Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

I make the Bobby Ryan/Hiller for Miller trade in a heartbeat if that deal is back in play.

Get it done Darcy.

Which of course means that the deal was never at any point on the table, at least in that form. Buffalo would have to be throwing something else into the deal.

Which of course means that the deal was never at any point on the table, at least in that form. Buffalo would have to be throwing something else into the deal.

Possibly, but I get the feeling it was a legitimate deal in some form, mainly because it's extremely reasonable.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Hiller was playing TERRIBLE (worse than Miller post-Lucic) at that time and Ryan was also struggling. Maybe the Ducks were concerned Hiller still wasn't totally recovered from vertigo? Now, Hiller certainly rebounded during the second half and I'd be surprised if that exact deal would still be in play....but I don't think it's that far off. With Getzlaf and Perry pending UFAs the trade would free up roughly $3.5 million to play with, which is very important to the Ducks. Ryan + Hiller for Miller + 21st? I'd do that, and I think it's reasonable if the Ducks need that money to sign Getzlaf and Perry.

Former Sabre Brian Campbell wins Lady Byng Trophy

Ken Hitchcock , Coach of Year

Evgeni Malkin Most Outstanding Player

Eric Karlsson best defencemen Norris Trophy

Gabrial Landeskog Calder Trophy, Rookie of the Year

Patrice Bergeron Selke Award best defensive forward

Max Pacioretty Masterston -player who best exemplifies perseverance

Henrik Lundqvist Vezina Best Goaltender

Evgeni Malkin Heart Trophy Most Valuable Player

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398848

I absolutely cannot believe Quick got snubbed for the Vezina. :censored:

They're not supposed to take the postseason into account. Of course, they sometimes do. Probably often. But with Lund's season, and Quick's post-season hardware, I think they're probably both ok with it.

Congrats Jhonas!

Jesse Spector@jessespector

NHL All-Rookie team: Enroth, Faulk, Gardiner, Henrique, Landeskog, Nugent-Hopkins

Wow. Pleasantly surprised. Good for him.

They're not supposed to take the postseason into account. Of course, they sometimes do. Probably often. But with Lund's season, and Quick's post-season hardware, I think they're probably both ok with it.

Wow. Pleasantly surprised. Good for him.

I believe all the voting is done before the playoffs start, so the only ones taking the postseason into account are the fans

If the regular season is the metric, then Quick should have been a landslide. He put the Kings on his back all year and posted the best numbers in the league while doing it.

Marty Biron could have won the regular season on the Ranger this year.

Karlsson shouldn't have won the Norris....Weber should - i really don't understand how he won it!

When I saw that he won it, All I could think of is that he (probably his agent more though) is kicking him self for signing the new contract yesterday, I'm sure that the award could have given him a couple extra bucks in that deal

Also, Looking through a list of the voting results, only 3 Sabres had votes for an award at last nights awards, all for the Lady Bing (Make your Jokes)

Pomminstein was 8th in voting, Hodgson tied for 46th with 1 5th place vote, and our own Brad Boyes was tied for 31st with a 3rd place vote (probably from someone who plays defence and thought about how nice he was by not making it hard to play defence against)

Cody Hodgson was also 8th in Calder voting

If he ends up signing in Carolina with Eric when he becomes a UFA, theres going to be alot of rumblings about tampering, especially if he signs for something alot less then other teams offered. Carolina may never have spoke to him directly, but I'm sure that he talks to his brothers regularly and they have talked about it before, and I wouldn't doubt Eric would say some things to Carolinas management about going after him. I don't think they could ever prove any actual tampering went on, but its an advantage right now for the 'Canes having Eric.

I think turning down a 10 year deal on Jordans part is insane personally. it almost seems like a slap in the face to the Pens organisation. The team is willing to commit to you for 10 years at a good salary (heard between $5-6 mil a season) and you get to play on a very good team with Crosby and Malkin that will continue to make the playoffs and be cup favorites? What more do you want, to be the #1 player on your team?

Archived