F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Meh

You can stuff that Meh in a sack, mister. There's a 3 day weekend rounding the corner. If you're lucky enough to live in NYS then you can buy booze anywhere. You don't need to truck off to the package store.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Beer!

Mmmmmmmmmm. Friday!

You can stuff that Meh in a sack, mister. There's a 3 day weekend rounding the corner. If you're lucky enough to live in NYS then you can buy booze anywhere. You don't need to truck off to the package store.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Beer!

Mmmmmmmmmm. Friday!

Double Meh

3 day weekend? More like work every day all day-kend.

I hate that anyone has to work on Labor Day. It has a very rich history with many violent struggles along the way. A great many folks wanted it to be in May to honor the May Day massacre. For political reasons it was settled to be in September. The labor movement in this country became the model for middle class power for the entire world. It's a shame that we step away from it as other countries embrace it. A powerful middle class breeds a wealth of ingenuity that hierarchy cannot match. The more we allow the nations wealth to be held in so few hands the more we weaken the foundation of what most of us as born citizens know as "American ". I'll be spending my quite solemn hours I devote to my own personal reverence thinking of you and all the other poor souls who are neglected from the celebration. It really meant to honor you.

I hate that anyone has to work on Labor Day. It has a very rich history with many violent struggles along the way. A great many folks wanted it to be in May to honor the May Day massacre. For political reasons it was settled to be in September. The labor movement in this country became the model for middle class power for the entire world. It's a shame that we step away from it as other countries embrace it. A powerful middle class breeds a wealth of ingenuity that hierarchy cannot match. The more we allow the nations wealth to be held in so few hands the more we weaken the foundation of what most of us as born citizens know as "American ". I'll be spending my quite solemn hours I devote to my own personal reverence thinking of you and all the other poor souls who are neglected from the celebration. It really meant to honor you.

I agree with you generally, but some of us can't help it lest society burn to the ground. Still, I get my holiday at some point later on, it's all good. I say the same about Thanksgivng, Christmas, and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic for me is that so far I am able to follow hockey and post here despite being in school which I wasn't sure about happening before I got here. I don't have any other hobbies and I don't do social activities, but so far I've been able to juggle things. I'm sure I'll bomb my midterms and have to reevaluate, but for now  :thumbsup: 

Not only that, I bet I get to see ~60 Sabres games this year. 

Not sure that this is fantastic for anyone else here though :lol:

Fantastic for me is that so far I am able to follow hockey and post here despite being in school which I wasn't sure about happening before I got here. I don't have any other hobbies and I don't do social activities, but so far I've been able to juggle things. I'm sure I'll bomb my midterms and have to reevaluate, but for now :thumbsup:

Not only that, I bet I get to see ~60 Sabres games this year.

Not sure that this is fantastic for anyone else here though :lol:

No this is definitely good. You're an excellent contributor.