Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

A friend of mind had his grandson at Roswell today for a biopsy. This kid had all kinds of enlarged lymph nodes and blood work pointed to lymphoma. Just got a text: no cancer! Forget the Sabres game. This was a very awesome day.

Great stuff, pA.

Taking Mrs Menace to see the Nutcracker Ballet tomorrow.  She's excited. 

Also, my sister-in-law and her husband just bought a house about 2 miles away from us, which means that I get to see our goddaughter a lot more, and her husband and I are much closer once golf season rolls around :)

Also, my sister-in-law and her husband just bought a house about 2 miles away from us, which means that I get to see our goddaughter a lot more, and her husband and I are much closer once golf season rolls around :)

And they can help out with babysitting your double trouble when you guys need a break! 

Good stuff. Enjoy the ballet! 

How did you get your wife to agree to go to a strip club?

How did you get your wife to agree to go to a strip club?

funny story actually.  We were visiting friends in Rochester last year, and they were telling my now wife, then fiance, about the only time our group had ever gone to a strip club.  When they were finished with the story (which included the details of me losing a Bills hat. yes I literally left it at the strip club, on purpose, never to be worn again  :sick: ), my wife, dead eyed, told all of us that if we ever go to a strip club again, she better be invited.  

my jaw hit the floor. 

My oldest stepson (he's 14), won his weight class at the county wrestling tournament on Saturday.  My wife made him start wrestling in May and he was totally against it.  It was either that or military school, as we had just had enough.  He started training with a local club during the summer and went undefeated this Middle School season, 11-0, winning every match but one by pin.  He's only lost one match, and that was his first ever match in an AAU tournament, but he's never been pinned.  He ran right through his bracket in the tournament and we couldn't be prouder of him.  It's also helped turn his grades around, going from D's to B's, and far fewer behavior problems.    

My oldest stepson (he's 14), won his weight class at the county wrestling tournament on Saturday.  My wife made him start wrestling in May and he was totally against it.  It was either that or military school, as we had just had enough.  He started training with a local club during the summer and went undefeated this Middle School season, 11-0, winning every match but one by pin.  He's only lost one match, and that was his first ever match in an AAU tournament, but he's never been pinned.  He ran right through his bracket in the tournament and we couldn't be prouder of him.  It's also helped turn his grades around, going from D's to B's, and far fewer behavior problems.    

Nice! Congrats. There is a lot of research on kids being physically active and how it reduces behavior problems.

Because my girlfriend is amazing and awesome and awesome and amazing... I am going to Blackhawks v. Sabres on Saturday officially.  She had hinted at for weeks but finally broke down and told me.  I am so pumped! First live Sabres game in 4 years. I might cry a little.  She also said "you won't believe our seats :flirt: " so idk where we are sitting but I think I am in for a surprise.

Nice! Congrats. There is a lot of research on kids being physically active and how it reduces behavior problems.

Because my girlfriend is amazing and awesome and awesome and amazing... I am going to Blackhawks v. Sabres on Saturday officially.  She had hinted at for weeks but finally broke down and told me.  I am so pumped! First live Sabres game in 4 years. I might cry a little.  She also said "you won't believe our seats :flirt: " so idk where we are sitting but I think I am in for a surprise.

Beat me to it.  Any parent can tell you, with or without fancystats:  kids need fresh air and exercise and plenty of it.

Enjoy the game!

Mu buddy got engaged over the weekend. On one hand it's awesome because they seem good together and they've been together for 2.5 years now. Otoh...both of absolutely no money, student loan bills, are very, very young, and have no reason to remotely expect a career coming to either of them within the next year or longer. Plus they both still live at home. I want to be happy for them, but I can't lie and say I think what he did was a good idea, at this point at least.

Mu buddy got engaged over the weekend. On one hand it's awesome because they seem good together and they've been together for 2.5 years now. Otoh...both of absolutely no money, student loan bills, are very, very young, and have no reason to remotely expect a career coming to either of them within the next year or longer. Plus they both still live at home. I want to be happy for them, but I can't lie and say I think what he did was a good idea, at this point at least.

You've worded the awesome right out of that one.   :P

That is truly awesome. Glad to hear it. 

Um, congrats to them? I know how you feel- just this weekend I listened to one friend tell me how her bf of 3 years (a close friend of mine) dropped her two months ago and is now engaged to be married in April. I would not be surprised he invites me to this wedding/asks me to be a bridesmaid/groomsmaid. That's going to be hella weird. He had me fly out to Vancouver to meet his now ex partly so I'd know them when they got married.... and now he's off with a super alt kink vegan older ###### woman who was in a committed relationship with a woman a month ago. I'm cool with your lifestyle man, I just hate the destruction you leave in your wake.... Ugh. 

And more people I know just got divorced. I looked at d4rk and said, "uh, should we even bother getting married? Seems like a curse at this point"... But it's mostly the ones who wanted to throw the party before they really settled the tough stuff. Hurray for being in your 20s!

Truth is, I'm glad it's easier/more socially acceptable to end things amicably. So many marriages/bad partnerships lasted and led to worse fates due to social construct. 

But I hope your friends can navigate all that without too much trouble, and grow together rather than apart. Plenty make it, it's just the sad cases you hear about. Best of luck! 

EDIT: Apparently Q uee r is a dirty, censored word! I guess I see why.. if used as an insult. 

Edited by Josie914

You've worded the awesome right out of that one.   :P

Well it's definitely awe-something  :D

Um, congrats to them? I know how you feel- just this weekend I listened to one friend tell me how her bf of 3 years (a close friend of mine) dropped her two months ago and is now engaged to be married in April. I would not be surprised he invites me to this wedding/asks me to be a bridesmaid/groomsmaid. That's going to be hella weird. He had me fly out to Vancouver to meet his now ex partly so I'd know them when they got married.... and now he's off with a super alt kink vegan older ###### woman who was in a committed relationship with a woman a month ago. I'm cool with your lifestyle man, I just hate the destruction you leave in your wake.... Ugh. 

And more people I know just got divorced. I looked at d4rk and said, "uh, should we even bother getting married? Seems like a curse at this point"... But it's mostly the ones who wanted to throw the party before they really settled the tough stuff. Hurray for being in your 20s!

Truth is, I'm glad it's easier/more socially acceptable to end things amicably. So many marriages/bad partnerships lasted and led to worse fates due to social construct. 

EDIT: Apparently Q uee r is a dirty, censored word! I guess I see why.. if used as an insult. 

Sorry I could not stop laughing at the vegan lady part, that's absurd  :lol:

I'll probably be the best man in this one, or at the very least a groomsman, so I know how you feel. He's changed a ton since they met, and maybe for the better for him, but she's literally made him into a mold of what she wants. If he loves her, and she him, good for them, but I just see absolutely no benefit in getting engaged right now other than placating her. I wish more people would stay together for a long time instead of just rushing into marriage

Edited by WildCard

Well it's definitely awe-something  :D

Sorry I could not stop laughing at the vegan lady part, that's absurd  :lol:

I'll probably be the best man in this one, or at the very least a groomsman, so I know how you feel. He's changed a ton since they met, and maybe for the better for him, but she's literally made him into a mold of what she wants. If he loves her, and she him, good for them, but I just see absolutely no benefit in getting engaged right now other than placating her. I wish more people would stay together for a long time instead of just rushing into marriage

God you sound just like me when I was bridesmaid for my friend who's husband then immediately got into heroin.

That bolded bit sounds like a large waving red flag of immaturity and potential turbulence later on. Speaking as someone who let people do that to me... it's not always a good thing. 

To quote that Bojack Horseman show of all things, "It's funny; when you look at someone through rose-colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags"

And laugh all you want at the vegan lady thing... I'm pretty disgusted. Never have I known a man more controlled by the divining rod in his pants... 

I have been to 7 weddings since 2005. Three have ended in divorce and a fourth is uh... pending...

I'm feeling pretty good about the casual pace Josie and I have taken. :lol:

My record's worse than yours... 5 weddings- 2 divorces, one pending! Admittedly, besides the pending one, the others were your friends :P 

Man, I'm glad I didn't invite you to my wedding!  :nana:

You joke. I'm worried I might start getting blackballed.

Wait, maybe that's a good thing. I hate buying people wedding gifts.  :P

My record's worse than yours... 5 weddings- 2 divorces, one pending! Admittedly, besides the pending one, the others were your friends :P

Maybe we're both to blame. :bag: