Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

:thumbsup:

Have you ever tried to quit before?

Of course. I have quit for significant periods. I was down to "smoke when I drink" when Sara (a heavier smoker than me, but it wasn't the cause) was diagnosed. That, believe it or not, UPPED my smoking, because I needed breaks from her hospital room and I needed an excuse. I continued that until about last June, when I reverted to "smoke when I drink." Now, it's time to just let it go. Was fun while it lasted. And I mean it, it always was really enjoyable! But it's time.

Of course. I have quit for significant periods. I was down to "smoke when I drink" when Sara (a heavier smoker than me, but it wasn't the cause) was diagnosed. That, believe it or not, UPPED my smoking, because I needed breaks from her hospital room and I needed an excuse. I continued that until about last June, when I reverted to "smoke when I drink." Now, it's time to just let it go. Was fun while it lasted. And I mean it, it always was really enjoyable! But it's time.

I hear that. I liked smoking. I really like cigars. The cigars I still do on occasion but I'm glad I don't touch cigarettes anymore. It's amazing how bad they make you feel. Plus they're just too darn expensive.

I hear that. I liked smoking. I really like cigars. The cigars I still do on occasion but I'm glad I don't touch cigarettes anymore. It's amazing how bad they make you feel. Plus they're just too darn expensive.

They are $11.15 per pack at my local c-store. Even at a pack for three days, that's insane. I am fighting cravings like you wouldn't believe right now, but I am going for the gold medal and not the bronze.

They are $11.15 per pack at my local c-store. Even at a pack for three days, that's insane. I am fighting cravings like you wouldn't believe right now, but I am going for the gold medal and not the bronze.

Do you hit the gym regularly? If not you should, you'll be amazed at how quickly your lungs regain capacity with smokes eliminated.

Do you hit the gym regularly? If not you should, you'll be amazed at how quickly your lungs regain capacity with smokes eliminated.

One of the reasons I'm doing this. I put on some weight (not a ton, but noticeable to me) in the last year, and I think that people who know me, like you, know why, but it's time for it to come off.

Edited by Eleven

One of the reasons I'm doing this. I put on some weight (not a ton, but noticeable to me) in the last year, and I think that people who know me, like you, know why, but it's time for it to come off.

Right on. Get that cardio going. If a bunch of chain smoking hockey players could do it... :rolleyes:

Right on. Get that cardio going. If a bunch of chain smoking hockey players could do it... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's definitely time to invest in some leg warmers and start up my aerobics routine. If I get Jennifer Beals as an instructor, it's just a bonus.

Good man.

You know me better than that.

I made it through a wake without losing my ###### AND I made it through a night of cocktails (post-wake, obv) with not one cigarette. I even was in a cigar room at one point and still, I stood strong. I am going to bed without a smoke today for the first time in about 20 months.

Good on ya, man. It's not gonna be easy, but it'll be worth it. Invest in your replacement of choice (gum, hard candy, etc) and continue to fight the good fight!

Good God that's pricey. A carton of Pall Malls runs about $35 here at the Murphy's Gas station near the Wal-Mart and that's when I have no coupons and there's no 50 cents off a pack/$5 off a carton promos and I think that's too expensive.

Kind of going off the topic above about the gym: what are the best gym's in Buffalo that aren't crazy expensive?

Chances are I'll have to go for a chain place.

A lot of my friends go to the JCC on Delaware. It is reportedly not expensive. But a lot of these people have family memberships, and I believe there is free day care while you're working out, so what's "expensive" in that context (whole family can work out + babysitting) is maybe different than what a single man would look for.

A lot of my friends go to the JCC on Delaware. It is reportedly not expensive. But a lot of these people have family memberships, and I believe there is free day care while you're working out, so what's "expensive" in that context (whole family can work out + babysitting) is maybe different than what a single man would look for.

I'll have to look into them. Especially considering they're abojt a black and a half away from me. I could walk there without issue everyday.

OK.  I am ready to squeeze a small animal to death and/or punch a brick wall.  It's day 3.  3 and 4 are supposed to be the worst, and, of course, I decided to quit on a Thursday, making days 3 and 4 relatively idle.  

I am still strong.  I have not smoked.  I have no cigarettes, I have "bummed" no cigarettes, and I am in for the night.

Is that awesome or is it bad that I want to basically punch everyone, everything, and every place?

Edited by Eleven

OK. I am ready to squeeze a small animal to death and/or punch a brick wall. It's day 3. 3 and 4 are supposed to be the worst, and, of course, I decided to quit on a Thursday, making days 3 and 4 relatively idle.

I am still strong. I have not smoked. I have no cigarettes, I have "bummed" no cigarettes, and I am in for the night.

Is that awesome or is it bad that I want to basically punch everyone, everything, and every place?

My mom's New Years resolution last year was to quit smoking. She didn't break it until approximately 12:04 AM on January 1st 2014. So you're doing pretty well... Edited by Tank

My mom's New Years resolution last year was to quit smoking. She didn't break it until approximately 12:04 AM on January 1st 2014. So you're doing pretty well...

You do know that you and your mom are part of "everyone" and so I want to punch you both, right?

Although, you're in my neighborhood.  So that's a lot closer.

Although, although, there's a wall nearby.  And another wall.  And a leather bed frame.

I want to hit everything right now.

You do know that you and your mom are part of "everyone" and so I want to punch you both, right?

Although, you're in my neighborhood.  So that's a lot closer.

Although, although, there's a wall nearby.  And another wall.  And a leather bed frame.

Dude... get yourself some Nicorette or something!  lol

Although, you're in my neighborhood. So that's a lot closer.

Although, although, there's a wall nearby. And another wall. And a leather bed frame.

My mom isn't in these here parts. But come punch me. I'll just hug the cravings out of you.

Eleven, will it help if I'm nice to you and agree with you? I am willing to take the hit.

Here: Lindy was a helluva coach and I realize now, after Rolston and Nolan, how good we had it. I wish he was back. I miss the scar, the 'stache, the wispy hair, his wry sense of humor. God, I miss it all.