What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Heh. Looks like we've successfully converted Bio to whiskey.

Made chili with a new twist for me. Usually when I make venison chili I use 50/50 venison and beef. Today I used 2/3 beef and 1/3 venison breakfast sausage (really, the only seasonings in it seem to be sage and pepper). Used several roasted and peeled poblanos as well. Pinto and black beans. And a homemade chili powder mix I ground fresh from dried anchos, pasillas, morabito jalapenos, a dried habenero, and a dried birds eye chile. Turned out delicious but the wife is complaining about the heat. It is a bit of head sweater.

Also finished up making dinners for the rest of the week, Italian chicken stew, roasted a corned beef brisket, and made a roasted poblano chicken salad.

We went to view a special screening of an Italian movie last night. It was a historical documentary about an Italian man in Budapest in 1944. The Russians had surrounded the city by then and the Germans were in panic mode. A remarkable story of a remarkable man who saved over 5,200 Jews from certain death by his wits. Since he faught for Franco during the Spanish Civil War he officially became a Spanish citizen. He pretended to be a Spanish diplomat at the embassy and gave shelter to the Jews. An incedible story.

After the film we went to our friends gourmet pizza shop. No other (fast food chain garbage) comes even close.

I don't know what possessed me to try this, but Old Bay on eggs is kinda gross.

I kinda like it, picked it up when I was living down in Maryland.

Vegan Jerky acquired, haven't tasted it yet. I'll not it's not made from tofu but seitan (pronounced "Miro" :)). I'll try it over the weekend while in Buffalo. I mentioned at I got it to a vegetarian friend who remarked, "awww, that's so sweet that you were thinking of me." Uh, yeah of course I was. ;) Thanks SabreSpace!

So I picked up the two kinds they had at my Wegmans, Primal brand's Teriyaki and Thai Peanut. Since I only have a sample set of one package each, results may vary. Tried the Teriyaki first. The texture similar to a thickly sliced piece of deli-ham. A little chew to it, but not like real jerky. The Thai Peanut was far better, spicy, and thicker cut (not sure if that's a variation by package or flavor), and more chew to it. Still not "chew on it for 5 minutes", but better. I'd have it again, but it's not 'the real thing'.

Warning to all the "real men" out there: I believe it was stated that "real men" wouldn't be found in the same aisle as this product, so you better avoid the snack and energy bar areas in the hippie section of your local Wegmans and Tops. There's other seitan and tofu products around there too, you better avoid the whole area. Leave all the yummy food for the rest of us. :)

Oatmeal, the food of the unemployed.

I eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning in my office.

Warning to all the "real men" out there: I believe it was stated that "real men" wouldn't be found in the same aisle as this product, so you better avoid the snack and energy bar areas in the hippie section of your local Wegmans and Tops. There's other seitan and tofu products around there too, you better avoid the whole area. Leave all the yummy food for the rest of us. :)

Wait, wait, wait............................... hippie food section? :doh:

Edited by weave

Garlic Hummus and tortilla chips. I can't seem to stop eating today. It's one of those days.

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Monday's! ;)

Had a Chicken Ceasar salad and an orange from Weggies for lunch. Wasn't feelin the pizza, and had no desire to stand in the sub/wrap line.

Going out for Mexican with the Girlfriend tonight. She has a place in mind (no idea where she is taking me...).

Am I the only flamer that is going to tailgate for the Westminster Dog Show tonight?

I'm headed to Wegman's for some goodies.

Yes. Maybe you should check out that "jerky" in the hippie aisle. :P

Another gym night for me. Poblano chicken salad over a big bed of mixed greens.

Yes. Maybe you should check out that "jerky" in the hippie aisle. :P

Another gym night for me. Poblano chicken salad over a big bed of mixed greens.

Westminster Odds:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/nbcsports/sections/_components/odds2012.pdf

I love watching this, both for the dog aspect and just to select on sight. Symmetry and class are universal. Speaking of which, a few of the handlers could make it to the breasts thread.....actually, 80% of them could, but you probably only want to see 5%.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.