup run after an entire career in Calgary and Buffalo, he'd be interested.

I am at work right now and Better Days just came on. It reminds me of the good ol days of the 06-07 and 07-08 year... I want that feeling back, It gives me cold chills just sitting here listening. Please TP bring the old sabres back. I want Nash, Getzlaf, Parise or anyone who can be a game changer.

"Better Days" will forever be known as the death march for two great years of hockey from 05-07.

That song makes me want to puke.

so if roy, goose, hecht, boyes and sekera were off the books that would be about 16.5 million. Find a center to replace roy for 2.5 mil, another center to replace goose for 3 or 4 mil, ennis has taken over hechts spot, foligno or kashian can take over boyes and mcnabb can take over sekera. that adds up to about 7-8 million. still leaves us with about 8.5 million to spend. heck, im not even counting if stafford was off the books. Is this somewhat accurate?

so if roy, goose, hecht, boyes and sekera were off the books that would be about 16.5 million. Find a center to replace roy for 2.5 mil, another center to replace goose for 3 or 4 mil, ennis has taken over hechts spot, foligno or kashian can take over boyes and mcnabb can take over sekera. that adds up to about 7-8 million. still leaves us with about 8.5 million to spend. heck, im not even counting if stafford was off the books. Is this somewhat accurate?

Just for starters, I think Roys replacement should be the guy getting 3-4 mil and Gooses replacement being the one getting 2.5

Next, i would like to know where you are gonna get centres for that kind of money in this league that are better then what the Sabres are losing

"Better Days" will forever be known as the death march for two great years of hockey from 05-07.

That song makes me want to puke.

if its the same song I'm thinking of, I couldn't agree more about puking

Why Sekera? I could name about 15 other players in the organ-eye-zation who should go first.

Ruff just said maintenance day for Boyes and Regher so enough of that. As far as Centers go, let's face it folks, none are coming via FA and the ONLY way to trade for a tier one center is adding Myers or Miller to the mix. It's going to be at least another 2 years before the make-up of this team has Cup contender labeled to it. Until then, get rid of the dead weight and hope that the draft or Rochester offers a suprise in the middle.

Just for starters, I think Roys replacement should be the guy getting 3-4 mil and Gooses replacement being the one getting 2.5

Next, i would like to know where you are gonna get centres for that kind of money in this league that are better then what the Sabres are losing

if its the same song I'm thinking of, I couldn't agree more about puking

This big steaming pile of BS. That first piano chord is enough to make me nauseous.

No weay in Hell does Regehr get traded after Pegula flew out there to talk his family into moving.

Not that I believe he is going anywhere, but there is always the possibility that Regehr goes to Regier, states he is on the tail end of his career, he wants a serious chance at the Cup, and doesn't see it happening here....this year or next.

Not that I believe he is going anywhere, but there is always the possibility that Regehr goes to Regier, states he is on the tail end of his career, he wants a serious chance at the Cup, and doesn't see it happening here....this year or next.

Darcy's head would start spinning. I can see it now: "Buh buh but Robyn, this team is real close!"

As far as Myers goes, i stand by my original opinon.

You simply cannot send him packing. Not yet. You don't want to make the mistake Ottawa and the Islanders made with Chara. I'd much rather wait on him for a few more years. It's a gamble, but the payoff is absolutely enormous (no pun intended).

I'm willing to wait, and think he's one of the only players in the organization (maybe the only one) whose really worthy of the untouchable tag.

Archived