Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

talking heads on sportsnet saying that Adam Oates has now been interviewed twice for Washington Capital Job, he likely choice. For those who have not seen it , Dale Hunter has in his discussions with family chosen between saying in management box or coaching to resume his position as head coach of family's London Knights. This in answer as to what position he would assume having said previously he would return to Knights.

Well that's interesting! After he's announced that he is going to take a season off, is he actually tradable, or are teams going to steer WAY clear?

My guess is a budget team acquires him to get to the cap floor. Assuming he doesn't come back his cap hit stays on the books....but obviously they don't need to pay him. That's a match made in heaven for a cheap owner.

My guess is a budget team acquires him to get to the cap floor. Assuming he doesn't come back his cap hit stays on the books....but obviously they don't need to pay him. That's a match made in heaven for a cheap owner.

that's a scenario I never would've thought of. Good point.

Bruins Chiarelli says Tim Thomas has waived his no trade clause.

Well that's interesting! After he's announced that he is going to take a season off, is he actually tradable, or are teams going to steer WAY clear?

I have thought all along that what Thomas really meant, but could not say was ... he was not going to play for the Bruins next year.

I expect an announcement soon ... Thomas is a Toronto Maple Leaf. No source, other than my gut feeling.

Luongo in Toronto, Thomas in Philly, Rask in Boston

Good plan, but I'd switch Luongo (Philly) and Thomas (Toronto).

I have thought all along that what Thomas really meant, but could not say was ... he was not going to play for the Bruins next year.

I expect an announcement soon ... Thomas is a Toronto Maple Leaf. No source, other than my gut feeling.

and my gut is turning and twisting at that thought :sick:

Good plan, but I'd switch Luongo (Philly) and Thomas (Toronto).

this not at all a bad thought... given Leafs to have what they think to be two good young goalies who still need maturing and length of obligations to Thomas as opposed Loungo, if your bias be Leafs success , not at all a bad idea

this not at all a bad thought... given Leafs to have what they think to be two good young goalies who still need maturing and length of obligations to Thomas as opposed Loungo, if your bias be Leafs success, not at all a bad idea

I wonder what that would look like ... I've never seen it ... :P .

That's what is scary.....when a team only needs good goaltending to make it very good....it's only 1 guy you need to find. Philly tried it with Bryz....but there is nothing stopping them from admitting it isn't working, and pulling a Calgary deal by sending him and some draft picks to a team that needs to fill cap space like Blue said.

Now you have 2 top goalies clearly available and 2 direct competitors looking to fill that void. Tampa, Minn and Columbus took care of their needs to a decent degree, so the bidding is limited and both Philly and Toronto have enough young talent to get something done that won't kill them.

This is what I was thinking too, which kinda pisses me off because some team is going to turn around and take a problem off the Bruins hands to help them out. I really think there should be something to stop this because its similar to the whole Kovy issue of circumventing the cap. One of the bigger teams signs a big contract, later in the deal something happens and they can get out by dealing them to a cheap team that just wants them for their book keeping. If the player says they are going to sit out, the team they are worth should be stuck with the cap hit, or should not be permitted to move them.

From what the Bruins GM said though, Thomas has said he won't be playing in '12/13 so I don't think they move him and he changes his mind and decides to play. I doubt that if he was going to do that, Boston would be willing to deal with Philly or Toronto as they are in the same division, unless Burke is dangling a few #1's again to the Bruins

Mike Vogel@VogsCaps

#Caps have dealt center Cody Eakin and 2nd round pick (no. 54 overall) to Dallas for C Mike Ribeiro.

Ribeiro is/was their only offensive center. I don't get it.

Roy for Ott. Please, please, pretty please.

With Carlyle gone it's more than likely. Ryan & Hiller for Miller > Loungo for Miller

Late to this portion of the thread, but I'd take that deal all day and twice on Sunday.

Not particularly inclined to send Miller packing, but that deal would make the Sabres a better team.

Late to this portion of the thread, but I'd take that deal all day and twice on Sunday.

Not particularly inclined to send Miller packing, but that deal would make the Sabres a better team.

The Sabres would have to come up with the extra pieces in a Miller/Bobby Ryan trade. No way the Ducks go two for one.

Toronto trades Luke schenn to flyers for jvr. Per @darrendreger

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399090

Good deal for both reams with Philly needing D because of Pronger uncertainty and Carle pending UFA. Schenn brothers now united in Philly.

Toronto gets an excellent young Power Fwd in JVR to help boost their offense.

Archived