F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Stop here!  Stop here!

Good luck, Bio.  You deserve some.

Thanks!  And lol I wish Buffalo were on the way!  I'll have to make a trip back at some point to meet up with the Buffalo / Rochester crew again for a game and some more whiskey.   :)

Be prepared for Denver drivers. Every license in that state comes with free meth.

:blink:

Edited by biodork

Not skin cancer.

phew

Haven't checked this thread in a couple weeks.  Great news man.

Sold my house on Tuesday.  While it was painful writing a larger check to sell the place than I did to buy it 9 years prior, I am thankful to have it off my hands and to no longer be responsible for all the repairs.  Tonight I head to Delaware to spend the weekend with my dad, and then I start the drive to Denver with stops to see friends along the way.  Can't wait to finally get settled into my new place and explore the area!

After reading all the house trouble, it's nice it's finally unloaded off of your plate.  Good luck in Denver!

I promise there will be more Whiskey next time.

:thumbsup:

Haven't checked this thread in a couple weeks.  Great news man.

After reading all the house trouble, it's nice it's finally unloaded off of your plate.  Good luck in Denver!

Thanks!

My father had an appointment with his cardiologist to decide if was able to handle the surgery required to fix his aneurysm. The stress test revealed that his heart is not strong enough. He needs two stents for clogged arteries before he can handle the stent for the aneurysm. The fantastic part is his new cardiologist disassociates himself from my dads previous medical establishment. The poor man could have been treated for this aneurysm years ago but his former care giver simply gave up on him. This poor man has had several heart attacks, one triple bypass, a collapsed lung, a stroke and is on oxygen. He is no stranger to pain and suffering. He has a long road ahead of him but some one has finally told us that he has hope. Very good news.

My father had an appointment with his cardiologist to decide if was able to handle the surgery required to fix his aneurysm. The stress test revealed that his heart is not strong enough. He needs two stents for clogged arteries before he can handle the stent for the aneurysm. The fantastic part is his new cardiologist disassociates himself from my dads previous medical establishment. The poor man could have been treated for this aneurysm years ago but his former care giver simply gave up on him. This poor man has had several heart attacks, one triple bypass, a collapsed lung, a stroke and is on oxygen. He is no stranger to pain and suffering. He has a long road ahead of him but some one has finally told us that he has hope. Very good news.

I'm glad there's hope. What kind of aneurysm? Did they tell you how big it is? They usually look at the risk of rupture vs. the risk of surgery. I'm assuming it's big enough to warrant surgery. That's scary stuff. I'll be thinking of you both.

Josie has lasik surgery on both eyes yesterday afternoon and it seems to have gone extremely well.

Took the day off of work today to come take her to her follow-up appointment this morning.

Went to breakfast afterwards, then came home and spent the day reading and drinking coffee.

Just pulled my first batch of goulash out of the oven in time to turn on some hockey and have a couple beers.

What a fantastic Friday.

I'm glad there's hope. What kind of aneurysm? Did they tell you how big it is? They usually look at the risk of rupture vs. the risk of surgery. I'm assuming it's big enough to warrant surgery. That's scary stuff. I'll be thinking of you both.

The aneurysm is abdominal aortic. It's at 5.7 cm. He has been financially disadvantaged his entire life regardless of the fact that he has had a philanthropist's heart the entire way. The facility in Burlington,Vt has been calling him a dead man for ten years. He is only 69. I see a sweet man softened by the years. The world would be a lesser place without him. Thank God he has found his way to caregivers that...care.

The aneurysm is abdominal aortic. It's at 5.7 cm. He has been financially disadvantaged his entire life regardless of the fact that he has had a philanthropist's heart the entire way. The facility in Burlington,Vt has been calling him a dead man for ten years. He is only 69. I see a sweet man softened by the years. The world would be a lesser place without him. Thank God he has found his way to caregivers that...care.

Maybe once his heart is a little stronger he can have the endovascular repair that's easier to tolerate. He sounds like a great guy. He deserves a break.

Maybe once his heart is a little stronger he can have the endovascular repair that's easier to tolerate. He sounds like a great guy. He deserves a break.

Thanks man. He is the toughest SOB I've ever known. Those Vietnam vets are like that. Tough as nails and soft as cotton.

Been waiting to officially post the news (although I kind of let it slip in another thread).  Mrs Menace and I are expecting to add 2 new Buffalo fans to world.  expecting fraternal twins around playoff time (late March early April).  Still haven't announced on Facebook yet, but we've told all of our family and our closest friends.  I still need to reach out to a few far off friends (service members and others).  Couldn't be more excited.  Completely unexpected (the twins aspect that is).  Going for our second ultrasound on Nov. 3rd.  I've already talked to work about getting every doctors appointment off. There was nothing more fantastic than seeing both of the little ones move around on the screen.  Not going to lie, I shed a tear.   

Been waiting to officially post the news (although I kind of let it slip in another thread).  Mrs Menace and I are expecting to add 2 new Buffalo fans to world.  expecting fraternal twins around playoff time (late March early April).  Still haven't announced on Facebook yet, but we've told all of our family and our closest friends.  I still need to reach out to a few far off friends (service members and others).  Couldn't be more excited.  Completely unexpected (the twins aspect that is).  Going for our second ultrasound on Nov. 3rd.  I've already talked to work about getting every doctors appointment off. There was nothing more fantastic than seeing both of the little ones move around on the screen.  Not going to lie, I shed a tear.   

:w00t:  double congrats!

Congrats  man! Are these your first kids?

Becoming a dad: Hard mode.  That's awesome, Dennis!

:lol:

Awesome.  And the double-down is a clear indicator of male power.

dEnnis, you've been presented with the perfect opportunity:  Fantasy Draft!

Each of you picks one, you raise them according to your own plan and then see which turns out better.  You let the wife pick first because, well, it's only fair.  It would work well with identicals, but hey, you play the cards you're dealt. Winner gets $20.