Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Frankly, if Pommer and Stafford are invisible again tonight, I will be very close to demanding that at least one of them be gone this summer.

I'm really worried about this game.

I'm disappointed that Stafford has done nothing so far from an offensive standpoint, but at least go out and throw your body around. I've seen Stafford hit(he is more than capable at 6'1", 210+ lbs) and I know he even did well in a fight a couple of years ago. That he can't see fit to contribute in ways other than scoring is very disappointing.

That being said, he(along with the rest of the top 6) has at least 3 games to turn it around.

The Sabres need strong performances from the following guys if they are going to win tonight:

Miller

Pommer

Stafford

Myers

Frankly, if Pommer and Stafford are invisible again tonight, I will be very close to demanding that at least one of them be gone this summer.

I'm really worried about this game.

If Stafford remains invisible, he needs to be gone in the off-season.

Couldn't care less about his regular season if he reverts to the real Drew Stafford in the playoffs.

No way we ever get rid of Pominville.

If Stafford remains invisible, he needs to be gone in the off-season.

Couldn't care less about his regular season if he reverts to the real Drew Stafford in the playoffs.

No way we ever get rid of Pominville.

Because of his contract? Or because he's too good to get rid of? If the former, I agree. If the latter -- we're going to have a dustup.

As much as I have not liked Boyes play so far, I would have liked to see Ennis dropped down to the 4th line and move Boyes back to the 2nd line wing.

I agree. And I am ready to see Gerbe on a top line as well.

Stay out of the box, be defensively responsible, and get a ton of shots on Boucher. The game will be ours.

I would also recommend hitting people like Hartnell and Briere A LOT. Briere is a hothead. Shove him around enough and he'll do something stupid.

I still want to see the Sabres A-Game. I haven't seen it yet in these past two games.

true, we haven't seen the Sabres that played the last fifteen or so games of the season as of yet in the playoffs. the penalties and all didn't help.

Read it all upthread and agreed with about Everything. Gerbe needs more ice time and I would throw him out on the PP just because he works hard. If Staff does nothing in the playoffs and Toronto sends us an offer sheet... buh bye. I think that Pegula will not stand for slackers especially in the playoffs so thats good. Pommers needs shoot sooner and more often. Boyes needs to shoot on net. Ennis needs to be less lazy. TC, idk what to say for you, you havent been giving the puck away but you havent really contributed. McCormick is awesome. Weber is a tank and has been our best defensmen this series so far. Butler has done loads better than I thought and needs to step up his physical play, the puck or the man. Nieds has surprised me and I am very happy he is an animal in the playoffs. I am ready to have Roy back... Myers is showing his age and I still want him signed long term cuz hes still scary good. We clearly need Leopold back. Montador showed improvement and lets hope that continues because hes our only def over 24 right now (WTF). Morrisonn is a waste of money and needs to be traded in the offseason. I'd rather pay Weber 1mil and get the same production with a harder working attitude. Miller, isn't freaking Harry Potter, but I bet he is sharp tonight and Wednesday because this guy understands pressure.

Are the Sabres going to be giving out towels for the fans to wave tonight? I've decided that I'm anti-towel (or pom-pom). It creates a visual for television, but IMHO makes the arena quieter... Instead of clapping, people wave the towels, which lessens the noise that would otherwise be generated.

Are the Sabres going to be giving out towels for the fans to wave tonight? I've decided that I'm anti-towel (or pom-pom). It creates a visual for television, but IMHO makes the arena quieter... Instead of clapping, people wave the towels, which lessens the noise that would otherwise be generated.

Sabres fans need to do this.

:pirate:

Archived