2012 Trade RUMOR Thread. (Keep the deadline thread for substantiated stuff).

Eleven

Is that not what the Around the NHL thread is for? :P

EDIT: I guess not.

Oh look, you're policing the board again.

This thread should heat up nicely in about a week. Unfortunately, almost none of the so called "rumors" will materialize. This is going to be a boring deadline.

Oh look, you're policing the board again.

This thread should heat up nicely in about a week. Unfortunately, almost none of the so called "rumors" will materialize. This is going to be a boring deadline.

Not really ... a tongue in cheek post is not policing.

I think you are probably right about a boring trade deadline. This thread will be more popular than the actual trades thread, particularly from a Sabres stand point, in all likelihood.

BTW. How was New Hampshire? Some people think it is alot like Nova Scotia, without as much ocean front.

The rumors that Robyn Regehr is available are also only rumors I have heard from readers..nothing from a source, in fact a Sabres source confirmed not a chance he is moved.
http://www.hockeybuz...-Bruins/1/42139

Was going to put this in Buyers/Sellers thread, but seems like that's been put to rest. Also, I realize the source, but thought worthwhile in response to a much talked about rumor from another site.

I know the Sabres desperately need to invest in a top center, but with the sluff Boyes and Stafford going through the motions night after night I think going after Nash would show that this team is willing and ready to move in the right direction. This team doesn't need a rebuild, it just needs to rid itself of the cancer. Nash is everything we all bitch about not having, somebody who is big and can consistently be a presence in front of the net. It's not very often an opportunity like this comes along.

Imagine Vanek and Nash being centered by a decent center, wow!!!

As I mentioned in the other thread, in order for Nash to be traded he must waive his NMC. Which means these rumors of him on the block have come with his permission and he is only going to be traded to teams that he is willing to go to. I do not believe that the Sabres (at 13th place in the east) are one of the teams that he is willing to waive his NMC to go to.

It's a nice dream in theory and I would love to get him, but he doesn't want to come here...

As I mentioned in the other thread, in order for Nash to be traded he must waive his NMC. Which means these rumors of him on the block have come with his permission and he is only going to be traded to teams that he is willing to go to. I do not believe that the Sabres (at 13th place in the east) are one of the teams that he is willing to waive his NMC to go to.

It's a nice dream in theory and I would love to get him, but he doesn't want to come here...

Yes you said it a few times, but it's an opinion, just as some have said there's reason to believe that Buffalo may be a place he'd want to go to. Maybe unlikely, but does that mean conversation on the topic must cease?

Stafford and a 1st round to Columbus for Nash

Was thinking something along the lines of Ennis, Stafford, Brennan and a 2nd.

No way that Nash comes to Buffalo.

He wants to be on a contender team, i am sure that he wants to play in the playoffs.

There is no reason why he should come to Buffalo.

he only comes here if our offer helps Columbus significantly more than any other, and we are on his list of NMC waive-able teams.

Yes you said it a few times, but it's an opinion, just as some have said there's reason to believe that Buffalo may be a place he'd want to go to. Maybe unlikely, but does that mean conversation on the topic must cease?

The conversation shouldn't cease. I really like the way this conversation is going actually. I just wanted to point it out that it wasn't just as simple as making the best offer. We would also need some TP convincing magic to make it happen.

Nash is exactly the type of player you build your team around and is instantly captain and top dog. I just don't want people to get their hopes up since it is the definition of a long shot.

Somehow I don't think a decision that big is going to be affected by current standing. He's got a contract through 2018 so I don't think he would be thinking short term. Even though the Sabres are not playing up to par lately doesn't mean there isn't potential and it won't take much to push us to the top. And it's not like Pegula/Black haven't changed their minds about building a Cup contender. Any potential new player can see that the goal is here to become a contender. If Golisano were still the owner it might be a different story. If Nash's main goal is to live someplace more metropolitan then yeah, he might not pick BFLO. But if he wants to go someplace where there is potential I can't see him leaving BFLO off the table. There are some powerhouse teams I'm sure he would consider first, but I don't think he would turn BFLO down just because we're currently in 13th. If he were a free agent at the end of the year I can see him wanting to go someplace just to try and win a Cup this year and then reassess his options during the offseason, but his current contract status would most likely mean he would prefer a team that can and will be successful for the next 6-7 years.

What top players will hear from tp, dr or Ted black is that this was the first year of new ownership and that they are preparing this team to be a true contender in the 12-13.. It takes time and terry can inspire any player he wants. No player is out of contention for the sabres

Can someone post all the top free agents ?

Archived