2012 Trade RUMOR Thread. (Keep the deadline thread for substantiated stuff).

Eleven

http://www.hockeybuz...-Bruins/1/42139

Was going to put this in Buyers/Sellers thread, but seems like that's been put to rest. Also, I realize the source, but thought worthwhile in response to a much talked about rumor from another site.

He's only heard this from "readers". Bruce Garrioch reported that Regehr is available. Link- http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/11/rink-wrap-habs-want-amnesty-clause

Note- Out of the legit media types, Garrioch isn't the most credible person in the world either, but, in this same article, posted Saturday night, he writes Rick Nash is available. On Monday, RDS confirmed that Nash is available and hundreds of rumors began. Today, ESPN NY says confirms that NYR is interested and the price that Garrioch posted on Saturday, is what has been talked about. So, whom ever he talked to about Nash, was 100% right. If the Regehr stuff right? Anyones guess.

Maybe his wife wasn't very happy here and he asked if there was any chance of a trade.... ? That's possible too, right?

I'm telling you, tpegs is going to shock us all.. We are going to get a franchise changing player by next season. Even if that means trading for draft picks in order to use them to acquire that game changer....

Or it could be organization suicide? Loading up on long, big contracts and giving up all our prospects in the process. Theres two ways of looking at it...

He's only heard this from "readers". Bruce Garrioch reported that Regehr is available. Link- http://www.ottawasun...-amnesty-clause

Note- Out of the legit media types, Garrioch isn't the most credible person in the world either, but, in this same article, posted Saturday night, he writes Rick Nash is available. On Monday, RDS confirmed that Nash is available and hundreds of rumors began. Today, ESPN NY says confirms that NYR is interested and the price that Garrioch posted on Saturday, is what has been talked about. So, whom ever he talked to about Nash, was 100% right. If the Regehr stuff right? Anyones guess.

Maybe his wife wasn't very happy here and he asked if there was any chance of a trade.... ? That's possible too, right?

Garrioich's standing as just another rumor monger was addressed in another thread. Nash made comments about considering the possibility of a trade earlier in the year.

Here's a rumor that made it into my Facebook news feed: Miller to the Hawks for Kane, reported (speculated?) by Darren Millard on Fan 590.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/hockey-central-fires-up-the-patrick-kane-for-ryan-miller-rumor/

Would you trade Miller and Kassian?

Maybe. I'd prefer not to include Kassian if there was someone else they'd take.

That said, Kane is 23 with a ring and 4 years of experience where he's almost average a point per game. He's good enough to warrant giving up guys we really like.

Miller, Kassian and any other prospect the Hawks want.

I would also give up Myers if the Sabres could get Nash. Simple logic, Is Myers better than Vanek? No! Is Nash better than Vanek? Yes!

I think the more realistic proposal would be Kane + Crawford for Miller + Roy.

Why is that Realistic? Giving up one of the Stars of the game for a one year wonder in Miller and a player with a bad rep like Roy? You call the Hawks with that deal and your number ends up blocked.

Miller, Kassian and any other prospect the Hawks want.

I would also give up Myers if the Sabres could get Nash. Simple logic, Is Myers better than Vanek? No! Is Nash better than Vanek? Yes!

Why is that Realistic? Giving up one of the Stars of the game for a one year wonder in Miller and a player with a bad rep like Roy? You call the Hawks with that deal and your number ends up blocked.

To play devils advocate.

Nash has played in the NHL 8 full seasons. In those eight years, he's scored a total of 39, 57, 54, 57, 69, 79, 67 and 66 points. Only one season at 70+ points.

Vanek has played in the NHL 6 full seasons. In those six years, he's scored a total of 48, 84, 64, 64, 53, and 73 points. Two out of 6 above 70, including 1 at 80+.

Nash scored 41 goals in 2003-04, to tie the NHL in goals with Jerome Iginla, and has yet to reach 40 since then. Vanek has hit 40 goal mark twice so far in his career.

The question comes, can Nash produce better with better linemates, and a center? I guess same thing can be asked about Vanek. Is it worth the gamble to trade some of the teams better young players? Maybe. It's a $62.4 million gamble though over the next 8 seasons.

Hawks are reportedly after a center. Also, Roy to Hawks has been mentioned several times on legit web sites.

If the Sabres trade Miller, i can only assume they will want a goalie in return, and not play David Leggo has backup. Also, what would Hawks do with Crawford with Miller in town... ?

To play devils advocate.

Nash has played in the NHL 8 full seasons. In those eight years, he's scored a total of 39, 57, 54, 57, 69, 79, 67 and 66 points. Only one season at 70+ points.

Vanek has played in the NHL 6 full seasons. In those six years, he's scored a total of 48, 84, 64, 64, 53, and 73 points. Two out of 6 above 70, including 1 at 80+.

Nash scored 41 goals in 2003-04, to tie the NHL in goals with Jerome Iginla, and has yet to reach 40 since then. Vanek has hit 40 goal mark twice so far in his career.

The question comes, can Nash produce better with better linemates, and a center? I guess same thing can be asked about Vanek. Is it worth the gamble to trade some of the teams better young players? Maybe. It's a $62.4 million gamble though over the next 8 seasons.

Hawks are reportedly after a center. Also, Roy to Hawks has been mentioned several times on legit web sites.

If the Sabres trade Miller, i can only assume they will want a goalie in return, and not play David Leggo has backup. Also, what would Hawks do with Crawford with Miller in town... ?

Bringing Nash in is less of a gamble than flooding the roster with Leino and Stafford types. I would rather the Sabres have Nash in the lineup and dress a man short than having to endure Leino and Stafford night after night. If you are going to over pay for a player , make sure that player has talent.

You logic with on the Hawks is sound, except there is no way they will give up Kane for so little in return. You want Patrick Kane? Start with Miller and Roy, keeping adding until the Hawks begin to look interested.

To play devils advocate.

Right there. I don't want Darcy Regier making this decision. I really, really don't.

You're making a good argument in favor of Vanek. My gut tells me the Sabres should not get rid of Vanek. I also don't think the Sabres will get rid of Miller, unless there is locker-room drama we're unaware of.

So, I guess the only real trade-bait the Sabres have left to get a big name in here is Myers. And I've become a little stale on Myers - he's not showing much improvement.

I thought Kane could play center..? Kane is okay, but, I dunno, why is his name being brought up, because he is from Buffalo or is he really on the table? I just don't see why the Hawks would want to get rid of Kane.

One thing about Chicago being a trading partner is that they're probably one of the few willing to trade "in good faith". They got some value for Montador.

For Kane? Yes indeedly.

I think the more realistic proposal would be Kane + Crawford for Miller + Roy.

Realistic on another planet perhaps. Miller plus Roy does not get you an elite player.

Myers is better than Vanek.

Myers is better than Vanek.

Seriously?

As for Roy, I think people are under valuing him too much. Yes, he's having a terrible season. But career wise he has been solid. There will be many teams after him when we try to deal him. He was a point per game player last season before his injury vs. Florida in December.

I thought Kane could play center..? Kane is okay, but, I dunno, why is his name being brought up, because he is from Buffalo or is he really on the table? I just don't see why the Hawks would want to get rid of Kane.

Kane is an exceptional talent. Vision, speed, creativity, shot. The only knock I can think of is his size.

I don't think Chicago would shop Kane. Quineville would go first, and they would be nuts to sack Quineville.

Archived