Regier Looking to Deal: LeBrun

HopefulFuture

The problem is that I get my hopes up when I see a new post in this thread. It seems like there are plenty of other places that the team's softness could be discussed... Without loading the list, I would say the Lindy on the hotseat or It all started with Lucic threads would be better.

When the topic is about one of the persons who should be able to effect change the thread is bound to turn towards those things that need changing.

When the topic is about one of the persons who should be able to effect change the thread is bound to turn towards those things that need changing.

Exactly. This is Regier's and Ruff's creation, and they have been in control for 15 years. They are responsible for every single player in the entire organization(Buffalo, Rochester, Juinors, Colleges and Europe). They have no one to blame for the style of players that they have. Is there anyone left from before they came? Did past ownership tell them to bring in softer players because they are cheaper? There is no logic to that. This should be the culmination of their vision. I find impossible to get excited about what Darcy MIGHT do! I just would like to see him move on and be thanked for his service.

So Regier's looking to deal, you say? How fascinating. I wonder what color shoes he's wearing right now. Regier, I mean. Not LeBrun. But speaking of LeBrun, I used to know a guy named LeGault. Think he was from Halifax. And if I'm remembering correctly, he had a sister named Darcy. Coulda been Darcie. It was a long time ago, though, so don't hold me to it. Or was it Marcie?...God I hope not. That would belong in an entirely new thread. But anyway, this guy LeGault, he used to like cards. Which reminds me. I hear Regier is looking to deal.

"Detroit scout Kirk Maltby was in the building Wednesday, a point only made significant by the fact he was in Montreal watching the Sabres on Tuesday."

http://www.buffalone...ticle719743.ece

I always thought it would be cool to get Miller's brother, Drew. He'd be relatively cheap I assume, probably just a "throw in" piece in a slightly bigger deal. Assuming they have a good relationship, maybe it would give Ryan a sense of comfort in a way. I donno.

I always thought it would be cool to get Miller's brother, Drew. He'd be relatively cheap I assume, probably just a "throw in" piece in a slightly bigger deal. Assuming they have a good relationship, maybe it would give Ryan a sense of comfort in a way. I donno.

Or ...

Maybe the other way around ... Ryan will be joining Drew.

If Pegula really wants to make the Sabres family, they can trade for Drew, and make a deal with Ottawa for Foligno (Roys from ottawa, maybe he would like to play at home?). Then make a move with teh Canucks for the Sedin twins.

A quick glance at the Red Wings roster produced an above-average # of players that I would want on the Sabres, not necessarily high priced "big name" guys either. Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller, Hudler, Helm... and obviously Franzen and Filpulla but I doubt they are going anywhere. I don't want to speculate what the price would be for these guys but I wouldn't mind acquiring any one of them.

I would assume Detroit is scouting defensive players. Their offense works well but guys like Lidstrom are getting old. I'd imagine someone like Ehrhoff or even Myers is who they're looking at.

I agree with this sentiment. There is no way Derek Roy fits into the Detroit system, I just don't see it. I do see Detroit looking for Defense though.

I would assume Detroit is scouting defensive players. Their offense works well but guys like Lidstrom are getting old. I'd imagine someone like Ehrhoff or even Myers is who they're looking at.

Don't know if they have that kind of cap room for those players (although I would assume that every team would be out to scout them and want to try to get them). I would think they may be interested more in Leopold, or Sekera type defencemen right now. Most of the rumors/speculation I have heard about the Wings is that they may want a backup for Howard to replace Conklin. Who knows, maybe they are looking to see if they could get Miller? Would be funny to see them make a deal that would include swapping the Miller brothers

I agree with this sentiment. There is no way Derek Roy fits into the Detroit system, I just don't see it. I do see Detroit looking for Defense though.

Jimmy Howard has had to win a number of multi-goal against games this year. His GAA and SV% don't match his win numbers. I imagine Detroit would like to make that adjustment.

I think Sekera would be the guy they'd be looking at. His price tag and skating ability would fit Detroit.

I don't think Darcy will deal with Detroit after that Hasek 'trade'.

Hasek controlled who was coming back in the deal. Just a crappy situation, and the only way to avoid it would have been to pay Dom money the team really didn't have at the time. I'm still a little pissed at Hasek and a lot pissed at Kozlov over that.

Edit: And yeah, what Dark said, too.

Archived