Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

AC/DC's Rock or Bust Album.

In another time, this album would be right up there with Back In Black and Highway to Hell, but in today's digital world, it's overlooked. 

You like rock and roll, then spin this album. 35 minutes of straight ahead rock and roll.

Love it! Awesome!

Congratulations. Don't worry about what might go wrong on your wedding day, something will, and those turn into nice memories too. Enjoy!

Unless what goes wrong is that your Dad, who is also your best man, passes out midway through the ceremony, crashing into you, knocking over your bride, and proceeds to split his face open on the floor.  Because that will never turn into a nice memory.

Congratulations. Don't worry about what might go wrong on your wedding day, something will, and those turn into nice memories too. Enjoy!

I'm ready to just enjoy the day.  

Unless what goes wrong is that your Dad, who is also your best man, passes out midway through the ceremony, crashing into you, knocking over your bride, and proceeds to split his face open on the floor.  Because that will never turn into a nice memory.

oh man, that's rough

My neighbor has a few 4H classes going on at her property. She is doing a cooking class and thought it would be nice to have a big garden so the kids can grow their own food to cook. I've been taking my tractor, plow and cultivators up for the last 3 weeks and have a pretty nice plot all set for them. I just get home from work so I'm filthy, stinky and tired and there's this knock at the door. I abandon my plan to shower temporarily and answer it. There are three little kids standing there each with something in their hand. They are all deer in the headlights, staring at me. No one says a word. The boy(obviously the youngest of the bunch) finally says "geez Tara!" (She was the oldest and I'm guessing the elected spokesman for the group and is still just staring) "we came to thank you for the garden, mister!" The other two snap out of it and all three give me the hand made cards they brought over. Very cute. Very awesome that there are some kids that can find an interest in something other than a screen.

I am proud that I could help them. I wonder if they will bring me some of that food they eventually cook?

Hey!  Nice story!

Did you give the little ones some hugs?  

I hope they become new friends.

Swamp, you'll appreciate this more than most. Spent the day on the lower Niagara River fishing around the Robert Moses power facility. I have never had a day like today on the water. We were catching smallmouth bass in crazy numbers. And all of them were good sized. Plenty of 4lbers+. I quit for the day when my arm got sore and tired. The fishing was crazy good.

Swamp, you'll appreciate this more than most. Spent the day on the lower Niagara River fishing around the Robert Moses power facility. I have never had a day like today on the water. We were catching smallmouth bass in crazy numbers. And all of them were good sized. Plenty of 4lbers+. I quit for the day when my arm got sore and tired. The fishing was crazy good.

Ugh. And I thought I had a good day because I stained my stupid deck. :wallbash:

Every time I'm there I say the bolded.  Here's my last time.

----

Jeebus H Crispy that was almost three years ago. What the hell am I doing with my life?!

Edited by SwampD

Ugh. And I thought I had a good day because I stained my stupid deck. :wallbash:

Every time I'm there I say the bolded.  Here's my last time.

----

Jeebus H Crispy that was almost three years ago. What the hell am I doing with my life?!

Dude, I was watching thousands of fish in 10-15 feet of gin clear water.  It was crazy.  I've never seen fish so stacked up.  Mostly small mouths,  Plenty of silver bass.  A few lake trout too.

Dude, I was watching thousands of fish in 10-15 feet of gin clear water.  It was crazy.  I've never seen fish so stacked up.  Mostly small mouths,  Plenty of silver bass.  A few lake trout too.

Mmmmmm, gin.

Sounds like a great day, totally jealous. Isn't catching a laker in 15 feet of water is so much more fun than reeling one up from 200 feet?

Mmmmmm, gin.

Sounds like a great day, totally jealous. Isn't catching a laker in 15 feet of water is so much more fun than reeling one up from 200 feet?

They aren't great fighters either way.  Dead weight and head shaking.  Catching them in heavy current does make it more interesting for sure.

Last time I caught a deep water lake trout was probably 20 years ago, honestly.  Most of my fishing is within sight of shore.

Edited by weave

They aren't great fighters either way.  Dead weight and head shaking.  

Last time I caught a deep water lake trout was probably 20 years ago, honestly.  Most of my fishing is within sight of shore.

I don't know, I think they have a little more life. I've seen them break off in the shallow water. From down deep you may as well be hauling up a Sunday Buffalo News.

Damn I want to go fishing now.

I don't know, I think they have a little more life. I've seen them break off in the shallow water. From down deep you may as well be hauling up a Sunday Buffalo News.

Damn I want to go fishing now.

LOL

I've been out a few times trying to drum up something at Point Breeze on Lake Ontario.  Caught a couple brown trout a few weeks ago, but mostly I was skunked before today.  I'm jonesing for next weekend already!  The lower river is a pretty good drive for me but that kind of action is worth it.

------

Funny side note to this. Everything I'm saying about lakers is just whet I've seen from my friends. I've never caught one. :lol: Every time we go I only catch steelhead and my friend jokingly gets pissed and just shakes his head.