Regier Looking to Deal: LeBrun

HopefulFuture

I think size and toughness should be one of the first steps in "rebuilding". I hate that word. In hockey, a team should never really be in rebuilding. It doesn't take much to get a team into the top 8 in their conference. With Vanek, Myers, Pommer, Miller and the young core in Rochester that we have I wouldn't say we're rebuilding, I'd say we're trying to change the atmosphere a bit.

From this B-)to this :angry: . sign me up!

go sabres

I think size and toughness should be one of the first steps in "rebuilding". I hate that word. In hockey, a team should never really be in rebuilding. It doesn't take much to get a team into the top 8 in their conference. With Vanek, Myers, Pommer, Miller and the young core in Rochester that we have I wouldn't say we're rebuilding, I'd say we're trying to change the atmosphere a bit.

Saw Parros last summer when the Annaheim Ducks were at my gym (during the playoff series in Nashville)... he and Andy Sutton were absolutely massive human beings. Were flipping a 400 lb. tractor tire like it was nothing.

Parros' twitter page! https://twitter.com/#!/stache16

Didn't know where to post this. I just spoke to a person who seems credible and is close to the situation, who tells me the Sabres are very close to trading Derek Roy to the San Jose Sharks for Tim Kennedy. Obviously, there must be more to it then this, but he has no idea what else would be added. But, he said teams have talked for several days and Sharks got Kennedy to add him to this deal.

I've been wrong before (Miller out for season rumor i posted last year), so take it for what it's worth. I just couldn't not post something like this for you guys on this great forum.

I've been thinking about this all day and couldn't wait to post it (i wasn't home earlier) but if i had a guess, it'd say Ryane Clowe + Kennedy for Roy.

Clowe works out with Luke Adam in the offseason. They're from the same town in Canada. Maybe they want to reunite them in the not-offseason?

Nah, makes too much sense. Plus, I don't think Darcy Regier even exists. He's just a character played by an actor that the team sometimes rolls out to mess with us.

Clowe works out with Luke Adam in the offseason. They're from the same town in Canada. Maybe they want to reunite them in the not-offseason?

Nah, makes too much sense. Plus, I don't think Darcy Regier even exists. He's just a character played by an actor that the team sometimes rolls out to mess with us.

haha interesting. I was going more for the fact that we need size, that Sharks were shopping Clowe earlier in the season and that Clowe and Roy make similar amount of money left on their contracts.

Yea it's a shame that DR is home rearranging his stamp collection and coordinating his underwater drawer.

That made me laugh, especially since I can clearly visualize it!

My biggest frustration, as it seems also that of most of the esteemed regular posters here, is that the Sabres management continues to play their fiddles while the obvious shortcomings of the franchise rage in flames for all to see.

It is not the injuries.

It is not that the new faces need time to build chemistry.

The occasional eked out victory is not a sign that things are turning around.

This Sabres team is not competitive in today's NHL.

I do not pretend to have the answers, but like most I do have some strong opinions. To me, the place to start turning it around would be an acknowledgement by Black (for Pegula) that the product being foist upon the loyal and frustrated fans is not acceptible and that there will be changes made. I would even feel better if they told us that it might not happen until the offseason, because clearly this season is a wash already.

Telling us to be patient with the status quo insults our hockey IQ and stokes the fires of resentment!

I would demand an Ivy League round table type Buffalo sports show hosted by Paros and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

They could do math problems to finish the show.

Just spitballing, but did Kennedy play center at all while here? In the speculated deal could be a short term replacement for Roy at center.

Crickets are getting louder. Common Regier don't just do something, stand there.

They could do math problems to finish the show.

Just spitballing, but did Kennedy play center at all while here? In the speculated deal could be a short term replacement for Roy at center.

Yes he did and played center in college too. Just not big enough or fast enough to stay up. But unlike the others he is a good set up man. He always was a good passer imo and the Sabres could use one now.

So much for those rumors of "Roysie" going to Chicago. Better to be patient and hold out for the better deal, right Darcy? :doh:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=386262

Is an AHL defenseman (which the Sabres have plenty of) what you wanted back for Roy in a trade? Because it looks like that's what Chicago was willing to give. Even with Darcy being Darcy, it does take two to make a deal.

Is an AHL defenseman (which the Sabres have plenty of) what you wanted back for Roy in a trade? Because it looks like that's what Chicago was willing to give. Even with Darcy being Darcy, it does take two to make a deal.

A 25 year old ahl defenseman at that

No, and you know that was not the point of my post.

Archived