What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Hit a really funky little gastropub in Geneva called The Red Dove. Highly recommended. I was all over the map with thier food. They had a gussied up filafel that was fantastic. Raw oysters that tasted like they were surely fresh flown in. Instead of chicken wings they were serving duck wings. OMFG. Fantastic. And while downing a few (ok more than just a few) beers we were munching on deep fried chick peas drizzled with kosher salt, chopped parsley, and Tobasco. Absolutely addicting.

Edited by weave

Hit a really funky little gastropub in Geneva called The Red Dove. Highly recommended. I was all over the map with thier food. They had a gussied up filafel that was fantastic. Raw oysters that tasted like they were surely fresh flown in. Instead of chicken wings they were serving duck wings. OMFG. Fantastic. And while downing a few (ok more than just a few) beers we were munching on deep fried chick peas drizzled with kosher salt, chopped parsley, and Tobasco. Absolutely addicting.

Dude,duck wings...thar sounds so friggen good..were they really expensive? What was the meat like..i know the skin was awesome.

Beer dinne was good, but they had to switch out a few beers. But, the Dubbel with the Ribeye was a standout. First time i have ever had a beer with a steak that i tought was as good or even better than a nice cab.

Dude,duck wings...thar sounds so friggen good..were they really expensive? What was the meat like..i know the skin was awesome.

Beer dinner was good, but they had to switch out a few beers. But, the Dubbel with the Ribeye was a standout. First time i have ever had a beer with a steak that i tought was as good or even better than a nice cab.

If you like duck, you'd like the wings. The skin was nice and crispy and the wings had that typical duck flavor. They were expensive though. $10 got you four wings with a green curry and coconut milk dipping suace.

Steak is a tough match for a beer to stand up to, especially a nice fatty ribeye. I'll have to try a Belgian double paired up.

Real Coca-Cola. The kind made with sugar, and not HFCS. I don't drink soda very often, so when I do, I do it right. Damn, this stuff is good.

I hope you drank it the only proper way ... ice cold straight from the glass bottle (no drinking glass, no ice).

=====

Sunday night ...

Goat roast tonight ... yum yum!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I hope you drank it the only proper way ... ice cold straight from the glass bottle (no drinking glass, no ice).

=====

Sunday night ...

Goat roast tonight ... yum yum!

That's what I miss most about florida other than 74 and sunny all winter......the melting pot of food choices. At the racetrack there would always be good stuff like curried goat for the backside for like $5. There was a blind goat in the barn next to ours and I always wondered how he lasted so long without being lunch. Nasty lil' sob too.....he may have been blind, but he knew where crotch level was in relation to his horns.

• Like (+1) 1

That's what I miss most about florida other than 74 and sunny all winter......the melting pot of food choices. At the racetrack there would always be good stuff like curried goat for the backside for like $5. There was a blind goat in the barn next to ours and I always wondered how he lasted so long without being lunch. Nasty lil' sob too.....he may have been blind, but he knew where crotch level was in relation to his horns.

You must have met the one nasty goat ... all the goats I know are very loving. I love eating goat and lamb, but I don't think about the deed at all ... I could never do it. I take comfort in the fact that our friends raise them with loving kindness and do the slaughter in as gentle ("halal") a way as possible.

So I was at a friend's for the game last night. I watched them pull some wings out of their oven and I had to immediately leave the room.

Oh jeez

we deep fried about 8 LBS of wings for the game, and they were gone before half time (we also had pizza, some chicken wing dip, some spinach artichoke dip, and some other unknown dip that is now in my fridge because it didn't get touched <_< )

So I was at a friend's for the game last night. I watched them pull some wings out of their oven and I had to immediately leave the room.

I've oven roasted wings before. They are passable if that is all you have the capability to do. But on Superbowl Sunday that gets pretty close to sacriledge.

I've oven roasted wings before. They are passable if that is all you have the capability to do. But on Superbowl Sunday that gets pretty close to sacriledge.

Some of the best wings I've ever had were grilled first, sauced, then put in the oven to get a crixp on'em.

Having brick chicken with roasted bruseel sprouts, baby reds and carrots for dinner.

In terms of wings, first let me say frying is always best. Having said that i do use Alton Browns method of steaming the wings first, letting them rest for at least an hour, then putting in a 450 oven..the steaming gets quite a bit of the fat out of the wing, making the baked wing almost taste fried and nice and crisp..or as close to it as you can get.

I also loved the smoked wings..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.