F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

My wife has those same 2 weeks as of right now.  I'm working Monday, but I'm taking the rest as vacation as well.  I was going to take monday too, but we have a Christmas lunch for my main project group that day and you better believe I'm showing up for the free lunch.  The timing of this break could not be any better.  We have a pain in the ass project ongoing right now that is about to reach a breaking point.  The entire staff can only be accused of being incompetent so many times before they lose their mind.

Holiday work party this afternoon, then two days away from the horrible coworker and a chance to go snowboarding again.  TGIF.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for this co-worker of yours to mysteriously disappear... ya catch my drift?  :ph34r:

Note: I am in no way saying bio should do anything nefarious. Any action she may or may not take was done on her own accord. TbB is not responsible for any actions performed as a result of his posts.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for this co-worker of yours to mysteriously disappear... ya catch my drift?  :ph34r:

Note: I am in no way saying bio should do anything nefarious. Any action she may or may not take was done on her own accord. TbB is not responsible for any actions performed as a result of his posts.

:lol:

I am full of guilt, fear, anger, hatred, and disdain for the holidays with a deep desire to go into a hole and avoid most human contact for  a month BUT I'm a week closer to walking. 

Oh my god, a week closer to being able to just... go to the damn bathroom or grab something from the other room without crawling, hopping, or subjecting my armpits to more pain. Just have to get through these cursed holidays. 

So are you saying that he should instead disappear into a closet with another unnamed coworker?  That's the only type of disappearance that I would expect from a christmas party.

Good time at the work holiday party, especially since the coworker is apparently out sick today (not that she could be bothered to tell me about it), and my boss gave me a $100 gift card to True Food Kitchen!!  Wow.

:lol: :lol: I really didn't think you were actually going to listen to my advice! 

Glad you had a good time at the holiday party.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Good time at the work holiday party, especially since the coworker is apparently out sick today (not that she could be bothered to tell me about it), and my boss gave me a $100 gift card to True Food Kitchen!!  Wow.

Wow, I thought my $20 for a local shopping mall was a nice gesture.

Wow, I thought my $20 for a local shopping mall was a nice gesture.

Right?  I was shocked when I opened the card.  We have a large group, too, so I didn't expect her to do anything, really.  Very nice on her part.  I'm glad I already gave her a gift (made candied pecans for her family) earlier this week!!

Edited by biodork

Right?  I was shocked when I opened the card.  We have a large group, too, so I didn't expect her to do anything, really.  Very nice on her part.  I'm glad I already gave her a gift (made candied pecans for her family) earlier this week!!

Now's the opportunity to double down. "You know, the gift card was really nice but there's something else I really want..."

Now's the opportunity to double down. "You know, the gift card was really nice but there's something else I really want..."

Ha!  Well she knows now that something is amiss and we're working on finding time to meet and discuss (privately) in more detail... hoping for early next week, but her schedule is pretty booked so we shall see.  My boss is honestly a great person who obviously cares about her employees, so I'm hoping things will go well but I'm still not sure where we go from here.

Ha! Well she knows now that something is amiss and we're working on finding time to meet and discuss (privately) in more detail... hoping for early next week, but her schedule is pretty booked so we shall see. My boss is honestly a great person who obviously cares about her employees, so I'm hoping things will go well but I'm still not sure where we go from here.

You're clearly valued. That helps in any situation like this. Good luck!

My Dad got his biopsy results back today.  Ok, it was cancerous.  But it's low-level, and doesn't even need treatment.  Just some monitoring for now.  And they got the whole tumor (it was small) out in surgery Tuesday.

The last time I heard "it's cancer," it was a 5% chance to live 5 years and she didn't even last 5 months.

I feel much better about this one.

My Dad got his biopsy results back today. Ok, it was cancerous. But it's low-level, and doesn't even need treatment. Just some monitoring for now. And they got the whole tumor (it was small) out in surgery Tuesday.

The last time I heard "it's cancer," it was a 5% chance to live 5 years and she didn't even last 5 months.

This is great news.

You're clearly valued. That helps in any situation like this. Good luck!

Thanks!

My Dad got his biopsy results back today.  Ok, it was cancerous.  But it's low-level, and doesn't even need treatment.  Just some monitoring for now.  And they got the whole tumor (it was small) out in surgery Tuesday.

Sounds like night and day; glad to hear his prognosis is good.

• 3 weeks later...