Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Who comes out? Gragnani was not the weakest defenseman and Sekera would hopefully be returning to form, but would we want Leopold, Gragnani, and Sekera in there? Morrisonn will probably stay out, and Bulter and Myers have been strong. Monty?

Who will sit for Leopold? It won't be Myers, Butler or Weber, so that leaves Monty, Reggie and Gragnani.

My guess is that Gragnani will sit.

i thought i read Reggie wasn't on ice this morning. Monty has been brutal so far but i'd like to see him on the ice but with lesser minutes, maybe 3rd pair. Grags has been composed when he has time, but the Philly forecheck had him making bad passes quite a few times.

i thought i read Reggie wasn't on ice this morning. Monty has been brutal so far but i'd like to see him on the ice but with lesser minutes, maybe 3rd pair. Grags has been composed when he has time, but the Philly forecheck had him making bad passes quite a few times.

If Monty and Leopold are paired, I think that would settle Monty down.

Bob won't dress?

Boucher starting

Leighton backing.

Interesting.

I wonder if we hurt Bobs in that game? Maybe it's a rest night?

This wackiness in Philly goaltending just screams meltdown. We need to be the team to cause it. Let's break their spirit tonight. :pirate:

Read it all upthread and agreed with about Everything. Gerbe needs more ice time and I would throw him out on the PP just because he works hard. If Staff does nothing in the playoffs and Toronto sends us an offer sheet... buh bye. I think that Pegula will not stand for slackers especially in the playoffs so thats good. Pommers needs shoot sooner and more often. Boyes needs to shoot on net. Ennis needs to be less lazy. TC, idk what to say for you, you havent been giving the puck away but you havent really contributed. McCormick is awesome. Weber is a tank and has been our best defensmen this series so far. Butler has done loads better than I thought and needs to step up his physical play, the puck or the man. Nieds has surprised me and I am very happy he is an animal in the playoffs. I am ready to have Roy back... Myers is showing his age and I still want him signed long term cuz hes still scary good. We clearly need Leopold back. Montador showed improvement and lets hope that continues because hes our only def over 24 right now (WTF). Morrisonn is a waste of money and needs to be traded in the offseason. I'd rather pay Weber 1mil and get the same production with a harder working attitude. Miller, isn't freaking Harry Potter, but I bet he is sharp tonight and Wednesday because this guy understands pressure.

Not true, he lost the puck stickhandling at the Flyers blueline leading to Pommers hauling down a someone on a partial break.

Didn't hurt us directly, but that play was the end of a PP we sorely needed.

Otherwise, I agree - We have some guys stepping up, other guys playing poorly, and pretty much the usual suspects being their usual invisible selves.

While it's nice Philly has a goalie issue, these kinds of things can serve to unify and galvanize a team. It's an issue Philly can rally around. That said, get one or two by the Bouche early and you gotta think the Flyers will start gripping their sticks just a wee bit tighter. Gotta get to the Bouche!

GO SABRES!!!

Home Ice - Check.

Rested top 6 (too much penalty killing) - Check

Bounce back game for Miller - Check

Leash taken off Gerbil - Check

No stupid penalties - Check

Beer stocked in fridge - Check

Time to serve notice.

Can we just get it started now.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

just think, if buffalo didn't spend all of their time killing stupid penalties, they would've had more time and energy to play a good 5 on 5 game. Philly only scares me when they're we're on the powerplay.

Just a slight change based on the regular season :-)

Not true, he lost the puck stickhandling at the Flyers blueline leading to Pommers hauling down a someone on a partial break.

Didn't hurt us directly, but that play was the end of a PP we sorely needed.

Otherwise, I agree - We have some guys stepping up, other guys playing poorly, and pretty much the usual suspects being their usual invisible selves.

crap I knew i gave tc way to much credit.... arrrg I forgot that play because there were about a million penalties during that stretch... GOOD CALL!

Are the Sabres going to be giving out towels for the fans to wave tonight? I've decided that I'm anti-towel (or pom-pom). It creates a visual for television, but IMHO makes the arena quieter... Instead of clapping, people wave the towels, which lessens the noise that would otherwise be generated.

so long as i never see a 'thunder stick' in HSBC I'll be ok with it. i hate those things with a passion.

"bloink-bloink-bloink-bloink-bloink" super lame.

Archived