Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

very nice.

Definitely.

Separately: this is a no-kidding comment, but compared to last year, I feel like I'll be more psyched if the Sabres win this series and more disappointed if they lose.

Same, but only because the thought of Flyers fans being happy makes my stomach turn.

I'll disagree with you on the "jinxy" part. The friggin' Hurricanes had one during their Cup run -- set to Springsteen's 'The Rising.' As much as I hate to admit it, it was pretty damn good.

that's fair.

for me, the way things shook out against ott'wa and then following the 2007 playoffs has just placed a sh!t stain all over that 'better days' thing.

as a practical matter, i don't think pegula & co. will have had time to create a music video a la 'better days' for this year's playoffs (recall that video had footage from all over town (gm powertrain, etc.). but, like i said, i am confident there will be a pump-up montage of archived team footage for use on the jumbotron and during telecasts.

Buenos Dias Sabres Nation!

Checking in from Barcelona, Spain and can not wait. I am pretty sure I am going to have to listen to the game on the GR App but that will just give me memories as a kid listening to JR!

I have a ticket for Game 4 and can't wait to get home and cheer our team on!

Give Em Hell Boys! :devil:

You have not yet discovered the miracle we call a "sling box"?

I will only be disappointed if they are sitting on their hands and lose. If they go down fighting I will write this season off as "the season in which we woke the f*** up" and be happy.

Yes ... win one in FILTHadelphia, and let's hope the speed of this team is full bore throughout. My expectations are not CUP high, but I think the Sabres will put the fear in Philly. if fit's a 'clean' game, Buffalo can easily hold it's own ... bu then again , it is Philly.

GO SABRES!! ... regulation win so I can get to work on time!

Stats from the Year End Guide I was surprised by:

Scoring First: 25-10-3

Opponent scoring first: 18-19-7

Lead after 1: 20-6-3

Trailing after 1: 11-12-4

Tied after 1: 12-11-3

Leading after 2: 25-2-3

Trailing after 2: 5-24-1

Tied after 2: 13-3-6

So, leading after two is what has to happen tonight. I'm surprised the record is this good. Sure felt like they blew leads in the early part of the season.

So, leading after two is what has to happen tonight. I'm surprised the record is this good. Sure felt like they blew leads in the early part of the season.

IIRC, last year they were something like 20-0-0, so I'm not sure how important it is. Just win, any way you can.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

Now THAT's an impressive stat. Only three out of 22 times they were tied entering the 3rd did they lose in regulation. I don't care about the OT/SO stats since playoff OT is a different animal.

Combine the tied and leading after two stats, and Buffalo lost in regulation only five out of 52 times, or approx. 10%.

Anyone know how this compares, league-wide?

Now THAT's an impressive stat. Only three out of 22 times they were tied entering the 3rd did they lose in regulation. I don't care about the OT/SO stats since playoff OT is a different animal.

Combine the tied and leading after two stats, and Buffalo lost in regulation only five out of 52 times, or approx. 10%.

Anyone know how this compares, league-wide?

I agree. Their record tied after 2 is the most impressive. Let's just play our game. The short guys give us a unique attribute. We have some scorers i.e Vanek and Stafford who stay near the net, then you've got the Gerbe and Ennis guys flying around and then the Gaustads and Mcormicks who cycle the puck well. I'm by no means saying we're going to win but I'd be surprised if they don't push this series and give the flyers a big scare if they can't pull it off.

I have class from 7-9:30, so what do i do? I turn off my Phone, tell people in my class they tell me the score and I am gone, ignore computers starting at 7, DVR set and double checked (sorry rules of engagement you aint getting recorded), DVR set to record up to two hours past end of game just in case, Car radio off no wgr. So with no connection to outside world for 3 hours I will come home blast through commercials and watch the outcome of this game.... ya I am not concentrating much in class tonight... LETS GO BUF-FA-LO!!!!!!!!

I have class from 7-9:30, so what do i do? I turn off my Phone, tell people in my class they tell me the score and I am gone, ignore computers starting at 7, DVR set and double checked (sorry rules of engagement you aint getting recorded), DVR set to record up to two hours past end of game just in case, Car radio off no wgr. So with no connection to outside world for 3 hours I will come home blast through commercials and watch the outcome of this game.... ya I am not concentrating much in class tonight... LETS GO BUF-FA-LO!!!!!!!!

seriously, just skip class. you won't be the only one.

You should email your teacher and ask if class can be cancelled on account of the game. If he's a sabres/flyers fan, maybe he will consider it.

seriously, just skip class. you won't be the only one.

I had a project due the night of Game 7 against Ottawa in the Plante OT game. I walked into class in my jersey, handed the prof. my project, and started to walk out. He asks where I'm going. I say to the hockey game. He asks if a hockey game is more important than his class. I say there is only one Game 7, but another 10 of your classes. He didn't laugh.

I can't tell you what the project was about. But I can tell you Ron Tugnutt was in goal that night.

Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

I had a project due the night of Game 7 against Ottawa in the Plante OT game. I walked into class in my jersey, handed the prof. my project, and started to walk out. He asks where I'm going. I say to the hockey game. He asks if a hockey game is more important than his class. I say there is only one Game 7, but another 10 of your classes. He didn't laugh.

I can't tell you what the project was about. But I can tell you Ron Tugnutt was in goal that night.

Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

If the name "Tugnutt" doesn't make you grin - then you have a cold, dark heart.

Don't know if anyone posted it yet but tonight's scratches are Sekera and Mancari according to TBN Sabres Edge blog.

PHILADELPHIA -- Defenseman Andrej Sekera and forward Mark Mancari will be the Sabres' scratches for Game One tonight. More info to come. --- John Vogl

Must be that Grier is ready.

1. Sekera out means Gragnani is playing. Not good.

2. Can the Sabres handle the Flyers forecheck?

3. Will the "core" show up?

4. Is it possible to have Miller force himself to not do the "WTF wave" during the playoffs?

5. Special Teams? NO DUMB PENALTIES.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived