Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I never trumpeted Briere as the second coming, but the guy made a heads up play in the playoffs to help win a game. Was Gerbe's 45 foot spinorama backhand anything special?

For some posters, the specialness would go up an order of magnitude if Gerbe played for another team.

Love all your posts, everyone, even though I don't agree with all of them. It's a cold, wet, overcast day in Taxachusetts, and you all make for very interesting reading.

I do have to interject with my own brilliantly thought out point of view: If we had some freakin' guys who could bury their freakin' chances, we'd be up 2 - 1 in the series. I think this goes to the heart of the whole Briere debate and perhaps to all the comments about Gerbe. No matter how they go in, Briere seems to get the timely, dagger-in-the-back goal (even when he was with the Sabres). It seems Gerbe has shown some ability to seize a moment and score a big goal, too, but is limited by how Lindy utilizes him.

I don't think there are any more 1 - 0 victories left in this series. We had a lot of chances last night and no one could bury the puck. We let Philly's goalie look like Bernie Parent, and that has to change... like QUICK.

Love all your posts, everyone, even though I don't agree with all of them. It's a cold, wet, overcast day in Taxachusetts, and you all make for very interesting reading.

I do have to interject with my own brilliantly thought out point of view: If we had some freakin' guys who could bury their freakin' chances, we'd be up 2 - 1 in the series. I think this goes to the heart of the whole Briere debate and perhaps to all the comments about Gerbe. No matter how they go in, Briere seems to get the timely, dagger-in-the-back goal (even when he was with the Sabres). It seems Gerbe has shown some ability to seize a moment and score a big goal, too, but is limited by how Lindy utilizes him.

I don't think there are any more 1 - 0 victories left in this series. We had a lot of chances last night and no one could bury the puck. We let Philly's goalie look like Bernie Parent, and that has to change... like QUICK.

While I agree that offense is needed, I still think D and G are killing us. If you told me our goal totals would be 1, 4 and 2 and that we would win the 1 goal game, I'd guess we were up 2-1 or 3-0 in the series. And we whould be if not for our D and G.

I like the reference to "boring hockey". I recall Miller made a similar statement earlier in the year, when they were still struggling. I'm not sure how quickly afterward they were able to refocus and start the big turnaround, but it's certainly their best chance at slowing down the Flyers' forwards.

Hopefully, the Sabres that looked to be on the verge of running the Flyers out of the building for 10-12 minutes at the end of the 1st period last night can make an appearance--- but I wouldn't mind watching them clog the neutral zone until they find their chances to pounce on a Philly mistake or two.

This series is pretty even, regardless of how suffocating Philly looked in the latter half of Game 3. Limit mistakes from overaggressiveness and brain farts and the Flyers may not have a 2-1 lead right now.

Apparently they're going to lock it down next game and play 'defensive' hockey. We don't have the horses to go toe to toe with these guys. Thats their game and they'd love to get into it with our guys so according to Lindy we'll play 'D'. Anything that gets us a win is fine by me at this point.

Apparently they're going to lock it down next game and play 'defensive' hockey. We don't have the horses to go toe to toe with these guys. Thats their game and they'd love to get into it with our guys so according to Lindy we'll play 'D'. Anything that gets us a win is fine by me at this point.

I think that's dumb. Playing from a defensive standpoint down 2-1 already puts you at a disadvantage. You're almost "giving up" already. Three close games, coulda gone either way. I don't think its good to change what you're doing, just play smart and wake up on D a bit. That's all ya gotta do.

I think that's dumb. Playing from a defensive standpoint down 2-1 already puts you at a disadvantage. You're almost "giving up" already. Three close games, coulda gone either way. I don't think its good to change what you're doing, just play smart and wake up on D a bit. That's all ya gotta do.

I think the fact that we're losing the series is reason enough to change what we're doing.

I think the fact that we're losing the series is reason enough to change what we're doing.

Philly had trouble getting shots through and getting inside when Buffalo collapsed low in game 1.

They had no trouble getting shots through when they spread the ice in game 2.

Game 3 was six of one and a half dozen of the other.

If Buffalo plays sound D and is patient enough to go on power plays, they could play it like Goldilocks ....just right.

Philly had trouble getting shots through and getting inside when Buffalo collapsed low in game 1.

If Buffalo plays sound D and is patient enough to go on power plays, they could play it like Goldilocks ....just right.

May I say, sir, that I greatly appreciate your positive outlook while the darkness surrounds me?

The Sabres can still pull this out. They are flawed but they still have enough to win this series if they put enough pieces together.

Well, I hope I see a really boring, yet tense, game tomorrow, then. Not kidding.

While I agree that offense is needed, I still think D and G are killing us. If you told me our goal totals would be 1, 4 and 2 and that we would win the 1 goal game, I'd guess we were up 2-1 or 3-0 in the series. And we whould be if not for our D and G.

Goaltending is not killing them. its not winning it for them, but its hardly killing them. None of the games have been blowouts, and the Sabres have been in each game right to the end. Atleast 1-2 goals in the last 2 games have come off of defensive mistakes. They are making Boucher look like a vezina candidate though.

The goals for and goals against this series is 9-7 for the Flyers, and they are up 2-1 right now.

The folks blaming Miller and bringing up his salary are as much blaming the fact that those dollars weren't spent for defensive or scoring help as they are blaming his performance. The problem with that line of thinking right now IMO is that's offseason talk. Some people are talking like playing Enroth would give some sort of cap relief that would help in this series.

Archived