Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Grier and Kaleta in, Mancari and Sekera out per WGRZ.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/118352/413/Grier--Kaleta-In-Sekera--Mancari-Out

:censored: Sekera has been one of our top D men the past month or so (since we was last healthy scratched). That's a big loss IMO. Atleast we have veteran depth I suppose....Any news on Pronger?

:censored: Sekera has been one of our top D men the past month or so (since we was last healthy scratched). That's a big loss IMO. Atleast we have veteran depth I suppose....Any news on Pronger?

It has to mean he is still not near 100%.

The Flyers will be coming at them in waves in the first period and hitting everything in a Sabres jersey so I am going to trust Lindy's judgment in letting him sit.

I just hope Grier doesn't blow a tire early in the game and mess up the line rotations. I suspect that is Lindy's fear with Shakira.

It has to mean he is still not near 100%.

The Flyers will be coming at them in waves in the first period and hitting everything in a Sabres jersey so I am going to trust Lindy's judgment in letting him sit.

I just hope Grier doesn't blow a tire early in the game and mess up the line rotations. I suspect that is Lindy's fear with Shakira.

I'm surprised that Grier is back. I think that knee is a game-to-game thing.

I have class tonight too, and I could skip it, but I only get one miss, so I have to make it count. Since I'll be able to watch the game with game center live online when I get home, I'm not going to blow off this class, but there is absolutely no way I'm going to comprehend a word the professor is saying once 7:30 comes around.

I'll blow off a night when there is a game that I won't be able to watch on delay, like a 2nd or 3rd round VS game. That would be a great problem to have.

It has to mean he is still not near 100%. The Flyers will be coming at them in waves in the first period and hitting everything in a Sabres jersey so I am going to trust Lindy's judgment in letting him sit. I just hope Grier doesn't blow a tire early in the game and mess up the line rotations. I suspect that is Lindy's fear with Shakira.

I vote for mancari over grier but I understand that Grier will give us depth on our PK although last game we took 1 penalty... Should provide some fun drama with these abrupt line changes. Gerbe/Mancari/Goose were gelling.

My prediction is this...

If the Sabres can manage to legally put the puck in the Flyers' net more than the Flyers put the puck in the Sabres' net, the Sabres will win.

You only applied 'legally' to the Sabres, which tells me that we will lose again due to a puck going through the side of the net :(

EDIT: on second thought, your logic is sound. If they put 2 in the side and one legally and we get 4 legally we still win. I am on board now.

1. Sekera out means Gragnani is playing. Not good.2. Can the Sabres handle the Flyers forecheck?

3. Will the "core" show up?

4. Is it possible to have Miller force himself to not do the "WTF wave" during the playoffs?

5. Special Teams? NO DUMB PENALTIES.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how long this injury is going to keep him out. This is bad news

I vote for mancari over grier but I understand that Grier will give us depth on our PK although last game we took 1 penalty... Should provide some fun drama with these abrupt line changes. Gerbe/Mancari/Goose were gelling.

I agree 100% on this. Grier has looked slow all year..lets see if he ups his game in the playoffs.

So on airtran, nothing better than being 30,000 feet up, getting jacked for the Sabres here, and listening to Home Ice. All this stuff still amazes me..old fart that i are.

BTW, I really like Jim "Boomer" Gordon..one of my favorite sports guys

Kaleta better be in we need hits I mean Grier is great for a lot of things but he doesn't lay anyone out

I think they should both be in the lineup and you might want to reconsider your thoughts on Grier....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20103BUFSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats :oops:

I think Lindy wants as many grownups as possible in the lineup. I'm glad Grier is back. He's tough, he knows what to do and what not to do in the playoffs, and he played pretty well vs. Boston last year.

From Grier's perspective, I'm sure his knee hurts, but he knows that if wants another NHL contract next year he needs to play now and play well.

I think Lindy wants as many grownups as possible in the lineup. I'm glad Grier is back. He's tough, he knows what to do and what not to do in the playoffs, and he played pretty well vs. Boston last year.

From Grier's perspective, I'm sure his knee hurts, but he knows that if wants another NHL contract next year he needs to play now and play well.

I was watching one of those video montages that somebody brilliantly made and saw a clip of Grier. I thought "oh ya, I forgot we had him". I think if we win the first round and that's the feeling I still have about him than that will be a good thing. I love the guy but he's getting up there.

I think they should both be in the lineup and you might want to reconsider your thoughts on Grier....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20103BUFSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats :oops:

Nice link. Hits leader, on top with blocked shots and only 1 give-away. Hopefully he can play that game this year.

Holy smokes that is a fantastic avatar... not sure if that is new but :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hehe thanks, I made it before the last Canes game. I want to change it to something Flyers-related, but haven't had time yet (plus I really like the Cane-baby...with wasabi of course).

Maybe I'll just paste Briere's face on the baby and make the jersey orange :lol:

hehe thanks, I made it before the last Canes game. I want to change it to something Flyers-related, but haven't had time yet (plus I really like the Cane-baby...with wasabi of course).

Maybe I'll just paste Briere's face on the baby and make the jersey orange :lol:

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better... :lol:

Watch Grier on the forecheck tonight. Last year he was reeking havoc on the B's d with his hits.

Every time a conversation about Grier pops up, I can't help but recall the attire of a fan at one of the Buffalo-Carolina games down here recently. A blue Sabres sweater, #25, with the name plate "THE BLACK GUY".

Politically correct or not, it cracks me up.

I love what Grier brings to the table in the playoffs, and I'm glad he's back in there tonight.

Every time a conversation about Grier pops up, I can't help but recall the attire of a fan at one of the Buffalo-Carolina games down here recently. A blue Sabres sweater, #25, with the name plate "THE BLACK GUY".

Politically correct or not, it cracks me up.

I love what Grier brings to the table in the playoffs, and I'm glad he's back in there tonight.

Talking about politically correct, don't regular posters call him Black Vanek. Don't think it's meant to be offensive in any way, just funny.

i am delighted to have rosie back in the lineup. the guy is a warrior, provides meaningful leadership (from what i can tell), can raise his game in the playoffs, and can be a heat-seeking missile on the forecheck.

i'm just hoping that his body is willing to do what his spirit desires.

Archived