Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Not picking on anyone but went throught the first 10 pgs of the the thread. Most notables:

Huh

Parise

10th place for Nolan and Latvia.

yes. he also wants to go party with Radulov.

So I was a little off...I'm man enough to say I was wrong :P

I think it's related to the arena not being in Phoenix. The Glendale Council probably gets a little bit of an inferiority complex about that.

that, or going for a "regional" aspect for the team, Similar to the stupid name change the Angels did a few years ago in baseball when they became the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"

that, or going for a "regional" aspect for the team, Similar to the stupid name change the Angels did a few years ago in baseball when they became the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"

It could be, but I don't think that's it, 2/3 of the states population lives in the Phoenix metro. I don't think they believe they can draw in the 500k people from Tuscon 2 and a half hours away.

I think it's related to the arena not being in Phoenix. The Glendale Council probably gets a little bit of an inferiority complex about that.

That and everything else about this hockey team. Glendale has been a huge headache in the whole process.

Don't pretend to know , but a good guess is that '"Arizona Coyotes" simply a more inclusive name,

I get the inclusivity of Arizona vs Phoenix and I'm aware the team plays in Glendale, but I don't see the point in changing the name now. Even if it was an attempt to sell new merchandise next year, I think they'd be better off modifying the jersey than changing the name. Phoenix is appropriate from a metaphorical (if not geographical) standpoint, and it's hardly as egregious as the "New York" Giants and Jets.

Whens the season start?

We usually start after the first week of free agency. The whole purpose of the thread is to combine news, etc to a generalized category such as this thread.

Things are slow news, etc wise right now that the number of threads is small and easy for users to read.

Feel free to open up a new thread for specific "stuff" or happenings around the league until it picks up.

Agreed?

I'm still open to trading Stafford to the Devils if Parise stays there.

via Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice,

Devils captain Zach Parise repeated today his desire to re-sign with the team and said even if he does hit the unrestricted free agent market on July 1 there is “no way” he’d sign with the rival Rangers.

“I like the people here,” he said of his remaining a Devil.“I like the staff, my teammates. I like the area. There’s a lot of good things about this place.”

Parise was asked twice about the idea of signing with the Rangers and shot it down both times.

“Don’t try to get a headline out of it,” he warned.

https://twitter.com/...331275866570752

St. Louis signs Chris Stewart to a 1 year, $3 million extension. Not sure if this signals they're giving him a chance to bounce back, or if it's easier to move him with a concrete deal in place. Depending on which, I think he's a good buy-low candidate for the Sabres.

Cheaper than Dustin Penner will likely be and about the same player, right? Hmmm......

Archived