Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I'm not sure that is a slam dunk statement. Philly out hit Buffalo 40-35. I thought the physical play was pretty even myself.

Those numbers are misleading, I think with bone jarring hits, the Sabres pretty much issued all of those, and in that regard philly did not match us.

Those numbers are misleading, I think with bone jarring hits, the Sabres pretty much issued all of those, and in that regard philly did not match us.

Right. Morissonn didn't practice today because he got rattled good. Philly had their hard hits too. There is no metric for bone jarring hits and its all based memory and perception. The hard numbers say it wasn't lopsided at all.

Buffalo did a nice job of matching Philly's physicality. I really didn't want to get a subjective pissing match going. Can we leave it at they held their own nicely?

Right. Morissonn didn't practice today because he got rattled good. Philly had their hard hits too. There is no metric for bone jarring hits and its all based memory and perception. The hard numbers say it wasn't lopsided at all.

Buffalo did a nice job of matching Philly's physicality. I really didn't want to get a subjective pissing match going. Can we leave it at they held their own nicely?

No. The Sabres came out on top..!..

Kaleta's hit, the hit that led to goose's, um, breakaway, Weber's punch to JVR,.. they really did come out on top.

The Sabres were more physical than the Flyers in game one. By a lot. It wasn't even close. I'm just as surprised as you that I can say that, but it's true. Just ask a Flyers fan.Will that be true of game 2? I don't know, but it was true of game one and it's why we won the game. I'm happy.

I'm not sure that is a slam dunk statement. Philly out hit Buffalo 40-35. I thought the physical play was pretty even myself.

Right. Morissonn didn't practice today because he got rattled good. Philly had their hard hits too. There is no metric for bone jarring hits and its all based memory and perception. The hard numbers say it wasn't lopsided at all.Buffalo did a nice job of matching Philly's physicality. I really didn't want to get a subjective pissing match going. Can we leave it at they held their own nicely?

No. The Sabres came out on top..!..Kaleta's hit, the hit that led to goose's, um, breakaway, Weber's punch to JVR,.. they really did come out on top.

Grier was hitting everything, too. I thought it was pretty even, but if I had to pick a winner in the physicality department, I might go with Buffalo...new blog post:Game 2 key for Sabres: http://www.thesportsbuff.com/?p=545

"I would totally hit that! IDK what that is but I would hit it!"

(Things not to say while drunk in Vegas)

Archived