Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Sekera is 24. A child in NHL defenseman years. Remember, it usually takes longer for defensemen to develop -- the more experience they get, the better they are at making split-second decisions under heavy pressure.

He's got outstanding wheels and very good offensive instincts. He's also further along in his development than Soupy was at this age.

Reggie isn't the reason the Sabres lost game 2, and if they lose the series it won't be because of him.

Agreed, these are the growing pains that we as fans will have to deal with in the hopes in a another year or two we will have a suburb and solid def core that will be the envy of the NHL.

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. I work with a Flyers fan (puke) who says he heard from Philadellia sources that Prongermeister is expected to be back for game 4? Anyone else hearing that? There's a story out there where Flyers management is denying that he has a second break in his hand. (I thought they canceled, "As the World Turns.").

Side note: The Red Sox got more points today than the Bruins will in their entire series with Montreal!

Sekera is 24. A child in NHL defenseman years. Remember, it usually takes longer for defensemen to develop -- the more experience they get, the better they are at making split-second decisions under heavy pressure.

He's got outstanding wheels and very good offensive instincts. He's also further along in his development than Soupy was at this age.

Reggie isn't the reason the Sabres lost game 2, and if they lose the series it won't be because of him.

My link

Yeah, I get that. His issue is a broken bone - so it's either healed or it's not. If it's not healed, it's easier to break again. Bruises and muscle pulls are much easier to manage and, to me, are really the only injuries you can measure in percentages. Sprains are the worst - you can't measure a sprain in percentages due to the nature of the injury.

I think you've got that about 82% correct.

+1...take it easy on Reggie. The future is very bright there. Skilled offensive defensemen don't grow on trees (nor do they develop overnight).

I couldn't help but notice the macabre undertones to your twitter post. It puts the lotion on.

The bumpy I-90 in WS is hilarious. When I lived up there I always thought I had a flat. Got me every time.

I definitely intended it that way. :thumbsup:

Some of the others on twitter are fantastic. What a fun little idea to get revved up for the game. And the Philly fans that have been responding are too stupid to understand that it's a joke. :lol:

I'm stuck in class during this game tonight, so I'm hoping you guys get stuck watching a really boring 1-0 Sabres win. :nana:

I have a feeling that wont be the course of this game though.

Dude, I just got down to Orlando...No VS, No MSG, so called High speed internet? slower than dial up! I'm going crazy now trying to find somewhere/someway to catch the game!!

I definitely intended it that way. :thumbsup:

Some of the others on twitter are fantastic. What a fun little idea to get revved up for the game. And the Philly fans that have been responding are too stupid to understand that it's a joke. :lol:

You'd think the "#UntrueBriereFacts" would have been a dead give away.

Oh man the damned ESPN America brings Boston vs. Montreal again.

The third time !!

Blow the Phillies out of our house.

Lets go Buffalo

P.S.

Where or how can i see the games in Germany live?

I believe you can buy an online subscription through NHL.com that would let you watch all playoff games online. There are also some bootleg websites that stream some games online illegally but the U.S. government has been cracking down on those a lot.

I see two keys to a win tonight:

1. Pepper Boucher or whatever other mediocre goalie they put in net with tons of shots.

The game one goal is a perfect example of what needs to happen: shoot the puck and head for the rebound. I'm sick of seeing decent chances and odd man rushes wasted by intercepted passes leading to odd man rushes the other way. If the Flyers can keep 12 to 15 shots a period, even routine ones, out of their net consistently, I'd be shocked. One of the key stats from the Sabres late season run was a high volume of shots on goal and that needs to continue.

2. Stay out of the penalty box!

Sure giving up PP goals sucks, but it's tiring out the penalty killers, destroying any offensive momentum, and it's leaving less time for Vanek, Stafford, Ennis, Boyes, etc. to do their thing. I'm as disappointed in Stafford so far as the next person, but he hasn't had a chance to get into a regular set of shifts and ice time so far either. I'd like to see what he can do if he's given the chance to get a rhythm going out there.

I wonder if this game will go back to a defensive game 1 replay, buffalo def got a nice " verbal lashing" in the locker room behind the scenes....idk if were veteran enough to play both stellar offensively and defensively. We will have to choose our style, if were smart then we should take this in 6. Hopefully being home, well be able to get away with some of the so-so calls. But honestly idc about us getting pp's as much as us bot being in a SH situation

Buffalo wins 4-2

Archived