F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Now I'm just waiting with anticipation until later this evening when my dad gets to open his b-day / Father's day gift from my brother and I. We got him a gift certificate for two to take a hot air balloon ride over Letchworth State Park. :)

Awesome. We bought my Dad the same thing a couple years ago and he absolutely LOVED it. :thumbsup:

Awesome. We bought my Dad the same thing a couple years ago and he absolutely LOVED it. :thumbsup:

Good to hear! I'm kind of jealous, actually... I've been on balloon rides in AZ before (definitely awesome), but I still haven't been to Letchworth and it looks beautiful.

I haven't gotten the "official" word from HR yet, but my boss told me on Wed. that our department approved a 10% raise for me, effective July 1. :D After the nonsense at my annual review I really wasn't expecting anything, so I'm pretty floored that he actually pushed to get this done.

My wife, who stopped working when our son was born and went back part time about 4 years ago found out today she is getting a full time position and promotion. She's got mixed feelings about going back to 40hrs per week but I'm ecstatic. I took a bit of a paycut with my last job. This gets us even again.

My wife, who stopped working when our son was born and went back part time about 4 years ago found out today she is getting a full time position and promotion. She's got mixed feelings about going back to 40hrs per week but I'm ecstatic. I took a bit of a paycut with my last job. This gets us even again.

That's great news; congrats to her!

Why, it's graduation day.

The girl got a job, she starts Monday. I am extremely happy for her.

Congrats all around! Seems late for graduation, though... isn't that normally early June?

For me: today is the first day of my boss's vacation, extending through all of next week. The stinky co-worker has been scarce while he "stays home writing" (yeah, right) and the other coworker is out as well, so I've got the place to myself. And the weather is beautiful here today. Bring on the weekend!

Congrats all around! Seems late for graduation, though... isn't that normally early June?

For me: today is the first day of my boss's vacation, extending through all of next week. The stinky co-worker has been scarce while he "stays home writing" (yeah, right) and the other coworker is out as well, so I've got the place to myself. And the weather is beautiful here today. Bring on the weekend!

we go later, I think, than most schools. Thank you. Though I haven't had time to post much, I still love reading what people have to say here.

It's a lovely day.

For a woman who loves soap operas, this next week of the NHL is going to be fantastic.

lol

The girl is loving her new job. She gets to go to the Bahamas in October for it. She said they are trying to get it to be a +1 trip... 4 day all expense paid trip to Atlantis... yes please. Also she finished her first week today and is coming back into town tonight.. kinda forgot what it was like to miss someone :blush:

Not so fantastic..... just found out an hour ago that a project we just started this morning needs to be shipped by noon Monday. I'll be working late. And probably tomorrow too. Oh, and it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow. :(

Not so fantastic..... just found out an hour ago that a project we just started this morning needs to be shipped by noon Monday. I'll be working late. And probably tomorrow too. Oh, and it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow. :(

That sucks man. Good news is your company has work. I hope the wife understands and I hope you get done in time for a nice cold Beer this weekend. take luck.