Stafford needs to go

Eleven

I hate myself for even responding to this "idea," but (i) there is NFW Chicago is going to trade Kane and (ii) if by some miracle all of the decision-makers in Chicago contracted severe dementia and decided to trade him, there is no forward on the Sabres that would make any Sabre decision maker say "sorry, we don't have room for Kane."

You have no love for Vanek - I have no love for Kane. Vanek has been and will continue to be a more productive scorer than Kane, without ever having played with a center of Toews' caliber. Any other forward, I'm all over it, but I wouldn't trade Vanek for Kane.

I bet Regier and company agree with me.

Edited by korab rules

Burn.

The water was great.

IMHO, I think your "fandom" for Kane in a Sabre sweater is blurring your sense of trade equality. To make things fair, you should attempt to play the GM of the team you're hoping trades with Buffalo, then ask yourself if you'd give Kane away for a guy like Pommers.

The answer is, without a boubt, NO.

The disclaimer in the original post:

"I am sure there are a lot of problems that would make this deal impossible; I can think of a couple:"

Prior to writing the post, I listened to the WGR Kane interview, and I could Imagine Paul H. drooling over the prospect of Kane coming to play for Buffalo one day.

First of all I will not even pretend that I know anything about trades, and the mechanisms behind them.

To me it all seems a bit convoluted.

I think it is humorus when they use words like "considerations"; to me that word is a bit ambiguous.

Considerations: Darcy get's put up in a hotel in downtown New York City with a harem of prostitutes.

Think HHHHAAAAPPPPYYY thoughts.

It's the All Star Break

Edited by hockeyhound
  • Like (+1) 1

You have no love for Vanek - I have no love for Kane. Vanek has been and will continue to be a more productive scorer than Kane, without ever having played with a center of Toews' caliber. Any other forward, I'm all over it, but I wouldn't trade Vanek for Kane.

Usually, one wants to put something at the end of their statement that STRENGTHENS their point of view....

I hate myself for even responding to this "idea," but (i) there is NFW Chicago is going to trade Kane and (ii) if by some miracle all of the decision-makers in Chicago contracted severe dementia and decided to trade him, there is no forward on the Sabres that would make any Sabre decision maker say "sorry, we don't have room for Kane."

Usually, one wants to put something at the end of their statement that STRENGTHENS their point of view....

It wasn't cited to give strengthen my point, but to refute his that no Sabre decision maker would refuse any forward in trade for Kane. Thanks for chiming in.

It wasn't cited to give strengthen my point, but to refute his that no Sabre decision maker would refuse any forward in trade for Kane. Thanks for chiming in.

Although I would trade Vanek for Kane in a heartbeat, and I suspect most GMs would too, my original point was a bit different. I meant that there is no forward on the Sabres who would make DR say "well, we already have XXX, so we don't have room for Kane in our lineup."

Although I would trade Vanek for Kane in a heartbeat, and I suspect most GMs would too, my original point was a bit different. I meant that there is no forward on the Sabres who would make DR say "well, we already have XXX, so we don't have room for Kane in our lineup."

Do you really think Vin Diesel would make a really good Hockey Player? He might draw in a larger female crowd to games, and I'm sure his hockey playing skills have to be better then his acting abilities........

just checking in to keep the thread going. Stafford must go.

yeah but it's not happening until the trade deadline. I'm holding out hope that the team is waiting for the deadline frenzy to sell off peices to get a higher return.

and in typical buffalo fashion, I would be more surprised if something actually happens than nothing. :bag:

I'll buy the argument that there's no foward on the Sabres roster who would make you, I or anyone other than Darcy say "Well, we already have ***, so we don't have room for Kane".

Don't be so sure about Darcy though - I'm sure he views Stafford or Ennis as the equivalent of Kane.

• Like (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving aside Stafford's performanc/contract/other issues, did anyone notice last night in the 2nd period, shortly after Philly tied it, when Lindy was yelling at Stafford on the bench and Stafford was kinda yelling back & kinda blowing him off (or at least it appeared that way on TV)?

He's either gotta be healthy-scratched or traded ASAP.

Leaving aside Stafford's performanc/contract/other issues, did anyone notice last night in the 2nd period, shortly after Philly tied it, when Lindy was yelling at Stafford on the bench and Stafford was kinda yelling back & kinda blowing him off (or at least it appeared that way on TV)?

Darcy doesn't know what ASAP means.

Unless you know what was said, how can you prescribe the consequences?

Saw it. I agree. His continued poor performance this season is really screwing up any trade value he might have too. Really frustrating for me to watch because I wanted them to move him last season.

I hate being so right. :devil:

I did not notice this, but I've heard about it (last night on here and then this morning on GR) and I want to see it.

I guess in the argument with Lindy it depends on which side you weigh in on.

If you think Ruff is done as a coach then perhaps you want Stafford yelling back. Perhaps you want Stafford telling Ruff that he sucks and his system is killing the team.

if you think Ruff needs better players then you think Stafford is the problem and needs to go.

If you think they both need to go then it was just pure entertainment to see two guys going at it.

If you think they both need to stay, well.... let's not go there.

If you think Ruff is done as a coach then perhaps you want Stafford yelling back. Perhaps you want Stafford telling Ruff that he sucks and his system is killing the team.

if you think Ruff needs better players then you think Stafford is the problem and needs to go.

If you think they both need to go then it was just pure entertainment to see two guys going at it.

I don't know, I don't think even the biggest Ruff hater alive would have the audacity to say "Look! Lindy can't get Stafford to care, I told you he sucks as a coach!" as an argument against Ruff. If it were another player, then yea. But Stafford?

I found the whole exchange rather entertaining. I guess you've nailed my POV. :P