F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Dat's me

In all seriousness I like it here. But I <3 WNY.

So I guess I'm due south of you.

I went through a mini mid-life crisis recently where I was really missing WNY and even went through a phase where Canada seemed like a pretty great place to live.  There's just something about northern climes that.... well... I mean, It's home, right?

I live in Fort Worth now and this is my home, but for a week or two I thought that was a big mistake.  But here we are getting winter weather, which means 45 and rainy and suddenly Texas isn't so bad after all.

I went through a mini mid-life crisis recently where I was really missing WNY and even went through a phase where Canada seemed like a pretty great place to live.  There's just something about northern climes that.... well... I mean, It's home, right?

I live in Fort Worth now and this is my home, but for a week or two I thought that was a big mistake.  But here we are getting winter weather, which means 45 and rainy and suddenly Texas isn't so bad after all.

This is exactly why I'm never living anywhere north of where I do now, and am wondering if I didn't go far enough south.  Snow twice a year is still two times too many...

45 and Rainy is the worst weather. Anything warmer or colder is better. 

If I go South going full west coast, San Diego area... 2 hours to skiing if I need snow during the winter but mostly sunny. Cool late winter, but Santa Annas keep it warm thru December... And there is the beach... Not as much personality... to much military for all that but still Encinitas is a town time forgot.

This is actually the first year I'm excited for winter. Need to change things up a bit and slow down; winter does just that

That's what I like about winter. The weather outside is crappy and cold which motivates me to put more time in at work on side projects, or at home reading or playing with a new hobby. Plus I can get back to playing hockey which is my preferred exercise. Winter is nice and I don't know if I could ever live somewhere without a change in seasons. It's worth the hassle of snow and coats and boots. 

That's what I like about winter. The weather outside is crappy and cold which motivates me to put more time in at work on side projects, or at home reading or playing with a new hobby. Plus I can get back to playing hockey which is my preferred exercise. Winter is nice and I don't know if I could ever live somewhere without a change in seasons. It's worth the hassle of snow and coats and boots.

True...

Plus sledding with my boys and now skiing...

A friend of ours gave us a bunch of liquor (they're moving), but it's almost all college-level sweet nonsense[0] (Midori, Goldschlager, Buttershots, etc.); Can't turn down free alcohol, but yikes. Some of it is getting dumped.

[0] I'd call it girlie, but that's a disservice to the women I know; they like better booze than this.

I’ll start by thanking nfreeman for the kind gesture last week. You’re a good man, Mr. nfreeman.

I finally met the one neighbor I haven’t met since we built the house 5 yrs ago. Her husband lost his fight with cancer right around the time we moved in. Two small boys. Anyways the little guys play hockey. Probably around nine and seven yrs old. I’d had plans on doing a diy ice rink this year and instantly have two regulars. I saw a plan for a pvc rink online that’s easy and reusable. The one little dude had a Rangers tuque on so I razzed him a little. He was all smiles. It’s not right that these boys don’t have their father. I’d be more than happy to skate around and play hockey with these little dudes.

Currently sitting in the tub in the middle of lake effect. Two nice Friday’s in a row!

I come hooooome tomorrow!

Of course, a professor decided not to give us a homework assignment this past Monday, but gave it to us Wednesday, due this coming Monday, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so I was given 2 days to do an assignment in a class that usually takes me all 7 days to complete homeworks for. I'm dying

But then I can come home!

Though it is 70 and sunny here right now. 

My 18-year-old is a finalist for a position where she will do the same job she is doing now at twice the pay.

From $11 an hour to $21.

She’d be moving to new, busier location in a unionized setting.

She’s been working so hard and being so thrifty to pay for her education and this would be such a huge boost. It’s on campus and could remain available for as long as she’s a student.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by dudacek

I come hooooome tomorrow!

Of course, a professor decided not to give us a homework assignment this past Monday, but gave it to us Wednesday, due this coming Monday, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning, so I was given 2 days to do an assignment in a class that usually takes me all 7 days to complete homeworks for. I'm dying

But then I can come home!

Though it is 70 and sunny here right now. 

I hope to one day hate where I live so much that I too am this excited to come back :lol: :beer:

My 18-year-old is a finalist for a position where she will do the same job she is doing now at twice the pay.

From $11 an hour to $21.

She’s been working so hard and being so thrifty to pay for her education and this would be such a huge boost. It’s on campus and could remain available for as long as she’s a student.

Fingers crossed.

Hope it works out for her

Edited by WildCard

From $11 an hour to $21.

Fingers crossed.

That's great news! She'll be making more at 18 than I was at 28.  :)

From $11 an hour to $21.

Fingers crossed.

Fingers and toes!

Our new employee finally started today, and she is awesome... she totally fits with my other coworker and I personality-wise, and is very motivated to learn and take on some responsibility.  So glad we didn't hire one of the many "eh, maybe" candidates who applied and instead waited the extra several weeks (the job was originally posted in early August).  I'm very optimistic that she can help lighten my workload and get our group where we need to be over the next few weeks.

Visiting family in Boston for the holiday so we went down to City Hall plaza that go skating. I haven’t been on ice in 20 yrs and had the dullest skates I’ve ever been on but I still got it baby! Even got a few “Go Sabres” as I flew around.

Best part....

The friggin Stanley Cup is here at the park!

It is absolutely beautiful....we don’t really have time to wait in line for a picture though. Guess I’ll have to wait for a couple years when it’s in Buffalo...

I'm going to avoid the Sabres like the plague this weekend, and will be spending it (my first weekend without work or child in about six months) doing something. I don't know what yet, I'm being surprised. Have been told I'll enjoy it and I had best be ready by 6:00.

This has the potential to be fantastic...