Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

This really is awesome:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/06/07/189544736/why-being-stuck-on-a-tarmac-with-the-philly-orchestra-rocks?utm

"It happened to passengers on a flight from Beijing to Macau, this week. They had been sitting on the tarmac for three hours when a quartet of musicians from the Philadelphia Orchestra pulled out their instruments and provided what they called on YouTube a "pop up" performance."

Edited by biodork

Venison chops on the grill, sides of couscous, carmelized mushrooms, and an early Summer greens salad.

And post-,meal Sazerac Rye and a Rockey Patel Vintage 1999 out on the deck listening to a Blackfoot station on Pandora.

Edited by weave

I don't have to worry anymore. Broke up last night. ;)

Welcome to the club...mine is moving out next week.

Is it just me, or is this thread a real ###### downer lately?

Edit: its probably just me

Edited by ubkev

FWIW, my wife and I decided to get married about three months after we met. Took another year to git er done, but we've been married 16 years, now. The thing about getting married is to remain committed to the marriage. If you can see yourself doing that long term, you can marry anyone.

That's my awesome insight of the day.

Not to toot my own horn (I can get *this* close though), but I've lost six pounds in recent weeks. I'm averaging a little over a pound a week, which is kind of disappointing given my faithful adherence to 2,000 calories a day, which in the past has yielded dramatic results. But at the same time, I started modestly "working out" and added some muscle, so I believe the fat loss has to be more than six pounds.

I've been walking seven miles most days and even started jogging/light running for 30 seconds at a time here and there. Two events precipitated this. In March, I took a good long look in a full length mirror. I was in dire need of a manziere (or bro). Then, when Regier survived the season, I realized I'm going to have to live a lot longer than expected to see the Sabres win the Stanley Cup.

Not to toot my own horn (I can get *this* close though), but I've lost six pounds in recent weeks. I'm averaging a little over a pound a week, which is kind of disappointing given my faithful adherence to 2,000 calories a day, which in the past has yielded dramatic results. But at the same time, I started modestly "working out" and added some muscle, so I believe the fat loss has to be more than six pounds.

I've been walking seven miles most days and even started jogging/light running for 30 seconds at a time here and there. Two events precipitated this. In March, I took a good long look in a full length mirror. I was in dire need of a manziere (or bro). Then, when Regier survived the season, I realized I'm going to have to live a lot longer than expected to see the Sabres win the Stanley Cup.

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Nice. Need a nut bra yet?

Don't be disappointed--you really should only average 1-2 pounds per week if you hope to keep the weight off, because it signifies sustainable lifestyle changes (in general). Most people who go right for dramatic diet change where the pounds fly off, cannot maintain their lower weight levels because the lifestyle change was too much too fast. Sure there's exceptions, but seriously, slow gradual weight loss is what you want to aim for.

It's been forever since I looked at a post on this board. Too bad for me.

But I'm engaged. And that's awesome. And she's awesome.

Haven't been on in a few days but d4rksabre told me about this- so here's a belated congratulations!!!! Best wishes to both of you!

So d4rksabre and I got our own apartment. No roommates, just us. And we have an alligator shaped toothbrush holder. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is.

That's awesome, PA -- sounds like you're doing it right and making changes you can maintain over the long haul. Good luck!

Haven't been on in a few days but d4rksabre told me about this- so here's a belated congratulations!!!! Best wishes to both of you!

So d4rksabre and I got our own apartment. No roommates, just us. And we have an alligator shaped toothbrush holder. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is.

Very nice!

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes brushes in a gator carriage.

Don't be disappointed--you really should only average 1-2 pounds per week if you hope to keep the weight off, because it signifies sustainable lifestyle changes (in general). Most people who go right for dramatic diet change where the pounds fly off, cannot maintain their lower weight levels because the lifestyle change was too much too fast. Sure there's exceptions, but seriously, slow gradual weight loss is what you want to aim for.

You're right. But it's almost thong season in Northern PA.

Nice. Need a nut bra yet?

For once, I'm speechless.

I met my wife at 8, started dating at 15, married at 22, now 30 with 3 kids.

You got me beat, I met my wife when I was 11. We were acquaintances thru High school, no contact for 15 years, been together for 3 years. As for the age calculation, we're 9 days apart.

Is it just me, or is this thread a real ###### downer lately?

Edit: its probably just me

Yeah, probably. My wedding reception was last Friday (married in February). Roycroft Inn is such a cool place. Then, we closed down Riley St Station and then the East End Grill in EA. Been awhile since I was out drinking and partying until 4AM. Great band playing classic metal though at East End.