What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Real Coca-Cola. The kind made with sugar, and not HFCS.

Oddly enough, this came up over the weekend. When done in a blind test, it turns out the bottle actually makes the difference. Mexican coke on cans rated lower than HFCS Coke in bottles. I'm not sure if the participants knew about the bottle, or if it's actually related to plastic and aluminum coloring the flavor.

Some of the best wings I've ever had were grilled first, sauced, then put in the oven to get a crixp on'em.

Word. I was skeptical since I had them at a friends house in PA and not Buffalo, but he was right that they are pretty good that way.

Ever wonder why they have just about every fruit flavor of yogurt that you can think of, but not orange? Wonder no more. Actually found some orange yogurt and had it for breakfast. Gross. \

Siggi's (I think, they have it at Wegmans) has a orange ginger flavor that's pretty good. It's also $2.50 per container though.

Vegan Jerky acquired, haven't tasted it yet. I'll not it's not made from tofu but seitan (pronounced "Miro" :)). I'll try it over the weekend while in Buffalo. I mentioned at I got it to a vegetarian friend who remarked, "awww, that's so sweet that you were thinking of me." Uh, yeah of course I was. ;) Thanks SabreSpace!

Edited by MattPie

Vegan Jerky acquired, haven't tasted it yet. I'll not it's not made from tofu but seitan (pronounced "Miro" :)). I'll try it over the weekend while in Buffalo. I mentioned at I got it to a vegetarian friend who remarked, "awww, that's so sweet that you were thinking of me." Uh, yeah of course I was. ;) Thanks SabreSpace!

You know, the stuff I was eating might have been seitan, too.

Or deep fried, shaken in sauce and then grilled. Audubon North on Sweet Home road does their wings this way and dare I say they rival the Bar Bil for the best in WNY. Just awesome.

They may have been cooked in that order when I had them too. It's been about 5 years so the memory could easily be off a bit.

Goat roast last night.

Leftovers (not much) for lunch today.

dude..lamb than goat..in Nova Scotia???what am i missing. I love goat in almost all shapes and forms..including cheese :P

Spaghets with white clam sauce tonight......though I usually like littlenecks and all the fish monger had was cherrystones...give er a go anyway

dude..lamb than goat..in Nova Scotia???what am i missing. I love goat in almost all shapes and forms..including cheese :P

Spaghets with white clam sauce tonight......though I usually like littlenecks and all the fish monger had was cherrystones...give er a go anyway

I PM'd you that we are connected ... :thumbsup:

I don't know what possessed me to try this, but Old Bay on eggs is kinda gross.

Thats cause you are using the wrong seasoning..try one of these instead of Old Bay in every recipe, and especially on crab or steamed shrimp..way better than the Old Bay. Worth evey penny, and the cream of crab soup, for coming out of a can, is excellent.

http://www.wyeriverseasonings.com/

Saturday was always steak night in our house growing up. Course, it was a family steakk, done under theh broiler, and Mom and Dad would always have their Catawba Pink with dinner. Then the old man would take a think piece of Italian bread, but a 1/4 inch slab of butter over the whole thing, then pour the drippings on top..fat on fat!!! He did live to 84 and was never overweight..so there ya go.

Steak frites at home tonight..

Leftover roasted chicken and arugula flatbread pizza (herb chicken, roasted peppers, arugula, and lemon oil) from Macaroni Grill. Yeah, it's a chain restaurant, but some of their food is really good. And since their pizzas are enormous (easily 3 servings), I get to enjoy it tomorrow as well!

Last night:

--Miniature "bread bowl" (like a hollowed-out small roll) filled with chicken chili.

--Poached pears stuffed with pistachios and marscapone cheese, then wrapped in prosciutto and roasted.

--Seared, seasame-crusted ahi tuna served with beef tenderloin tempura "sushi" rolls.

Damn, that was one good din.

Last night:

--Miniature "bread bowl" (like a hollowed-out small roll) filled with chicken chili.

--Poached pears stuffed with pistachios and marscapone cheese, then wrapped in prosciutto and roasted.

--Seared, seasame-crusted ahi tuna served with beef tenderloin tempura "sushi" rolls.

Damn, that was one good din.

Wow, that does sound good. Did you cook, or eat out?

For me, late brunch today included:

- blood orange mimosas

- Sambazon acai juice

- egg omelet with fancy truffle cheese and a little bit of truffle oil

- buckwheat pancake

- 1/2 pear, 1/2 banana

- Liberte wild blackberry yogurt

That was worth waiting for until this afternoon.

Wow, that does sound good. Did you cook, or eat out?

For me, late brunch today included:

- blood orange mimosas

- Sambazon acai juice

- egg omelet with fancy truffle cheese and a little bit of truffle oil

- buckwheat pancake

- 1/2 pear, 1/2 banana

- Liberte wild blackberry yogurt

That was worth waiting for until this afternoon.

1. Did you really need to ask that question?

2. That sounds like a kickass brunch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.