F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I've got a pretty decent lineup this weekend (as it involves no kids for a day and a half).

Not much planned for tonight but tomorrow night my brother got us Raptors tickets sitting in the lower bowl.  We're right by the one net in the section in which you get those streamers to distract the opposing free throw shooters.  Haven't been to a Raps game in probably 3 or 4 years.  Then it's out for drinks in T.O. and back to his place later for some drinking darts.  Then on Sunday I'm taking the family to the Generals game.  Team is only a shadow of the Memorial Cup team from last year but with the Sabres off for a week, I need my hockey fix somehow.

Today is my last day at my current role at my employer. Starting Monday I will be moving into a new (promotion) role with added responsibilities etc. Because I am moving locations, today is effectively a "farewell tour" day for me. Heading to a offsite farewell lunch at noon today at 716, and then there is a happy hour scheduled to start at 3pm at Pan Am Grill in the Hotel Lafayette. 

Having what amounts to a half-day of work on your last day sounds pretty good to me. :beer:

Headed to NYC this weekend to see a friend before she moves back to the Philippines. Hoping to get some work done on the 14+ hours of train travel ahead of me. Haven't traveled Amtrak in awhile, hope there's power outlets! 

Headed to NYC this weekend to see a friend before she moves back to the Philippines. Hoping to get some work done on the 14+ hours of train travel ahead of me. Haven't traveled Amtrak in awhile, hope there's power outlets! 

You can drink on the train!

There were on the train I rode back in 2013.

Whirlpool of emotions lately but really excited for the next few months and 2016...

Had mentioned my long-term relationship before (three years) on here, but a few months ago we decided it was time to let it go. Absolutely nothing we could do to keep it alive with her parents having a true stranglehold on the next 4-6 years of her life... Wouldve married that girl. What a fantastic human.

But luckily I've got distractions and people around me to help. Getting a roommate tomorrow. College buddy. Will be nice to not live alone right now and for at least the next year. Have been packing like a madman the last few days and started cleaning out the fridge when I realized there was a perfectly good six-pack in there... Drunk packing was a blast (although I fear the unpacking of whatever concoction is in these boxes). Will take the time to enjoy what I can in the coming months.

Whirlpool of emotions lately but really excited for the next few months and 2016...

Had mentioned my long-term relationship before (three years) on here, but a few months ago we decided it was time to let it go. Absolutely nothing we could do to keep it alive with her parents having a true stranglehold on the next 4-6 years of her life... Wouldve married that girl. What a fantastic human.

But luckily I've got distractions and people around me to help. Getting a roommate tomorrow. College buddy. Will be nice to not live alone right now and for at least the next year. Have been packing like a madman the last few days and started cleaning out the fridge when I realized there was a perfectly good six-pack in there... Drunk packing was a blast (although I fear the unpacking of whatever concoction is in these boxes). Will take the time to enjoy what I can in the coming months.

It's good to hear that you're moving forward. Broken hearts heal. There's more happiness in you're future. Ebb and flow my young friend.

Now I'll address you're drunk packing. It will be fun to discover how you decided to do things. I was once stuck with PBnJ on pumpernickel at lunch at a site that was impossible to leave at lunch because I drunk packed my lunch the night before.

Sorry to hear, Hoss, but good on you for moving forward (not on - nods to Eleven) and dealing with things in a healthy way. Don't live your life on hold, but who knows what might happen down the line? Your paths will cross again if it's meant to be.

For me:

- After a very busy Jan., my apartment is my own again and I can finally sleep in tomorrow for the first time since New Year's.

- Finally have time to go snowboarding again on Sunday after a long hiatus.

- My friend and original snowboarding buddy from PA is coming for a visit in late Feb.

- The same friend was in a terrible car accident last night after being hit by a drunk driver, but is thankfully (and amazingly) unharmed.

- The crazy manager has been a decent human being for the last 3 weeks, which is making work far more tolerable (even if the work is still incredibly boring).

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Time will slowly make things easier (definitely slowly ha).

As for the drunk packing - I woke up to discover that, while preparing to pack bathroom supplies, I decided shampoo and body wash should be kept in the fridge. Good start to the day of packing.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Time will slowly make things easier (definitely slowly ha).

As for the drunk packing - I woke up to discover that, while preparing to pack bathroom supplies, I decided shampoo and body wash should be kept in the fridge. Good start to the day of packing.

I'll have what he's having

• 2 weeks later...

Today is my last day at the company I've been with for the last 14 years. It's bittersweet leaving the corporate behemoth world and the bit of security it has provided, to join a small company that has some boom or bust potential. They're bumping my pay 20% and are giving me options that could yield a nice nest egg should the company ultimately get bought, but there's also the risk everything could go to pot. Ultimately I decided that I was stagnating in my current role and it was time for some risk.

I had my exit interview, and although I could have lambasted some people and practices, I decided to take the high road and not risk burning any bridges, but oh man was it ever tempting.

About an hour to go and I'll be heading down the street to the pub with a few, now former, co-workers to enjoy some beers. F'N fantastic!

Today is my last day at the company I've been with for the last 14 years. It's bittersweet leaving the corporate behemoth world and the bit of security it has provided, to join a small company that has some boom or bust potential. They're bumping my pay 20% and are giving me options that could yield a nice nest egg should the company ultimately get bought, but there's also the risk everything could go to pot. Ultimately I decided that I was stagnating in my current role and it was time for some risk.

I had my exit interview, and although I could have lambasted some people and practices, I decided to take the high road and not risk burning any bridges, but oh man was it ever tempting.

About an hour to go and I'll be heading down the street to the pub with a few, now former, co-workers to enjoy some beers. F'N fantastic!

:beer:

'Grats, man.