Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399090

Good deal for both reams with Philly needing D because of Pronger uncertainty and Carle pending UFA. Schenn brothers now united in Philly.

Toronto gets an excellent young Power Fwd in JVR to help boost their offense.

I don't like it. 2 teams I don't like just got better. (TO definitely did, if Schenn can come out of his funk w/ his brother being around, then Filly did as well.)

I don't like it. 2 teams I don't like just got better. (TO definitely did, if Schenn can come out of his funk w/ his brother being around, then Filly did as well.)

Appreciate the positive comments Taro,,,, sort of thing I like to hear :lol:

That's what is scary.....when a team only needs good goaltending to make it very good....it's only 1 guy you need to find. Philly tried it with Bryz....but there is nothing stopping them from admitting it isn't working, and pulling a Calgary deal by sending him and some draft picks to a team that needs to fill cap space like Blue said.

Now you have 2 top goalies clearly available and 2 direct competitors looking to fill that void. Tampa, Minn and Columbus took care of their needs to a decent degree, so the bidding is limited and both Philly and Toronto have enough young talent to get something done that won't kill them.

I would add Florida to the mix as well. I could see Luongo heading back to Florida. I think there is an opportunity there with Florida for the Sabres to make a deal. I would love to see a deal with Miller moving to the Panthers and Kulikov coming back in the deal. Of course there would have to be other components to the deal for something like that to get done.

the only rumors out there for buffalo are Roy ones, and that's just people saying he could get traded. So really no rumors about buffalo.

Which is a good sign ... unless you want Roy traded. Rumors almost never come true and trades that do happen rarely have rumors leaked about them.

I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet... the Flyers sent JVR to the Leafs for Luke Schenn: http://sports.yahoo....56811--nhl.html

Who wins this trade?

Burke has said he wanted to get bigger on the forward ranks and Philly needed to fill the hole that Pronger left so maybe its a win win situation. Imo jvr had taken a step back but maybe thats an ice time thing. He may get a better opportunity in TO.

Which is a good sign ... unless you want Roy traded. Rumors almost never come true and trades that do happen rarely have rumors leaked about them.

Come on. The Sabres were rumored to be trading Kassian for months!

I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet... the Flyers sent JVR to the Leafs for Luke Schenn: http://sports.yahoo....56811--nhl.html

Who wins this trade?

I see it as a lose-lose. Schenn hasn't lived up to his billing, IMO, and JVR will suffer in Toronto as all players do.

Come on. The Sabres were rumored to be trading Kassian for months!

I see it as a lose-lose. Schenn hasn't lived up to his billing, IMO, and JVR will suffer in Toronto as all players do.

22 years old, 7th in the league with 270 hits led all NHL defensemen, -6 on a team that was a -33. There isn't a forward on this team that I wouldn't have traded for Luke Schenn. That includes Vanek, Ennis, Foligno and anyone else you can mention.

http://www.nypost.co...D0cxUEv1vIHoAoI

I know I mentioned in the roster thread I'd love to add Prust to upgrade the 4th line...but $2.2 million seems insane for a 4th line winger. Good for him if he gets it from somebody, but my interest in the Sabres pursuing him has now significantly dropped.

Wow. 2.2? No way.

22 years old, 7th in the league with 270 hits led all NHL defensemen, -6 on a team that was a -33. There isn't a forward on this team that I wouldn't have traded for Luke Schenn. That includes Vanek, Ennis, Foligno and anyone else you can mention.

And thats why you sit on the internet whining on a message board and professionals are paid good money to build hockey teams. Of course if you were in charge of the team, the only statistical category that the team would care about is Hits. Who needs scoring when you can have the #7 on the list of Hits!

http://www.thehockey...ortunities.html

above rather sobering article if your bias other teams regarding free agency, with NHL's arguably best GM and $20 million of cap money to spend, don't bet against wings signing a few of the highly desired free agents.....

Wings add Suter, Parise, Schultz and ka boom , ... Terry got a few $$$ on you....

And thats why you sit on the internet whining on a message board and professionals are paid good money to build hockey teams. Of course if you were in charge of the team, the only statistical category that the team would care about is Hits. Who needs scoring when you can have the #7 on the list of Hits!

No one makes me laugh on this board on a regular basis more than you do.

A 22 year old physical defenseman that led the NHL in hits? We're not talking some 28-29 year old vet. Anyway, in case you didn't notice the Sabres drafted with an eye towards the physical aspect of the game. Happily someone down at the F'N center gets it. Sadly, you don't.

So in eight days we're looking at Hudler, Gaustad, Parenteau, Arnott, Samuelsson, Prust, Jagr, Knuble, Semin, O. Jokinen, Smyth, and Penner as available UFAs (I only included the likely forwards). Plus Parise, Ott, Ryan, and Nash as available in trade.

Who do we go after...what do we do?

No one makes me laugh on this board on a regular basis more than you do.

A 22 year old physical defenseman that led the NHL in hits? We're not talking some 28-29 year old vet. Anyway, in case you didn't notice the Sabres drafted with an eye towards the physical aspect of the game. Happily someone down at the F'N center gets it. Sadly, you don't.

The players they drafted are more then just guys who can throw hits

Your response was to the fact that Schenn underperformed and hasn't lived up to the hype. Your response was that he throws hits, which seems to be the only thing you look for in players. Thats about the only thing Schenn could do all season, unless you count all the times he gave the puck away in their own zone. He was good at that too

So in eight days we're looking at Hudler, Gaustad, Parenteau, Arnott, Samuelsson, Prust, Jagr, Knuble, Semin, O. Jokinen, Smyth, and Penner as available UFAs (I only included the likely forwards). Plus Parise, Ott, Ryan, and Nash as available in trade.

Who do we go after...what do we do?

I'm of the opinion that it'd be dangerous to assume that any of our newly drafted centers will be ready for the NHL on Day 1 of the season. I wouldn't mind picking up an older, relatively low priced center for a year or two as insurance. I also think that we have to trade Roy and his $4 million cap hit to take a serious run at any "name" free agent forward. I think if that happens, we go after Parise since Drew is his best friend.

So... trade Roy, pick up a cheaper, veteran center as insurance in case the kids at center aren't ready, then go after Parise. :)

Archived