F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

The Bell Network is back up ... no cell, or email and no voice mail on my office phone.

Whatever ...

Went to Friday Prayers and the 'guest Imam' (our usual Imam is in Palestine with his family) did the sermon only in Arabic.  I like him a lot, but you speak English very goodly, man.  Opps not supposed to be critical.

Anyway, it's a long weekend here ... Natal Day (after being here almost 20 years I still have no idea why we are celebrating Natals and what the heck a Natal is, but whatever).  Sidney is turning 30 on Monday and he is going to be the grand marshal of the big parade and he brought the cup with him ... #yawn.

The training that was scheduled for 8am-5pm today finished at noon... F'N Fantastic.  (Now why can't I just be irresponsible and start the weekend early instead of coming back to work??)    :wacko:  <_<

Edited by biodork

My wife is back to work and working with the mentally disabled and that is f'n fantastic! It's her passion. She'll be smiling every day, to and from work. She's working a job she loves and that means very little complaining in our house.

Last day of one of the crappiest summers on record. It's funny how some guys seem to get injured and go out on long term disability only during the summer. And when they come back, they still have all their vacation days to use. Haven't had a day off in four months and a bunch of six day work weeks.

Well, F it. Off all next week and heading up to the Adirondacks. I may never come back.

One of my closest coworkers left our organization recently. It's not fantastic that she's gone, because I definitely miss having her around. But she absolutely needed out of this place. Didn't see eye to eye with her manager, and didn't enjoy the work she was doing.

What is fantastic is this: she's enjoying life again. Another coworker grabbed lunch with her, and she was just full of life and wore a smile that had long been buried. I haven't seen her in person, but the change of tone in her texting is enough for me to tell that she's happier. And that's pretty cool!