Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

so long as i never see a 'thunder stick' in HSBC I'll be ok with it. i hate those things with a passion.

"bloink-bloink-bloink-bloink-bloink" super lame.

Just a suggestion to Pegs...

Gold t-shirts would be very cool. Much better than white ones.

The white out is coming. Not sure if it's tonight or game 6. (We don't need no stinkin' game 6)

Jessie Pegula was on WGR with Schopp earlier today... I think she said it will be Wednesday and it'll be a "Gold-Out", although she wasn't 100% certain about the day.

Did anyone else hear her say Gold-Out? I may've misheard--- there's a lot of extraneous noise here at work.

Jessie Pegula was on WGR with Schopp earlier today... I think she said it will be Wednesday and it'll be a "Gold-Out", although she wasn't 100% certain about the day.

Did anyone else hear her say Gold-Out? I may've misheard--- there's a lot of extraneous noise here at work.

Whiteout always works the best in my opinion. Gold out is creative trying to use our colours but doesn't have the same affect IMO.

Twitter says tonight is a white out with white pom poms. And that a gold out is forthcoming. They want to "build up to it".

Instead of "gold out" shouldn't it be the "Gold Rush"? ;)

FWIW, this is from Paul Hamilton's latest post at WGR55:

"Bucky Gleason writes that Jordan Leopold could possibly return to the Sabres lineup tonight. I've had one person within the organization tell me he's 95-percent sure Leopold is playing. That would be about one week ahead of schedule. It does go against what the defenseman told me on Sunday when he said he was on schedule but not ahead of schedule. Andrej Sekera did not take part in the morning skate. He reinjured the same upper body muscle he missed Game 1 with."

:unsure:

I'm not sure I like Leopold back if he's not fully healed.

"Bucky Gleason writes that Jordan Leopold could possibly return to the Sabres lineup tonight. I've had one person within the organization tell me he's 95-percent sure Leopold is playing. That would be about one week ahead of schedule. It does go against what the defenseman told me on Sunday when he said he was on schedule but not ahead of schedule. Andrej Sekera did not take part in the morning skate. He reinjured the same upper body muscle he missed Game 1 with."

I understand but no one is going to be fully healed. I'll take him at 95% if Sekera is out again.

Twitter says tonight is a white out with white pom poms. And that a gold out is forthcoming. They want to "build up to it".

Ah, I see. Thanks--- I thought I heard something along those lines.

Whiteout always works the best in my opinion. Gold out is creative trying to use our colours but doesn't have the same affect IMO.

I kind of agree--- but all that orange in Philly did have a pretty suffocating effect.

I understand but no one is going to be fully healed. I'll take him at 95% if Sekera is out again.

Yeah, I get that. His issue is a broken bone - so it's either healed or it's not. If it's not healed, it's easier to break again. Bruises and muscle pulls are much easier to manage and, to me, are really the only injuries you can measure in percentages. Sprains are the worst - you can't measure a sprain in percentages due to the nature of the injury.

I view this as good news. Sekera was terrible in Game 2, and if he's injured, a "healthier" Leopold is the better option. Also given how bad Montador has been playing, hopefully a Leopold return will get Montador back to normal. I think a Gragnani-Weber pairing will do just fine and the assumption that Myers-Butler and Gragnani-Weber get the disproportionately higher number of minutes compared to Montador-Leopold is probably not much of an issue or a bad thing either. That's my take at least.

The heart is an upper body muscle.

I hate Sekera. Darcy posterboy for defense.

Wow really? I know that everyone has stepped up since Jan 1st but I've loved his game in particular (for the most part) over the past month and a half. Don't see how you could 'hate' the guy.

The heart is an upper body muscle.

I hate Sekera. Darcy posterboy for defense.

Sekera is 24. A child in NHL defenseman years. Remember, it usually takes longer for defensemen to develop -- the more experience they get, the better they are at making split-second decisions under heavy pressure.

He's got outstanding wheels and very good offensive instincts. He's also further along in his development than Soupy was at this age.

Reggie isn't the reason the Sabres lost game 2, and if they lose the series it won't be because of him.

Sekera is 24. A child in NHL defenseman years. Remember, it usually takes longer for defensemen to develop -- the more experience they get, the better they are at making split-second decisions under heavy pressure.

He's got outstanding wheels and very good offensive instincts. He's also further along in his development than Soupy was at this age.

Reggie isn't the reason the Sabres lost game 2, and if they lose the series it won't be because of him.

You have to imagine that Sekera came back too soon from his injury.

Wow really? I know that everyone has stepped up since Jan 1st but I've loved his game in particular (for the most part) over the past month and a half. Don't see how you could 'hate' the guy.

He has no heart. Did you see him the other night? He was backing away on 2 of the goals where just staying in position would prevent a scoring chance. He had a nice offensive stretch where games were wide open. Just wait until they put pressure on him. He didn't handle the puck as much the other day, but in his own zone when a forecheck is coming, he plays scared.

Darcy loves the guy. His assesment of Sekera is one of the reasons i feel this team will never thrive under this talent management. Leopold is a much more responsible all around player.

I literally jumped up at the bar and was swearing at Sekera. Yes he scored a goal and can skate the puck, but i would rather be in a foxhole with an Iranian crossdresser.

He has no heart. Did you see him the other night? He was backing away on 2 of the goals where just staying in position would prevent a scoring chance. He had a nice offensive stretch where games were wide open. Just wait until they put pressure on him. He didn't handle the puck as much the other day, but in his own zone when a forecheck is coming, he plays scared.

Darcy loves the guy. His assesment of Sekera is one of the reasons i feel this team will never thrive under this talent management. Leopold is a much more responsible all around player.

I literally jumped up at the bar and was swearing at Sekera. Yes he scored a goal and can skate the puck, but i would rather be in a foxhole with an Iranian crossdresser.

Reggie certainly struggled the other night. Let's see how he responds.

As for Leopold, I'm not a fan, and I'll be quite disappointed if Reggie isn't more sound in the defensive zone by the time he's Leopold's age.

Everyone around me in the office has to be wondering why I LOL'ed just now.

I kind of agree--- but all that orange in Philly did have a pretty suffocating effect.

I've seen some colleges (e.g., Virginia Tech for basketball) use a "black out," which IMHO was kind of dumb... On television it looked as if the arena was empty!

Of course Darcy loves him, he loves every player on the team when you hear him speak which is one of his big downfalls. However it was that same Darcy which brought in Leopold. Shikira had a rough game, I totally agree. But it's just that....one game. This is after comming back from injury as well. He's young and will come around.

Archived