Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

I'm of the opinion that it'd be dangerous to assume that any of our newly drafted centers will be ready for the NHL on Day 1 of the season. I wouldn't mind picking up an older, relatively low priced center for a year or two as insurance. I also think that we have to trade Roy and his $4 million cap hit to take a serious run at any "name" free agent forward. I think if that happens, we go after Parise since Drew is his best friend.

So... trade Roy, pick up a cheaper, veteran center as insurance in case the kids at center aren't ready, then go after Parise. :)

Right now I think Parise will go to Pitt or the Flyers. Ryan and Nash seem to have too high an asking price, so I say we make a play for Ott using Roy. Perhaps along with Knuble, Hudler, or Parenteau on the wing.

Right now I think Parise will go to Pitt or the Flyers. Ryan and Nash seem to have too high an asking price, so I say we make a play for Ott using Roy. Perhaps along with Knuble, Hudler, or Parenteau on the wing.

I don't think Ryans asking price is going to stay high, he has come out and said he wants to be moved now and hes not happy with the Ducks. I think the price gets lower soon cause everyone knows he isn't staying in Anaheim anymore, and I doubt Anaheim will just let him sit out instead of getting something for him.

I don't think Ryans asking price is going to stay high, he has come out and said he wants to be moved now and hes not happy with the Ducks. I think the price gets lower soon cause everyone knows he isn't staying in Anaheim anymore, and I doubt Anaheim will just let him sit out instead of getting something for him.

I honestly don't think the asking price for Ryan drops much, if at all. If he were a pending UFA next season I'd agree, but he has 3 years left on his contract, Anaheim doesn't have to trade him at all, regardless of his unhappiness. If I were a GM I'd keep an unhappy 30 goal scorer over a package of doodoo.

Archived